Walgreens Deal discussion October 09

clevermom2004

(gone for a coupon of months and to my surprise their is no Walgreens Deal Discussion. Did I miss something? I know that Walgreens has not had much going on, but the next couple weeks are good ones.) This is copied from dantegirl

What are RR?

RR is short for register rewards. Walgreens will offer these register rewards if you buy a certain quantity or dollar amount of specified products (you can find them listed in the weekly circular). These register rewards can be used like cash on your next purchase. However, you have to be careful with register rewards. They usually expire 2 weeks from the issue date.

Things to Remember……

At most stores, you are only able to use one register reward coupon per transaction.

Another hang up with RR, is say you make a purchase, and use your RR to pay for the item(s), and the item(s) you purchase are part of a RR deal... your new RR will not print out.

Your pretax total must be more or equal to your RR amount in order for you to redeem RR.

RR count as manufacturer coupons as far as the register is concerned, and you are only

allowed to use as many man. Q's as you have items. However, you can use a man. Q, store Q, and pay with a register reward - just make sure you have a filler item. Recently it has been noted that if you use your RR first, you don't need a filler item....YMMV.

If you don't get your RR, contact the Catalina company...

- Phone: 1-888-8coupon, option 3

- Online HERE

Edited by clevermom2004

October 18-October 24

1 RR wyb Bic Disposable Razors $3.99 monthly deal comfort3

there are $3/1 bic soleil Q's out there, and $2/1 Bic

Skintamate shave gel wgq pg14$1.99-$1.50 all you = $0.50

Zantac,$8.99 - $5 IP =$3.99 op + $8.99RR

http://www.zantacotc.com/offers/OffersController.jpf $5/1 IP

If you can't print out one like I did, Click on Contact Us on the zantacotc.com website and tell them what happend. They will mail you a $5/1 coupon fast.

Quaker Oats 42oz (big) $2.99 limit 2

Almay bogo - oct ivc $3

Starbucks Frappucino, SALE: $1.29 - $1/1 IP = $0.29

http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?tqnm=qiyjdia73771088&bt=wi&o=59135&c=ST&p=BGP4tWuI

10/25 - 10/31

Robitussin to Go $2.49 + $2.49RR

Chapstick Fresh Effects $2.99 + $2.99RR

Fiber Choice or 12 ct Beano to Go $2.49 + $2.49RR

Super Poligrip Denture Adhesive $2.00 + $2.00RR

Suave Hair Care, Antiperspirant or Rave Hairspray $2 RR wyb3

http://www.vivemejor.com/JustForYou.aspx?NavID=22&CultureCode=en-US

(these are in spanish) Save $1.00 on any TWO (2) Suave Professionals® shampoo or conditioner

Dove Shampoo and Conditioner

Retail: B1G1 at $4.99

Register Reward: Buy 8 and get $10 RR

Dove Conditioner

BOGO Sale at $4.99

4 x 4.99 = 19.96 - (8) 1.50/1 Mfrq = $7.96 op + $10RR

Wow! I'm surprised that there at not many posts on this thread. Could it be that people are have left GD and are now on other boards? GD was one of the first boards I read several times per day. I must admit, I have not been on here in a long time.

To bring some life here, this is my recent shopping trip to WaWags worked out so well for me today. They finally stocked up on Emergen-C and only had a few Robitussin 2 Go.

I spent a total of 12.91 OOP and got back 32.00 in RR's

I used the following Q's

(2) Zantac $5 IP's

1-Halls .35

3-Trident B1G1 Q's

2-Ricola B1G1 Q's

2-$1/1 Oral B

3-Thereaflu Q's @ $2, $2 & 1.50

Wags Q' for .50 off Halls, In ad Q's for $2 off Theraful & 2/$3 Ricola

-Various values of RR's

I have stopped shopping at WAGS because:

1. The RR are only valid for 2 weeks

2. When my RR are ready to expire - I have a hard time rolling them

3. I am pretty well stocked up on shampoo, toothpaste and cold/flu stuff

4. I have a hard time with RR and a manufacturer coupon unless I buy filler stuff

At one point I was up to over $200 in RR's (small compared to some). I have been using them for christmas gifts as the two weeks aren't that grand.

I've gotten Axe body wash and axe shower detailer for my son (right now they are buy 2 get one free.. I used 3 $1/1 MQ coupons and RR's), cologne, Fusion razors, etc

I've gotten my daughter webkinz, perfume sets, nail polish, etc.

Really took a bite out of stock stuffer costs

I had my fun at Walgreen's today. I got some Zantac, Theraflu, and Triaminic (threw in some Dentek and Halls, too) used coupons galore, paid change, and left with more RR than I went in with.

There are a couple month-long RR deals you may be interested in, good though 10/31:

Dentek Floss $2, get $2 RR

Vaseline Sheer Infusion Lotion $6.99, get $7RR

Use $1 insert q's from last week or $1.50 IPs, if you haven't already.

Halls Refresh $1, get $1RR. There are q's out there for this, including a .50 tearpad at many Walgreen's stores.

Trident $2/2 (at least that was the price this week), buy 2 get a $1RR. There are coupons for .75/1, $1/2 and BOGO.

Happy Shopping!

I have stopped shopping at WAGS because:

1. The RR are only valid for 2 weeks

2. When my RR are ready to expire - I have a hard time rolling them

3. I am pretty well stocked up on shampoo, toothpaste and cold/flu stuff

4. I have a hard time with RR and a manufacturer coupon unless I buy filler stuff

I'm with you...

fyi - my WAGS told me they are substituting 4oz Robitussen for the 2 count that is part of the RR this week.

They override the price to 2.49 - use the $1 coupon that was in the paper a few weeks ago (which is not good for the 2 count Robitussen to go btw) and you get 2.50 in RR as long as the cashier keys in the correct code.

of course ymmv .. but worked for me!