What is your Black Friday pet peeve?

georgiapeach717

For me the worst thing is the people who show up at 5 til and wait at the end of the lanes in the parkinglot facing the door after other people have been standing in the cold for hours. I love how most the time they act like they cant hear anything anyone is saying and even smirk sometimes! ugh!!! Then when the doors open the go right in at the beginning of the lines.

I tend to get *very* verbal with these people!!! While the still locked!! :gdyelling::gdboxer:

People who give you dirty looks if they accidentally get bumped into!! HELLO!!! There are hundreds of people in an aisle meant for maybe 10!!! If you can't handle a little bumping, STAY HOME!! Don't get me wrong, I try not to touch anyone, but if someone bumps me, chances are it's going to make me bump into someone else It's all part of the "Sport" ;)

I definitely gotta say people who bring their kids, this one really annoys me.

But also I hate when people get mad at me if I grab the last one of a certain item, I mean yes it sucks and I would be upset if I missed out on something I wanted but it's not the other persons fault. it just happens lol

The last time this happen to me the lady got mad when I grabbed the last 2 joe boxer pillows that were 2 for $5 at Kmart, seriously?! joe boxers pillows lol

No one has ever tried to take anything from my cart if they did there would be some serious words said and maybe a smackdown

If someone tried to get into my purse it would be on like DONKEY KONG!!!! And I would probably end up in handcuffs lol

Edited by Miss Star

People who stand in the middle of the isle discussing their plans with their 20 family members they brought along to keep them company. The ones that are completely oblivious to what's going on around them, like when the line to check out goes around the sides, but they just cut in front of everyone to go to the shorter middle lanes where people are being directed to go. Then they get mad because they have to go to the end of the line which has now grown longer while they are standing there oblivious. lol

LOL these are hilarious! Miss Star I officially want to BF shop with you, I like your thought process! teehee!!

BCB is that your puppy in your avatar? Its so cute I cant stad its little face this morning!!!

OK, yes the kid thing irks the hell out of me too. Especially when its BABIES!!! I mean really is it these people's first BF? do they not know the moshpits/angry mobs, sleep deprived sugar jacked up psychos??? (and thats just me!) that are out there?!?! ;)

LOL these are hilarious! Miss Star I officially want to BF shop with you, I like your thought process! teehee!!

BCB is that your puppy in your avatar? Its so cute I cant stad its little face this morning!!!

OK, yes the kid thing irks the hell out of me too. Especially when its BABIES!!! I mean really is it these people's first BF? do they not know the moshpits/angry mobs, sleep deprived sugar jacked up psychos??? (and thats just me!) that are out there?!?! ;)

I took my baby bf shopping, 15 years ago. Don't know that I would do it now. The pyschology is too different. Then, people helped me and offered to hold stuff since I couldn't push the stroller and a cart. Now, we would be run over. (I wasn't going after anything big at the store so I used the stroller to help hold the little stuff).

yes...things have changed drastically since my first experience too (roughly the same time ago as you). I mean, it was still funny to watch people running through the mall to get to KB toys, but there was cheering when people were dragging their huge see through (ha! scary now much?!?!) plastic bags full of toys past the line waiting to still get into the store. I also dont think its so bad at the mall with babies, but at the front of a line at walmart or target scares me so bad. Of course that was when you didnt hear about moms getting shot over a wii in a parkinglot, or fistfights over things at TRU. I dont know if its the economy or just the general evolution of who is coming out to BF shop, but things are much different now than then. :( its a shame too, because now its almost servival of the fittest and a lot of the christmas spirit is gone. I almost contemplated not even going out this year, and I am a hard core shopper!

People that bring their HUGE strollers then park it where you can't get to anything in the aisle. Really? You are going to use your NEWBORN ( who should be at home mind you) to keep other Moms from getting to toys even though there are clearly enough items to go around?

People who run to a display, dump the whole thing in their cart but when they get to the check-out return all but a few.

People that get nasty when waiting in line. The lines are slow it's the name of the game. Try being pleasant and it might make the time pass faster.

I think the biggest thing is just people/carts etc just IN the way w/o need. obviously lines are exempt as are crowds trying to get to something.

a work colleaguewas talking about her 1st and only BF when she went w/DD to LOOK at something for possible gifts. BF AM is not the time to be "leisurely" doing anything much less considering items or trying stuff on. I thought it was funny she turned up 10 minutes before opening and complainedabout spending 20 minutes looking for parking:)

I've been lucky that my mom understands this concept else i'd be solo on BF.

babies/kids don't bother me... I have had to take mine before and last year a nice lady had hers up and dressed and was almost 30 min from home when she found out the sitter was calling to cancel and she was supposed to drop the kids and then go to the store... so she had to bring them along or give up shopping... so we all helped her get the stuff that was in the area we were in so she could keep the little ones out of the crowd....

Teens grabbing items for mom/dad don't bother me... heck my sister and I grab items for each other... is it any different if I do it or my teen does it? But I don't take my own teens either... this is MY day :)

pregnant women don't even bother me.... as long as they don't expect me to stop shopping to deliver a baby... gotta draw the line somewhere.. lol

I think the only thing that bothers me would be the people that jump the line.. whether while waiting outside... or the checkout line... I learned several years ago to do my best to stop them.... but if I can't block their way, keep them from taking my spot, etc then I just let it go... no use complaining... not too many people care that morning what I am going through... lol

My sis and I can "vent" all the way home... and we are pretty good at that.... but that is our annual shopping alone day... and so the kiddos all stay home so we can buy anything we want without trying to sneak around and hide it, etc..... and I am SO looking forward to it

My pet peeve is definately those who try to jump line. I stood in line last year for over an hour at Walmart, and had a lady try to just walk up and jump in front of me as I was ready to pay. She actually said to me "I have a puppy at home in bed and it will be scared if it wakes up and I am not there". Haha. I'm sorry but waaayyy back there is the end of the line.

People who didn't read the ad - or claim they didn't see that the doorbuster ended at 1pm, or that some of the specials don't start until Saturday - and haggle with the cashier to give them the deal anyway. And you know the cashier won't, because they have the ad right in front of them and there's plenty of people in line ready to give you the money....

any type of line skipping (cashier, into store, whatever)

I dont mind kids(it happens that parents have to bring them) BUT people who ram me with strollers...not like "o i am sorry" bumps but using your child as a battering ram....cause in my head I know if *I* drop kick the little dear in the head cause mommy is using her to ram her way to the 10$ CPK it makes *me* the bad person....not that I have this fantasy/mental reprimand going on in my head or anything :blush:

The smokers will hate me, but smoking in line. I know you are outside and have your rights, but it's still my right to complain about it.;) I hate the smell! :yuck:

I also detest line cutting of any sort and people who are grumpy/crappy with others and specifically with the cashiers. It's BF, its going to be busy, it's going to be crowded, you are going to spend most of your time in the store waiting to be checked out....