What is your Black Friday pet peeve?

georgiapeach717

Line cutters are my biggest pet peeve. I swear every year I try not to let them bug me that much. But every year they really do zap my christmas spirit.

i hear you there! every year I tell myself just to keep my place and dont let them cut right in front of me and not to worry about it...but every year it gets my blood boiling and i end up getting way to ruffled over it and say a lot more than i should and it isnt at all christmas-y that comes out of my mouth! :blush:

I'm with every one on the line cutting. I got a ticket for disorderly conduct when i put the smack down on a guy that tried three times to cut in line out side of circuit city 8 years ago. the hole line cheered, but i wish they would have paid the fine.

I wish there were "like" buttons on here like Facebook! I love all of these!

I hate when people who are by themselves shop while they're in line. I'm cool if you want to have a buddy hold your place while you run around the store, but if no one is holding your place, don't venture too far out of line!

I wish there were "like" buttons on here like Facebook! I love all of these!

I hate when people who are by themselves shop while they're in line. I'm cool if you want to have a buddy hold your place while you run around the store, but if no one is holding your place, don't venture too far out of line!

:yup: Oh, I hate that too!

Rude people in general. My friends and I are on a mission to get what we want at each store. I don't like people who take things out of your cart, yell at other people, run into you with their cart, or cut in line. I get what I get and I sometimes even give that away. Everyone at the store has been up just as early as you and needs the same things you need. BF is no excuse to forget about your manners. If you run over my heels with your cart, at least say sorry!

Is it too vague to say "lack of common courtesy" - the things I've seen people do to save $10 on a toy/item that will be discarded by the middle of January. Somebody touched on it earlier in the thread - the philosophy has changed, crowds are more rude, almost angry, in their pursuit of their targets now.

Is it too vague to say "lack of common courtesy" - the things I've seen people do to save $10 on a toy/item that will be discarded by the middle of January. Somebody touched on it earlier in the thread - the philosophy has changed, crowds are more rude, almost angry, in their pursuit of their targets now.

And this is why I walk around with a smile on my face, lol.

Its funny people either lighten up and smile back or they give me that look, the "this girl must be off her meds" look - lol

The smokers will hate me, but smoking in line. I know you are outside and have your rights, but it's still my right to complain about it.;) I hate the smell! :yuck:

I also detest line cutting of any sort and people who are grumpy/crappy with others and specifically with the cashiers. It's BF, its going to be busy, it's going to be crowded, you are going to spend most of your time in the store waiting to be checked out....

I totally agree with you!!!! I am a smoker myself and still this is one of my pet peeves. I think it is quite rude to stand in a line and smoke a cigarette. I really get agitated when someone comes and stands in a crowd and lights up! I'm like hello step the heck off to the side, show a little common courtesy!!!!

My pet peeve is people cutting line. At our Wal-Mart (that is all we have in our small town) I usually line up around 3:30 or 4:00. Then there are some that come 5 minutes before they open and stand to the side of the line. When they open the doors they come running. That really makes me angry.:mad: I hope that this year our Wal-Mart will use the number system so that it doesn't matter if they cut line.

Parents bringing kids don't really bother me. My best friend has to bring her youngest every year because she doesn't have anyone to keep her. My husband or her parents usually keep her oldest boys (but they are 11 and 10 now) so not much taking care of needed. lol

But I have seen parents use their big huge strollers to block the isle with the baby in it, so no one can get by. Now that makes me mad.

Teenagers don't usually get on my nerves grabbing stuff either as long as they are polite and not pushing people. In fact, I can't wait until my dd3 gets old enough to go with me...lol..:D

My boys don't want to go. :no:

OH yeah, and people that are mean and impatient get on my nerves. If you can't be patient on BF, then you have no business shopping...lol

Rude people in general. My friends and I are on a mission to get what we want at each store. I don't like people who take things out of your cart, yell at other people, run into you with their cart, or cut in line. I get what I get and I sometimes even give that away. Everyone at the store has been up just as early as you and needs the same things you need. BF is no excuse to forget about your manners. If you run over my heels with your cart, at least say sorry!

People take stuff out of your cart? Are you serious?

Yep I see that happen every year.... pushing, shoving, rudeness, and taking things out of the cart.. even seen people that "stalk" shoppers that might leave the cart for a sec so they can grab what they want....

If I have something that is in short supply, my sister or I one will keep a close eye on our cart.... I've been known to pick up somethign really heavy I don't want and lay it across the cart so they can't get in it and run .... just to be sure :D

Yep!! Happened to my wife a few years back!! She caught the SOB attempting to take something out of her cart, while I was in line for the R-Zone. She gave them an earful because they were stupid enough to try it in the checkout line and wouldn't go to the back! By the time they got to the checkout they had a whole slew of ppl giving them crap til they left!