Dolls?

My 7-year-old daughter wants a doll for Christmas. We're torn between the American Girl dolls ($100+), the knock-off Our Generation dolls from Target ($40), or the BFC dolls $30-40). From what I saw, the BFC doll reviews are less than glowing - quality issues, it seems. I've heard/read mixed things about the OG Target dolls too. Anyone have any suggestions? I really wanna know if it is worth the big bucks to get the AG doll, or if you think the others will suffice. She already has a ton of Barbies and Groovy Girls, so I really hate to start yet another collection....

My six year old loves the AG dolls too, but I think I am going to get grandma to go for the Our Generation or the MiaBellas at TRU. I like the OG one at Target that has the violin and a book included. Plus the coupon book will let her get a free outfit too. I would be interested in opinions too.

We have 1 AG doll and "Santa" just got another one for DD6. I have to say they are WELL WORTH the $100. Right now, there's a code for free shipping. :)

What's so nice is that, should anything every happen to the doll, you send it to their "doll hospital." They repair the doll, and she comes back with goodies (a hospital gown and such).

If you're looking for quality, stick with AG.

You can always find clothing cheaper by using outfits from the other dolls you've mentioned. Even Michael's has a whole line of doll clothing for the 18" dolls that fit AG dolls.

We have 1 AG doll and "Santa" just got another one for DD6. I have to say they are WELL WORTH the $100. :eyepoppinRight now, there's a code for free shipping. :eyepoppin

QUOTE]

What is the code for free shipping? I'd love to get a couple outfits for our existing dolls, but they're expensive enough w/o paying for shipping too.

Thanks!

I used to buy my DD the "cheaper" ones. They never lasted. She kept asking for an AG doll. Last year I finally caved and bought ehr one for Christmas. She was so happy. Loved it. The look on her face was worth what I paid for the doll. She played with it all of the time. I ended up getting her another one for her birthday back in May. Now I just recently ordered her the twin AG dolls that she will get for CHristmas this year. I dont regret it at all. I think they are worth what you pay for them. My DD is 6. She plays with them all of the time and we have never had any problems with them.

AG dolls are well worth the price! My dd has 3 of them and is getting Julie from Santa. The hair stays so nice even with combing and constant play. IMO if you are going to spend the $40 for one at Target you might as well go for the AG ones, even at twice the price they will last twice as long as the cheaper ones!

Most all of the cheaper AG similar stuff that I bought at Target fell apart. They are not built to last. DD even used her own $ to buy a table and chairs, and they literally fell apart. Every AG item that we own is still going strong. AG is worth the extra money even though it's tough to pay the extra up front! The free shipping coupon ends today!

DD got two Target dolls for her birthday in September, and their hair is terrible. Every time you comb it you get many many strands that simply pull out. I bought the correct brush that was recommended, and it still happens. DD is 4 so she does not need an AG doll right now, but when she is old enough to appreciate one and care for it, I will buy AG.

Our DD is now 15, she still has her AG dolls and they are in excellent condition. She received Bitty Baby when she was 18 months old, that doll went everywhere with us for years. I mean everywhere--to my parents (my mom was ill, we were there often), to my in-laws, on vacation, to the park, the beach....when Kristen was added, she traveled, too (went to Alaska). I have never had another doll last like that, or be in the same condition year after year.

I bought the Bitty Baby package all those years ago, gave her the doll and the teddy bear for Christmas, and got several additional gifts out of the grouping.