Does anyone sleep the night of BF?

Jen08

I always plan to get sleep. Get up at around 3-4 to get preparing for cooking (this year work) coffee, newspaper, cooking and looking all over the ads again to make sure I didn't miss anything here. LOL. Dinner, clean up, make sure hubby has everything needed for the night/and next day for him and kids. Then too scared to go to sleep I might not hear the alarm.So I stay up. I know a few years ago this did catch up with me in BB when the lines went up and down every asile or make shift one anyway. I think I cat napped in there a time or two .

I get up Thursday morning usually about 2:00 a.m. out the door by 2:20 and in the line at our K-Mart by 2:30 a.m. (this year not sure if I will go find another one, since ours just closed last month) then home shortly after they open, grab and go...work on Thanksgiving dinner, host late afternoon Turkey dinner, clean up the kitchen, then those that are going in our group gather about 7:00 ish and we make final attack plan, who is going where and arm ourselves with list....while having desert...everyone is out the door by 10:00 p.m. Grab a shower and make sure I have everything I am taking with me, phone charged and usually head out the door around midnight....I have tried to go to bed for a few hours of sleep and I have never lasted more than 15 minutes...so why bother. I will make it home around 4-6 p.m. depending on how far I have gone...unload the car and crash finally around 8:00 p.m. Who needs sleep when you are running on adreneline and caffiene....LOL

I sleep! We normally go to my dad's for Thanksgiving which is a 2 1/2 hour drive 1 way. We get on the road to come home around 7 or 8, but make a pit stop to drop DS off at his grandmas, which is 1 hour away from my house. So we get home around 10 or 11. Last year I was at Target at 5:30. I was planning on going to Kohls when they opened at 4 but didn't want to get up that early. I am skipping ON this year. No way will I be there at 3 or earlier.

sleep are you out of your mind!??! 36-40+ hours awake(in the snow last year it was 22*). 7 am thanksgiving, untill whenever i get home friday unpack then fall over. not kidding. I had to call hubby to come get me last year! I had too much caffine and no sleep or food, was shaking and near blacking out, but the truck was FULL and the shopping all done. I think power shopping should be an olympic sport! Dont remember the ride home, or what the last store was.... but people were letting me go in front of them. I think people let me go infront of them because I looked so terrible! (maybe id she dies in like I can get item x out of her cart lol) This year I promise to eat something, even if it is turkey (yech). No deal is worth no mom on christmas, so for those of you who shop like me, stop off at a muffin store for their sale!

Sleep....maybe not so much. But, I at least get a few snoozes in here and there. One of the reasons that I get to BB on Wednesday night is so I can get settled in and relax for the next 30-ish hours. I usually am by myself with the exception of an occasional visit from the wife cover my spot for a potty break. By Thursday morning, we've all told and re-told our previous years' war stories to our new neighbors and all shrink back to our caves (tents). I spend most of the day just relaxing...at least until the crowd starts to show up after dinnertime. After that, having every newly arrived person ask you what time you got in line pretty much prevents anything further.

After that, having every newly arrived person ask you what time you got in line pretty much prevents anything further.

No doubt! I like when people drive up and ask "What's everyone waiting in line for?"

We don't get sleep because everything you mentioned and there is always 1 jackhole that thinks we want to listen to him blare his music at 2am!

Depends on how good the Black Friday is going to be .. Were usually up and at Jcpennys at 4 am to get the free snow globe then buy A New Bobby Jack Outfit then off to Sears and Walmart.

Good God I would never walk into Toys R Us. 2 years ago we were at Jcpenny's and Toys r us is right across the street the line and all the people looked like an angry mob out of one of those pictures where the mob has pitch forks and torches... LOLZ :eyepoppin:eyepoppin

sleep are you out of your mind!??! 36-40+ hours awake(in the snow last year it was 22*). 7 am thanksgiving, untill whenever i get home friday unpack then fall over. not kidding. I had to call hubby to come get me last year! I had too much caffine and no sleep or food, was shaking and near blacking out, but the truck was FULL and the shopping all done. I think power shopping should be an olympic sport! Dont remember the ride home, or what the last store was.... but people were letting me go in front of them. I think people let me go infront of them because I looked so terrible! (maybe id she dies in like I can get item x out of her cart lol) This year I promise to eat something, even if it is turkey (yech). No deal is worth no mom on christmas, so for those of you who shop like me, stop off at a muffin store for their sale!

Scary! I'm glad you thought to call for a ride. Good reminder to everybody: make sure you take care of yourself. For your sake and for everyone else who is out shopping next to you!

I used to get in bed between 10pm and 1am (only at the latest if I was working the holiday) I'd be up at 3 and out the door by 3:30, stopping for coffee and flying out the door til 1-3pm. This year, I'm working the Holiday and probably stopping at TRU on my way home and staying out.

No, because I am too scared I'll oversleep. I have had horrible nightmares about that, so I won't take the chance. I just stay online looking for deals until it is time to leave.

I am the same way! Those nightmares are very very bad lol

with TRU opening at midnight i will get no sleep whatsoever this yr not even a after turkey nap! We have to travel about 2 hrs to get to a city with decent stores in a close vicenity soo..i will be leaving here around 9pm to get in line then off to oldnavy.tru again at 4 then kmart then kohls i think i dunno ill have to see the rest of the ads! But me and my mom are back at home always around 8-9am then i get about 2hrs of sleep untill my son wakes up. whew! I kinda dread the no sleep thing but i think its b/c its 330 am here and im pooped! lol Night!

I hit the bed at 6pm latest 7 on turkey day....with the help of an OTC sleep aid. I set the alarm to BOMB SHELTER SIREN setting and make sure the hubby also checks no later than 1130. That seems to work well.

BTW the one year I did not sleep, my body actually did it for me WHILE DRIVING ON THE HIGHWAY! Just for a second or two, but that was enough......

Please guys, don't take the risk, if you are tired, cat nap for 15 minutes or so in between stores if you have to.

Guest purpleangel
I usually nap for about 2 hours after Thanksgiving dinner while my extended family frantically search the BF ads and make out their game plans. Thanks to gottadeal.com, I am able to relax knowing I already have my money and game plan ready! I head to the outlets about 10pm for the MIDNIGHT MADNESS!! My family refuses to come on board with gottadeal.com (they think I'm crazy for planning 2 months in advance) so I leave them behind and let them EAT MY DUST!!!

Thanks for starting the thread. I thought I was the only one that couldn't sleep on Thanksgiving night. I usually catch some cat naps waking up happily at 3:30. Last year I knocked on my SiL's door to make sure she was up and getting ready. When she opened the door, she was dressed and ready, but she looked at my smile and said, "Don't even start." I am notorious for being a morning person.

Have a great two and a half weeks of preparation all.

Darla

Good God I would never walk into Toys R Us. 2 years ago we were at Jcpenny's and Toys r us is right across the street the line and all the people looked like an angry mob out of one of those pictures where the mob has pitch forks and torches... LOLZ :eyepoppin:eyepoppin

I did that ONCE, never again. Luckily kids are all grown now so I don't have to worry about the toy store.

I have never slept before a sale because I usually need to be in line at WM for whatever the biggest Tv doorbuster is at about 2am so i'll have a chance and get :P that Tv. I have never had a problem with it cause I used to work until 3 Oclock in the morning so I normally wouldn't even sleep until bout 5:30 on a normal night. I am never bothered by the staying up, but when I do get done shopping and eating I usually go home and sleep after I hooked up and started to use my nice Tv's but this yr i'll be sleeping earlier as all of my home theatre needs we satisfied as of last Black Friday.

I try to take a nap but its very hard! I have to be up at 10pm and out the door by 10:30 for mid night madness, then hit kmart, ( while the hubby hits target) , then the dreaded mall for the few stores I love that arent at the outlets ( ie macys, ny&co, etc..)

Last year I only got about 1 hour and I was EXHAUSTED! We got home at about 3pm and CRASHED! Hopefully this year if I can fall asleep at 7pm and sleep till 10pm Ill be set..Heres to hoping =)