KMart has Online Layaway

angelbabymommy

I went on kmart.com & on the homepage, theres an advertisement for online layaway. Layaway is still 8 weeks & you have to make a payment every 2 weeks, but you can do it online with items that have a layaway icon on them & schedule the pick up. When "checking" out, you have to choose layaway as payment. I was gonna try this as it sounds very convienent, but I could hardly find things with the layaway icon. What does everyone else think?

I just went and checked it out, and your right. I can't find anything with a layaway icon either. So much for that one... I had planned on putting some stuff on layaway at Kmart this weekend, and my kmart is about 1/2 hour away. I live in a small town and so if we want to do any shopping, we have to drive over to the next town anyway to do it. Thought maybe this would save me a trip, but looking like I'm gonna have to drive over because what my kids want isn't part of their layaway deal.

It seems like a good idea, but if there's nothing to pick from, then whats the use? I guess I will go to the store & do it next weekend. I wonder if anyone will have success with this? I was also wandering if this is what Walmart will do. I seen in the Walmart thread that there was a mention of online layaway.

k mart is trying to be the good guy in these rough times first the 20% off food and health care items with proof of unemployment now this. unemployment used to give you a credit card type card to use as proof of unemployment they dont give that out now that is what you need along with drivers lisence to get 20% off people around here cant get the 20% off without that so what good is it

Since the online layaway program just started October 9th they probably just have not added items yet. Sears also has online layaway and they have items that already available for layaway. According to the website in order for an item to be placed on layaway it must be in stock at the store you choose. Sears even had the playstation 3 console available for online layaway but the closest store to me is out of stock so I couldn't put it on layaway.

it'd be great once the ad leaks if we could all just put the products on layaway & just go in at our leisure on BF and pick them up. kind of like that vip best buy program?

but i guess that would be too much to hope for...

• 3 weeks later...

it'd be great once the ad leaks if we could all just put the products on layaway & just go in at our leisure on BF and pick them up. kind of like that vip best buy program?

but i guess that would be too much to hope for...

Yeah, don't count on it. Per the FAQ's on the layaway:

Except where prohibited by law, there will be no price adjustments after 7 days from the date you start your layaway. Multiple price adjustments on the same items are not permitted. Price adjustments are not allowed on seasonal or clearance merchandise.