Best DVD prices ....

allshoppedout

I am interested in getting the best prices on DVD's possible and wanted to know your opinion on whether to wait until BF or think the deals will be before then, etc.

I took advantage of the $10 pre order the other day, but as you know it didn't include many titles..

Where did you find best deals, 1 place or many stores?

I did find about 5 I wanted at Target last year, on BF/that weekend...

Do you think any of the ones I have listed below would go as low as $12 or $10 ?

Also even if the prices were very low, and had to be shipped then I want free shipping..

I want WIDESCREEN, and regular (not blu-ray) in these movies:

The Ugly Truth

Transformers either 1, or 1 & 2 --which ever is cheaper price per dvd --son likes 1st one also

XMEN -Wolverine

Monsters V Aliens

UP

Dexter Season 3

Simpsons -season 6, season 9 thru to the present.....

I am interested in getting the best prices on DVD's possible and wanted to know your opinion on whether to wait until BF or think the deals will be before then, etc.

I took advantage of the $10 pre order the other day, but as you know it didn't include many titles..

Where did you find best deals, 1 place or many stores?

I did find about 5 I wanted at Target last year, on BF/that weekend...

Do you think any of the ones I have listed below would go as low as $12 or $10 ?

Also even if the prices were very low, and had to be shipped then I want free shipping..

I want WIDESCREEN, and regular (not blu-ray) in these movies:

The Ugly Truth

Transformers either 1, or 1 & 2 --which ever is cheaper price per dvd --son likes 1st one also

XMEN -Wolverine

Monsters V Aliens

UP

Dexter Season 3

Simpsons -season 6, season 9 thru to the present.....

Since DVDs are usually the staple of my BF purchases I'll give you what I think about those titles.

I'm more than certain you'll find Transformers 1 cheap (as in the $5 area). Transformers 2 will be on sale since it was a 'blockbuster hit.'

Up and Monsters & Aliens will probably be on sale since they were some of the few decent kids movies out this past year - at least under $15

X-men will probably be on sale - around the $12 or under along with Ugly Truth

Dexter and Simpsons Tv season were, I believe, included in the BF ads last year, so I would assume they would be again. I think last year they were $20 or less...

Again this is all my opinion based on past years BFs. Last year I hit up Walmart, Target and Best Buy for numerous things but I looked at there DVDs and Walmart is good for an assortment of older (as in a year or two or ten) and newer (they had most of the newer blockbuster movies on sale). Target had good tv seasons (last year I got all of Weeds) as well as new titles. Best Buy had a mixure like Walmart and Target but also has other TV seasons (like Curb and Entourage). All other movies I wanted, such as indies or lesser known titles, I found on sale at Amazon.com on BF...I believe free shipping was an option but I'm not 100% sure..

So basically I would wait it out because at least somewhere will have those specific titles on sale.

Edited by zim05

Season 6 of the Simpsons I'm guessing could go 8.99 at Target. Maybe Seasons 9-10. Last year it was similar. A few back when the newest X-Men came out (it was the 3rd one), I picked it up at CC for 8.99 it had been out a few months. Last year I got Kung Fu Panda and Iron Man at Walmart for 9 bucks. So I would guess some newer releases could be under 10 bucks.

My main buys on BF are DVD's. Money is tight so I might even pass on them this year. This year I think I just want to be part of the crowd, and not so much blowing all my money.

The Best Buy in my town (Lexington, KY) did actually have all the seasons of Simpsons except the last two that came out recently for 12.99 when I was there last night.

And yeah if I remember correctly they were at Target last year on BF really cheap too. I'm positive the Sex & The City DVDS for 8.99 and I believe that the Simpsons ones were 8.99 or something like that too because my sister bought like one of each thing they had, lol.

Since DVDs are usually the staple of my BF purchases I'll give you what I think about those titles.

I'm more than certain you'll find Transformers 1 cheap (as in the $5 area). Transformers 2 will be on sale since it was a 'blockbuster hit.'

Up and Monsters & Aliens will probably be on sale since they were some of the few decent kids movies out this past year - at least under $15

X-men will probably be on sale - around the $12 or under along with Ugly Truth

Dexter and Simpsons Tv season were, I believe, included in the BF ads last year, so I would assume they would be again. I think last year they were $20 or less...

Again this is all my opinion based on past years BFs. Last year I hit up Walmart, Target and Best Buy for numerous things but I looked at there DVDs and Walmart is good for an assortment of older (as in a year or two or ten) and newer (they had most of the newer blockbuster movies on sale). Target had good tv seasons (last year I got all of Weeds) as well as new titles. Best Buy had a mixure like Walmart and Target but also has other TV seasons (like Curb and Entourage). All other movies I wanted, such as indies or lesser known titles, I found on sale at Amazon.com on BF...I believe free shipping was an option but I'm not 100% sure..

So basically I would wait it out because at least somewhere will have those specific titles on sale.

THANKS so much, I know that a few GD people purchase many DVDS for presents and that's exactly why I wanted your input. :D

My main buys on BF are DVD's. Money is tight so I might even pass on them this year. This year I think I just want to be part of the crowd, and not so much blowing all my money.

Yes, I am trying to save as much as possible this year.

I"m pretty sure I just saw Monsters vs. Aliens in this weeks Best Buy ad for 12.99

I saw that just a little bit ago as I reviewed the BB add, anyone think I might get it any cheaper..?

I can be patient--no rush to wrap or anything, but I don't want to wait too long and miss the good deal.

The Best Buy in my town (Lexington, KY) did actually have all the seasons of Simpsons except the last two that came out recently for 12.99 when I was there last night.

And yeah if I remember correctly they were at Target last year on BF really cheap too. I'm positive the Sex & The City DVDS for 8.99 and I believe that the Simpsons ones were 8.99 or something like that too because my sister bought like one of each thing they had, lol.

I do recall the Simpsons they had many seasons for that price, but not all. I picked up 2 for my son..so I am looking to build on that...not necessarily picking in order, but picking up "great" seasons..sometimes I read the amazon.com reviews before I go to a store..;)

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

In Theaters: September 18, 2009

On Video/DVD: Estimated for January 2010

from Videoeta.com

They say they know the release date but they can not disclose it until November 16th lol... They have it estimated for January but I would think they would want it to come out before Christmas since that would be the prime time to have people buy it for Christmas gifts lol But maybe not since it just came out in theaters in Sept..hope that helped

don't forget that alot of these kid geared DVDs have rebates out for them as well. Just google the movie title and the word rebate and you should find links to rebates.

And go ahead and buy them when you see them onsale - you can always return it if you find it cheaper.

My son loves the Simpsons and has been buying them at walmart for 14.00. Last weke daddy o deals sent me an email with a bunch of 12.99 dvd's. Simpsons season 12 which is s50 at walmart in a face shaped case was 12.99. I got the free amazon prime trial and ordered it. I don't know if it's still on sale or not, but it's worth a shot.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it appears Amazon is having a big DVD right now..... alot of older titles....but I wanted to note that Seasons 1-10 of the SIMPSONS are 12.49 at Amazon today.... no running to any store for me...

Free shipping with Prime, Free shipping over $25 for everybody else :D I am happy girl.

I ordered Slumdog Millionarie and Sunshine Cleaning from Amazon for around $8 each.

What I usually do is find the dvd's I want that are on sale at various stores on BF, and then go to wal mart and get them there and have them price match. My local wal mart is in my small town, where as all the other stores are in a bigger nearby city. Its easier to get what I need at the smaller town wal mart than to fight the crowds in the city. It works for me.