Odd gift requests

pogiporkchop

Two years ago, my son asked "santa" for a shell shocker. We had no clue what the heck a shell shocker was. We told my husbands mom about it, and she thought she knew what it was so she went out and bought a $100 robotic toy called a shell shocker. He opened it up and was happy with it, but it wasn't what he wanted. He would never tell us and ever since then hasn't believed in Santa because santa didn't deliver his shell shocker. We still have no clue what in the heck it is. It's one of those things I can't get off my mind because I have to know, and he won't tell .

My DD6 wants another pink balloon from the dentist's office (she liked the logo) since she popped hers in July. We started talking about Christmas lists this past week and she put that at the top of her list. I have been wondering if the dentist would be willing...

My 8 year old daughter asked for a coffee machine (coffee maker), that's all she wanted. My husband and I do not drink coffee, however she spends alot of time with my mom, and apparently, they sit around and drink coffee all day long. Needless to say, she got her "coffee machine" and was thrilled. She asks me to make her a cup a couple times a week. Cracks me up.

Two years ago, my son asked "santa" for a shell shocker. We had no clue what the heck a shell shocker was. We told my husbands mom about it, and she thought she knew what it was so she went out and bought a $100 robotic toy called a shell shocker. He opened it up and was happy with it, but it wasn't what he wanted. He would never tell us and ever since then hasn't believed in Santa because santa didn't deliver his shell shocker. We still have no clue what in the heck it is. It's one of those things I can't get off my mind because I have to know, and he won't tell .

i just typed in 2007 shell shocker wikipedia came up wit ha list of goosebumps books

10. A Vampire in the Neighborhood

[edit] More Tales to Give You Goosebumps

The Werewolf's First Night

P.S. Don't Write Back

Something Fishy

You Got to Believe Me!

Suckers!

Dr. Horrors' House of Video

The Cat's Tale

Shell Shocker

Poison Ivy

The Spirit of the Harvest Moon

http://www.giftbee.com/gifts/shell-shocker/1113 toy

evidentally this came out in 2005

Edited by dealluvr
add

Umm, yeah. You have GOT to get your ds to tell us what it is because now it is driving me nuts!!

The only thing I have been able to find is the same as dealluvr above. Is that they toy he got that wasn't right?

HAHA - I love the pickle request... my husband's stepmom said her older grandboys loved pickles so one year she bought them the biggest jar of pickles she could find and wrapped it up and stuck it under the tree - they loved it so much she started doing it every year! LOL!

I just asked him if it was anything to do with books. He said no, and walked away. I stopped him and told him to tell me what it is that he wanted, and his face just turned red and he turned and walked away. He won't tell me! One of these days I'll figure it out.

My DD (5) last year asked for a TV sivisor....... A WHAT you ask? Yea that's what we said too, she kept asking for it and asking for it, said it was something that put you inside the tv and tv shows, we had no idea what the heck she was talking about and of course it was something she asked Santa for. So, Santa brought her a small kids video camera, and a note saying he couldn't get a TVsivisor because it was just to complicated to have the elves make, so he hoped that the video camera would be a good replacement. Once she used it and saw herself on tv she freaked out and hasn't used it since lol.

I just asked him if it was anything to do with books. He said no, and walked away. I stopped him and told him to tell me what it is that he wanted, and his face just turned red and he turned and walked away. He won't tell me! One of these days I'll figure it out.

seems like it maybe was something that he is now embarassed of, I remember the year that the shell shocker rc toys where out and they where pricey so that is probally what grandma got, that is what I would have done to fill the request

I first thought of Ninja Turtles when I heard shell shocker. Though I do find this thread funny! :)

The only funny thing I can add last year is an ex gf's child wanted Miley Cyrus for X-mas. We found a life-size cardboard cutout of her stuck it in a refrigerator box and wrapped it.

OK i just had to do a little more searching & b/c what I found didn't look like a robot to me, but hey I'm 58 I think a robot should have a head, arms & lights so what do I know, I found a toy called a shell shocker that was called by the Toy Industry Assoc "best toy for boys for 2006 went to the Tyco R/C Shell Shocker from Mattel. And it is one of the ugliest RC toys I've seen. But the Shell Shockers performance is amazing." Here's the description that I found "With a rhino-type "skin" and a scorpion-like tail that whips around, the Shell Shocker is one beast of a radio control vehicle. It transforms from a cyberball to a cyberbeast in seconds! Mud, grass, pavement can't stop the Shell Shocker, the incredibly adaptability will fascinate kids!"

I don't know if I can post a link to another site to show you a pic of it but it truly is ugly.

http://www.amazon.com/Tyco-Radio-Controlled-Shell-Shocker-2d/dp/B000BY5ZBY I hope this site goes thru so that you all can see this thing & cashandra you will know if it's what your son got. If the link doesn't come thru on the post PM me & I'll send it to you.

Even tho I'm old I can remember when my kids were little & they had their hearts set on one main thing & they got their hearts broken. Especially since you thought you had done the right thing & not knowing would drive me nuts. So maybe there's a tiny chance the mystery has been solved.............

OK i just had to do a little more searching & b/c what I found didn't look like a robot to me, but hey I'm 58 I think a robot should have a head, arms & lights so what do I know, I found a toy called a shell shocker that was called by the Toy Industry Assoc "best toy for boys for 2006 went to the Tyco R/C Shell Shocker from Mattel. And it is one of the ugliest RC toys I've seen. But the Shell Shockers performance is amazing." Here's the description that I found "With a rhino-type "skin" and a scorpion-like tail that whips around, the Shell Shocker is one beast of a radio control vehicle. It transforms from a cyberball to a cyberbeast in seconds! Mud, grass, pavement can't stop the Shell Shocker, the incredibly adaptability will fascinate kids!"

I don't know if I can post a link to another site to show you a pic of it but it truly is ugly.

http://www.amazon.com/Tyco-Radio-Controlled-Shell-Shocker-2d/dp/B000BY5ZBY I hope this site goes thru so that you all can see this thing & cashandra you will know if it's what your son got. If the link doesn't come thru on the post PM me & I'll send it to you.

Even tho I'm old I can remember when my kids were little & they had their hearts set on one main thing & they got their hearts broken. Especially since you thought you had done the right thing & not knowing would drive me nuts. So maybe there's a tiny chance the mystery has been solved.............

That is the exact toy that my MIL got my son for Christmas that he was happy with, but wasn't THE "shell shocker" he wanted. And now that I think about it, it was Christmas of 2006 because my middle child was just a baby at the time. But yeah, thats the gift he received and it is UGLY! LOL I called it a robotic toy because it has a remote controller to go with it.

HMMM then i'll look some more b/c since I know that isn't it, definitely not what I call a robot, but like I said I'm old, I'll look back a year earlier.

Sounds like it's bothering you guys just as much as it was me for awhile! LOL I eventually calmed down with it, but it still lingers in the back of my head and I think about it once every so often!

Ok, I know my kids must be older now cuz the only thing I think of when I hear shell shocker is the daily deal on Newegg....

I think it was 2 years ago my son(then 11) wanted an "Abraham Lincoln hat".

I have no idea WHY...he didn't get it. He would have worn it and he's wierd enough as it is.(lol)

My 15y.o. DD wants a snuggie this year too. She's always cold and I can see her hobbling around in that thing.(lol)

I think it was 2 years ago my son(then 11) wanted an "Abraham Lincoln hat".

I have no idea WHY...he didn't get it. He would have worn it and he's wierd enough as it is.(lol)

My 15y.o. DD wants a snuggie this year too. She's always cold and I can see her hobbling around in that thing.(lol)

My daughter , the ONLY thing she asked santa for last year was a snuggie! She was 4 at the time, I just did not understand why?!? LOL

Sounds like it's bothering you guys just as much as it was me for awhile! LOL I eventually calmed down with it, but it still lingers in the back of my head and I think about it once every so often!

Ok I remembered a toy called "shell shock" my brothers kids have it , here it is! Cheap too! they called it their "shocker gun"

http://www.amazon.com/Lanard-Shell-Shock-Ammo-Clip/dp/B001UE875K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1255430380&sr=1-1