Online half-off gift certificate deals

One day, two years ago, I recall seeing a billboard along the road advertising a certain website in which one could buy a $50 gift certificate to a variety of area businesses for $25. When I visited the page, which allowed for you to input a zip code and every business participating in the promotion within a set number of miles was revealed, a local, prominent restaurant was featured. I, however, have now totally forgotten the web address. I am hopeful that, perhaps, someone knows of a similar site and would share its link in this thread. The one such site I still remember - www.chartermainstreet.com/ - is not it.

Thank you.

They have this deal going on right now at restaurant.com

$25 Restaurant.com Gift Certificates for $2.00! Take 80% off on every $25 Gift Cert.

order. Use code CHEF and Pay $2 thru 9/30/09 at Restaurant.com. Chow down at

your favorite Restaurant and save 80% off already discounted gift certificate! $25 GC

for only $2 BEST Way to save up to 90% on your next trip to your favorite Restaurant!

We have saved from $5 to $18 dollars at our favorite restaurants that we already go to!!

Take 80% off on every $25 Gift Cert. purchase Code: CHEF and Pay $2 thru 9/30/09

http://www.restaurant.com

I didn't read that very well. Looks like that sale ended 9/30 .. SORRY! They have $25 gc for $10 right now. They do have sales often tho. so just keep checking back.

Edited by my2aboys

Yes, restaurant.com always has lots of sales for $2-$4 for $25. My problem is that it usually has a minimum purchase of at least $35 and they automatically add on 18%-20% gratuity for the whole bill before the discount. Which normally wouldn't be an issue, but every time I've use it it's like the waiter/waitress knows they are getting that tip no matter what, so they don't care at all. It's just annoying.