Odd gift requests

pogiporkchop

2 years ago DD asked her great grandpa for a picture of her when she is older.

LOL! That's fabulous. My DD4 keeps asking when Daddy is going to get little. He has also asked for a picture. He thinks that as he gets older everyone older than him gets younger so that when he is an adult all the adults he knows will be kids. Too bad it doesn't work that way!

I've got a niece who asked for a can of olives (black olives, I think) years ago because when they were added to relish trays, she couldn't eat them fast enough to get all she wanted...

ever since then (and she is an adult capable of buying her own now!), she always gets a can of olives from at least one person in the family.

Ok I remembered a toy called "shell shock" my brothers kids have it , here it is! Cheap too! they called it their "shocker gun"

http://www.amazon.com/Lanard-Shell-Shock-Ammo-Clip/dp/B001UE875K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1255430380&sr=1-1

So, he came home from school today and I showed him the link and asked him if it was it, and he put a cheesy smile on his face and then wiped it off right away and said, "whats it matter mom, you won't let us have any toy guns so why you keep bugging me about it?" :eek: Yeah, I won't let them have ANY toy guns AT ALL (not even nerf guns), so thats the reason he wouldn't ever tell me! He figured Santa would bring it to him and I wouldn't find out until after he opened it Christmas morning! Oh well, least I can let it go now... Thanks MingMingDucklin!

So, he came home from school today and I showed him the link and asked him if it was it, and he put a cheesy smile on his face and then wiped it off right away and said, "whats it matter mom, you won't let us have any toy guns so why you keep bugging me about it?" :eek: Yeah, I won't let them have ANY toy guns AT ALL (not even nerf guns), so thats the reason he wouldn't ever tell me! He figured Santa would bring it to him and I wouldn't find out until after he opened it Christmas morning! Oh well, least I can let it go now... Thanks MingMingDucklin!

LOL glad I could help put the mystery to rest! Oooo like I said when mommy and daddy say no , try and con Santa into doing it LOL :blush:

Just wondering buy why dont you allow your children to have toy guns. I mean im only 19 right now, but i can remember they were some of the best toys i ever got to play with haha. Just a thought i suppose. I guess this will be weird since i was the person asking for it, but i remember asking for a Panda when i was younger. You have got to love what some nightline about pandas will do to a little kid ^_^.

Just wondering buy why dont you allow your children to have toy guns. I mean im only 19 right now, but i can remember they were some of the best toys i ever got to play with haha. Just a thought i suppose. I guess this will be weird since i was the person asking for it, but i remember asking for a Panda when i was younger. You have got to love what some nightline about pandas will do to a little kid ^_^.

I know I can answer this for my household, it is because we want to teach gun saftey, we have guns for hunting and our son has a bb gun, but guns are not toys, therefore no toy guns. All guns are kept locked and even bb gun time is adult supervised and they must go through at least an instuction and gun saftey talk with the local police dept...........I know personally it really erks me when people give my son toy guns as a gift without asking........anyhow sorry to get off track

I know I can answer this for my household, it is because we want to teach gun saftey, we have guns for hunting and our son has a bb gun, but guns are not toys, therefore no toy guns. All guns are kept locked and even bb gun time is adult supervised and they must go through at least an instuction and gun saftey talk with the local police dept...........I know personally it really erks me when people give my son toy guns as a gift without asking........anyhow sorry to get off track

I see where you are coming from! (i know this is off topic! sorry!) I am a female and I played with guns playing up and LOVED it! I have 2 friends who will not let their child play with guns (but one lets them play with "swords") I see where the point is coming from but I grew up with them, and my son is now and I see no problem with it but then again it depends on you as a parent and it's your choice but i loved it and my son loves it!

I don't like guns period. My Daughters uncle was killed by a gun by her own father because they were all drinking and recklessly playing with a gun. I won't allow one in the house and if my children want a gun when they are older so be it, but never one in my house whether a toy or not. Even though they are toys, I don't want my children to incorporate the word "toy" with the word "gun" at all.

A few years back my friends kids were showing off their Christmas Wish Lists to everyone at a Christmas party. She has two boys that were about 4 and 6 at the time. The oldest one had underwear with some sort of specific character preference on it. And the youngest had FRIED CHICKEN on his list. Cracked me up!!

I don't like guns period. My Daughters uncle was killed by a gun by her own father because they were all drinking and recklessly playing with a gun. I won't allow one in the house and if my children want a gun when they are older so be it, but never one in my house whether a toy or not. Even though they are toys, I don't want my children to incorporate the word "toy" with the word "gun" at all.

Well that's defiantly understandable. I don't particularly like toy "guns" or "swords", but I'm a push-over! We've had so much fun as a family with the Nerf guns and DS has more swords than I can count! ;)

One year when DS was little he asked for a toy kangaroo! I had the worst time trying to find it! I finally found a kangaroo Rescue Hero. He wasn't as thrilled with it as I thought he was going to be! ;)

I can see your point, i was just wondering. I mean i had them from the time i was quite small, but i agree with gun safety being a priority in a household. Oh, and i dont know if it would be something you would be interested in, but most states offer a weekend long course on gun safety and hunting regulations. This was truly helpful in helping to teach fun safety to alot of people in my area. Just a thought if you were worried about gun safety, but thank you for answering.

I can see your point, i was just wondering. I mean i had them from the time i was quite small, but i agree with gun safety being a priority in a household. Oh, and i dont know if it would be something you would be interested in, but most states offer a weekend long course on gun safety and hunting regulations. This was truly helpful in helping to teach fun safety to alot of people in my area. Just a thought if you were worried about gun safety, but thank you for answering.

yes I know about the hunter saftey class, it is something my son has to complete for scouts and to get his orange card to go hunting, we live in a rual area where guns are a way of life.........

Glad you can finally let that one rest (as well as the rest of us who it was driving nuts LOL);)

yes I know about the hunter saftey class, it is something my son has to complete for scouts and to get his orange card to go hunting, we live in a rual area where guns are a way of life.........

Ya, i live in a very rural area as well, and guns are something i grew up around. I guess thats why i couldnt understand the idea of not allowing your kids to have toy guns. Looks like it has alot to do with the area and atmosphere your raised in.

Lets see, once my DD asked for Ronald McDonald (the real thing) lol the next year she begged Santa for one of the Coke Polar Bears (also the real thing)

My other DD asked for Jalepeno(sp) peppers from Popeyes Chicken :cheesy:

My nephew (3) is now asking me can I please tell Santa he NEEDS a sombrao (wtf) or he will simply die. His words not mine. Simply die. lol

Lets see, once my DD asked for Ronald McDonald (the real thing) lol the next year she begged Santa for one of the Coke Polar Bears (also the real thing)

My other DD asked for Jalepeno(sp) peppers from Popeyes Chicken :cheesy:

My nephew (3) is now asking me can I please tell Santa he NEEDS a sombrao (wtf) or he will simply die. His words not mine. Simply die. lol

Maybe a sombrero?

When ds was 2 he told Santa the "onliest" thing he wanted for Christmas was a pair of yellow "benders". We racked our brains trying to figure out what in the world he was talking about. I would point out toys in the store and he would tell me they were nice, but he wasn't going to ask for toys because then Santa might not bring him his "benders". I thought Christmas was going to be ruined because my son wouldn't get the one gift he wanted.

A couple of days before Christmas we were at the playground at the local mall. There is a small restaurant next to the playground and a group of old men that always sit at the same table every morning. We would always stop and say hi on our way out. My son walked up to one of the men that he really liked and said in a loud whisper, "After Christmas I'm gonna have a pair of benders just like you, but I asked Santa to make mine yellow, 'cause that's my favorite color."

It only took me a minute to put it together - the guy he was talking to always wore red suspenders! I was relieved and worried at the same time; do you know how hard it was for me to find a little pair of yellow suspenders??? But with the help of about a dozen friends and family members we found a pair.

Oh, the things we do to bring smiles to our childrens faces!

BTW - After he got his gift he refused to leave the house unless he had them on for about the next six months :-)

When ds was 2 he told Santa the "onliest" thing he wanted for Christmas was a pair of yellow "benders". We racked our brains trying to figure out what in the world he was talking about. I would point out toys in the store and he would tell me they were nice, but he wasn't going to ask for toys because then Santa might not bring him his "benders". I thought Christmas was going to be ruined because my son wouldn't get the one gift he wanted.

A couple of days before Christmas we were at the playground at the local mall. There is a small restaurant next to the playground and a group of old men that always sit at the same table every morning. We would always stop and say hi on our way out. My son walked up to one of the men that he really liked and said in a loud whisper, "After Christmas I'm gonna have a pair of benders just like you, but I asked Santa to make mine yellow, 'cause that's my favorite color."

It only took me a minute to put it together - the guy he was talking to always wore red suspenders! I was relieved and worried at the same time; do you know how hard it was for me to find a little pair of yellow suspenders??? But with the help of about a dozen friends and family members we found a pair.

Oh, the things we do to bring smiles to our childrens faces!

BTW - After he got his gift he refused to leave the house unless he had them on for about the next six months :-)

This made me LOL! I love this thread.

One year my DS wanted a rubber chicken for Christmas! Now I try to get him a rubber chicken or some chicken item each year. He cracks me up. He looks forward to his chicken gift each holiday. The funniest thing was when his class asked him if he collected anything during his "Special Person of the Week" and he told them all rubber chickens. His teacher had to email me because she never laughed so hard.