GIFT dilemma~15 yr. old SON

allshoppedout

I found a $25 giftcard I had forgotten about so I'll use that to help--does ToysRUs let you use any of those 10 of $75.oo coupons when buying a game system?

Unfortunately, most of the coupons exclude game hardware. The one from the big toy book can be used on games though.

Glad to hear that it is starting to sound possible for you... I am sure that your son will appreciate it very much :)

Thank you all for your replies and help. :)

I did stop at Gamestop and although they were very busy (Call of Duty was released--which I never heard of until today-LOL) I got alot of info from the lady in about 20 min.

She said they can't/aren't getting any of the 40 or 60 GB PS3 in as trade in's because people know they can sell them for lots of $$ on ebay, so :( that isn't gonna happen. . .

The 120 GB is 299. and the 250 GB :eek: is 349.

The blu-ray player feature is definitely something that would benefit ALL of us ;) but certainly not gonna let my DS know that....

Even a not-very-good blu-ray player is 100.oo so if you look at it that way, then I am technically paying $100.oo for a blu ray and 199.oo for the PS3 which makes it seem much more reasonable...

And then if you split it between b-day and Christmas then it is 100.oo for each occasion :).

I found a $25 giftcard I had forgotten about so I'll use that to help--does ToysRUs let you use any of those 10 of $75.oo coupons when buying a game system?

Not only is it a blue-ray player, it's the best one you can get! Since PS3 goes online, it downloads updates to itself. It always has the most recent software. If you buy a regular blue-ray player, it will get outdated, the PS3 will always be up to date. You can also got on the internet, pull up pictures from your memory card, etc. It's a good investment, and much better than the Xbox 360 IMO. My sons friend has already gone through about 3 Xboxes due to the red ring of death. Not to mention the Playstation Network is free and Xbox charges for Xbox Live. We bought our PS3 when they came out and had never had a problem with it. We bought a second one last year for our younger ds (tired of listening to the fights) from WM. They had the Sat. special going where you bought the system and got a $100 gc, plus they had some PS3 games for $20. What game does your son want?

Not only is it a blue-ray player, it's the best one you can get! Since PS3 goes online, it downloads updates to itself. It always has the most recent software. If you buy a regular blue-ray player, it will get outdated, the PS3 will always be up to date.

WOW I had no idea, that's so cool..

You can also got on the internet, pull up pictures from your memory card, etc. It's a good investment, and much better than the Xbox 360 IMO. My sons friend has already gone through about 3 Xboxes due to the red ring of death. Not to mention the Playstation Network is free and Xbox charges for Xbox Live.

Ring of death, yes some kid in video department of BB told me about the RED RING...I was thinking horror movie :eek:--that is the pits!

We bought our PS3 when they came out and had never had a problem with it. We bought a second one last year for our younger ds (tired of listening to the fights) from WM. They had the Sat. special going where you bought the system and got a $100 gc, plus they had some PS3 games for $20. What game does your son want?

I had no idea there was such a sale last year~ because I wouldn't let him get one (price was higher then) but I can see how the gift card helped in your case.

I believe my son wants INFAMOUS, Marvel ALLIANCE 2 and a SPIDERMAN one of some type. I don't know that any bundle would work...don't they have alot of fighting/racing type games often in bundles.... for the most part he isn't into alot of violence/shooting or racing of cars...

Thanks for all the valuable INFO :fluffy:

I see you are in Tennessee, hope you are taking good care of KEITH & NICOLE ;)

Best Buy's black friday ad has a Playstation 3 with 120GB and 2 games for $299. This is an early bird special. I know they also offer 18 months same as cash but not sure of the minimum purchase amount to qualify. I hope you are able to get a PS3 for your son because I have a 14 year old son who loves his XBox. I understand how important this gift is to your son. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!!! Angela :)

Best Buy's black friday ad has a Playstation 3 with 120GB and 2 games for $299. This is an early bird special. I know they also offer 18 months same as cash but not sure of the minimum purchase amount to qualify. I hope you are able to get a PS3 for your son because I have a 14 year old son who loves his XBox. I understand how important this gift is to your son. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!!! Angela :)

:cheesy: WOW--I haven't gotten to see ad yet, just got back on now, I had been getting locked out--so I went to do other household chores. . .

The 2 games would be bonus! But if it means sleeping there for 2 nights...I don't think we can do that...

Thanks for your help.

I am going to get some $ from the Grandparents ;) and see if anyone else wants to chip in too.

:cheesy: WOW--I haven't gotten to see ad yet, just got back on now, I had been getting locked out--so I went to do other household chores. . .

The 2 games would be bonus! But if it means sleeping there for 2 nights...I don't think we can do that...

Thanks for your help.

I am going to get some $ from the Grandparents ;) and see if anyone else wants to chip in too.

We've asked family members to "chip in" before, too.

Actually, I asked my mom if she wanted to "chip in" on an American Girl Doll for DD6 for her birthday earlier this year, and she actually bought the whole doll. (You know, as opposed to just an arm or something...;))

It works well, and it means that the relatives who are doing the chipping in don't have to wonder about what to buy your DS. Stress free and light on the postage, too!

:2wiggle: oh tntsmomie, :gdfunnypost: I'd die to buy "GIRL gifts" once in awhile... even just a doll leg :fluffy:

:cool:

I have a funny thought every now and then. ;)

How much total is this PS3 and games going to cost? We just spent $100 on DD6's AG Doll (Santa gift)...I'm thinking that's 1/3 the cost??? I have a feeling that the holidays are only going to get more expensive....

You could buy him the controller and tell him to pretend he's playing. :g_laughin

Just trying to keep up your sense of humor while you're figuring this all out.

It says on the ad spend $249.99 and receive the 18 months same as cash for a limited time. I did this last year when I bought my son's 32 inch tv. Last year it was $499.99. It is a great option. Easy to pay off when you don't have to worry about finance charges.

It says on the ad spend $249.99 and receive the 18 months same as cash for a limited time. I did this last year when I bought my son's 32 inch tv. Last year it was $499.99. It is a great option. Easy to pay off when you don't have to worry about finance charges.

Thank you for pointing this out, I didn't see that :D

If he gets a PS3, will he even play the PS2 anymore? If not, perhaps he would be willing to sell the PS2 and everything he has to go with it, and put the money towards the PS3. I also think asking family that would buy for him already to help chip in for it. (I think you said the grandparents are going to help, that's awesome!) If it's the only thing he wants, then he probably won't care if it's the only thing he gets. :)

When we decided to buy a Wii (before the price drop), my husband scoured Craigslist everyday until he found a fantastic deal. We payed $350 for a bundle, and when we added up the current retail cost of all the items we got, it would have cost us over $1200. The family selling it had all the systems, and the Wii barely got used, so they decided to get rid of it. If you do happen to come across a good deal on Craigslist, make sure they let you play it before you buy it! If they say no, then you don't want it.:no:

My hubby has suddenly been hinting at what a great BlueRay player it is, so it looks like now I have to jump into the world of PS3 and figure out what in the world I'm looking to buy. This thread helps, thanks for starting it!

We've asked family members to "chip in" before, too.

Actually, I asked my mom if she wanted to "chip in" on an American Girl Doll for DD6 for her birthday earlier this year, and she actually bought the whole doll. (You know, as opposed to just an arm or something...;))

It works well, and it means that the relatives who are doing the chipping in don't have to wonder about what to buy your DS. Stress free and light on the postage, too!

This made me giggle. Sometimes I wish you could buy them an arm/leg at a time..instead of spending an arm and an leg :P We have MANY AG dolls and accessories. MIL got her the bitty twins giftset with stroller when she was 5 and it has just gone downhill from there. We could almost OWN Sony and have all the PS3's we wanted :yup:

So hold on to that boy and be glad for your wallet that he is NOT a girl allshoppedout :P