Call of Duty at TRU

kmaynor

Went in today after scoring my 360 from the walmart deal and wanted to find out about games. The game guy told me about a special they have tomorrow buy the game between 10-2 and get a free $20 gift card. So not only do you get the latest and greatest you get and extra $20 to spend on whatever!:eek:

from 10-2 tomorrow!

There is a FREE $20 gift card when you buy Xbox360 or PS3 Modern Warfare 2

OR

$30 gift card when you buy Modern Warfare 2 and 1 of 'these' games (select games)

OR

$45 GC with Modern Warfare 2 and 2 of 'these' games

Games include

Ratchet & Clank Future a crack in time PS3 59.99

Call of duty modern warfare 2 59.99

Lego Rock Band PS3 49.99

Dragon Age Xbox 360 59.99

Brutal Legend PS3 59.99

Ultimate Alliance 2 PS3 59.99

Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Xbox 360 39.99

Smackdown VS Raw Xbox 360 59.99

Uncharted 2 PS3 59.99

Band Hero Xbox 360 59.99

Tekken 6 PS3 59.99

Batman: Arkham Asylum for Xbox 360 59.99

I am definately taking advantage of that offer! DH has preordered it at another store, but I am getting it tomorrow morning at TRU. And, with the coupon in their ad this week, if you spend $75, you get a $10 gift card. I plan to grab something else to make up the difference, so I can get both giftcards. :)

I called TRU about this earlier. The $20 gift card if you buy COD is for Rewards Members as a bonus. But at the top of the ad it also states if you buy one of the games on the page you get a $10 gift card. I asked TRU if that means that since I am a Rewards Member that I get the $20 for buying the game and the $10 for buying the game, they stated that is the way they understand it to be. So if you go there and buy the game and are a Rewards Member they are saying that you would get a total of $30 in gift cards. I hope they know what they are talking about.

Wow! As much as I don't like TRU, I LOVE this deal! Here's my plan:

Call of Duty MW = $59.99

Uncharted 2 = $59.99

FREE GC for buying 2 = $25

FREE BONUS GC for buying 2 between 10-2 today = $30

FREE GC for spending $75 = $10

So.... $119.98 - $65 GC = $54.98 / 2 = $27.49 each for 2 great games!

Headed out soon to see if this works. Fingers crossed! :D

I called TRU about this earlier. The $20 gift card if you buy COD is for Rewards Members as a bonus. But at the top of the ad it also states if you buy one of the games on the page you get a $10 gift card. I asked TRU if that means that since I am a Rewards Member that I get the $20 for buying the game and the $10 for buying the game, they stated that is the way they understand it to be. So if you go there and buy the game and are a Rewards Member they are saying that you would get a total of $30 in gift cards. I hope they know what they are talking about.

If it works that way, that would be awesome. And you could do the two games deal and make it even better:

Free $25 gc when you buy two of these games + $30 gc when you buy COD2 and 1 more game for rewards members + the $10 gc for over a $75 purchase from the front of the ad, giving you $65 in gc after buying two games.

I think it is going to be hit or miss depending on each store and how they interpret the ad, still deciding if I am going to go try it out or not

Call of Duty MW = $59.99

Uncharted 2 = $59.99

Please let us know if that works!

Please let us know if that works!

I'll let you guys know just as soon as I get back...

is this at all tru or just certain area?

It's in the Sunday insert and doesn't mention being regional, so I'd imagine it's good at all locations.

Here I go!

I am a rewards member, but I don't have my card.. can I still use it?

I dont have my card either, have never had one (I signed up online)- you just give them your phone number, kind of like the grocery store cards =) You can also print a temp card on their website

Edited by rachealb

I bought COD today. Didn't get any other games as there weren't any that DH wanted, but I did get the $20 g/c for being a rewards member, and then a $10 for spending over $75. Just an FYI, $10 on $75 coupon that is on the sales flyer this week WILL NOT work, because it says "excludes video games and hardware" but the $10 on $75 from the big toy book WILL work because it just says "excludes game hardware". So, with everything I got, including the new COD, I spent $88 and got $30 worth of giftcards back.

Call of Duty MW = $59.99

Uncharted 2 = $59.99

I'm back, and it didn't work. :mad:

I bought 2 games and got the $30 GC for being a rewards member (I don't have a card either, just gave phone #), but the cashier said that the other gift card deals didn't apply and would be considered "stacking."

I was OK with not getting the additional $25 GC for buying the games (that was pushing it, but it couldn't hurt to try), but not being able to use the insert coupon for a $10 GC wyb $75 disappoints me. I don't see any exclusions on the coupon.

Oh, well... still gotta deal! :D Anxious to hear how it turns out for others.

ETA: I just turned the coupon over and saw the exclusion AudreyNicole mentioned; I didn't realize there was a backside to it. Should have had the one from the big toy book.

Edited by lakerb

My wife went, did NOT get the $20 card but did get the $45 card for buying 3 games.

I told her to argue the fact that it says in the ad...BONUS gift card for rewards card members.

Think about what bonus means..."in addition to", it does NOT mean "or" .

When someone receives a Christmas bonus, they still pay you your regular paycheck, correct?

...gonna fire off an email to TRU and complain about the ad being misleading. :mad:

My wife went, did NOT get the $20 card but did get the $45 card for buying 3 games.

I told her to argue the fact that it says in the ad...BONUS gift card for rewards card members.

Think about what bonus means..."in addition to", it does NOT mean "or" .

When someone receives a Christmas bonus, they still pay you your regular paycheck, correct?

...gonna fire off an email to TRU and complain about the ad being misleading. :mad:

That is not right. I just got my PS3 game and also did the Hasbro deal (spend $25, get $10 gift card) They gave me all $30 on 1 gift card, and I had a coupon for spend $75, get a $10 giftcard, but he couldn't get that to work, so he took the $10 off the game!!!!!! Complain, they should have given her that $20 gift card on top of the $45! 20 bucks is 20 bucks.

I agree that the ad was misleading- it should have stated something like "bonus, rewards members get ..... additional or something like that". I got the $20 gc and used my $10 gc for $75 purchase coupon that came in the mail so got the Xbox 360 game, hulk smash hands (was looking for them anyway) and this cheapo calculator for my purse from clearance for about $82 total, then the $30 gc back, so overall pretty happy. This particular game was my sons #1 game on his list anyway, so would have bought it regardless.

used my $10 gc for $75 purchase coupon that came in the mail.

That's another thing...we have had the TRU credit card for 10 years or more, and have never received one piece of ad mail from TRU. I have asked at the stores, emailed, and called... and still don't receive any of their mail offers. :mad::mad::mad: