Toys R Us Opening at Midnight - Rumor - See Post #18

juanadeal

I was in the store the other day and one of the cashiers said to anothe "You know we open at midnight on Thanksgiving right? We're closing on Thanksgiving and then opening at 12 that night."

Just hear say but it might help you formulate a game plan.

Edited by bigjimslade
updating title

Ooh, I would so be there! My biggest complaint against TRU is that it takes SO long and I have other places that I want to be... if I had 5 hours to get into TRU, outta TRU, and to another store, that would be great!

Agree~it takes forever! Our TRU is on the small side. It's older than me :eyepoppin There are only 8 registers, plus two in video games. The lot only holds about 50 cars. We usually park at the truck stop across the street.

I will check with my student cashier regarding the opening time...last year was 3 a.m.

I will check with my student cashier regarding the opening time...last year was 3 a.m.

our tru last yr opened at 5 am? I thought they were all the same? lol i am gonna hate it if they open at 12 b/c thats my thanksgiving night AND b/c I am usally in line first and get what i want BUT this year if they open at midnight that means more people shopping there!!! and the more people the more competion!! errr lol either way ill deal! lol

That would work for me. I usually do TRU @ 5 and then head to Target for the 6am opening. But now that Target is opening @5 as well, I figured I would have had to make a decision between the 2. I refuse to go to TRU unless I can be one of the first in the store b/c the line is always so darn long...this would work great for me and wouldn't be a problem; I did the midnight opening @ K-B toys last year.

our tru last yr opened at 5 am? I thought they were all the same? lol i am gonna hate it if they open at 12 b/c thats my thanksgiving night AND b/c I am usally in line first and get what i want BUT this year if they open at midnight that means more people shopping there!!! and the more people the more competion!! errr lol either way ill deal! lol

Yes, they opened at 3 a.m. We got there around 5 thinking we'd hang out til the hardcore BFers got in and avoid the craziness. We found it already opened. :eek: I asked an employee who said they opened at 3. Not sure if it was planned or not.

My student cashier said there has been "gossip" (her word) about a midnight opening, but right now, nothing set in stone. One of the issues is most of those cashier are under 18, and can't work after 10 p.m. (CT law at least), so when can they technically start the day :confused:? She'll let me know when she hears anything.

I would very strongly consider this. I don't really need anything there, but seeing as I have 2 nephews and will have 2 nieces to shop for, once I see an ad, I'll make a decision. Parking won't be a problem this year as Circuit City was next door and nobody has moved into that building yet.

I was just in to TRU to get my schedule and they are opening at midnight on BF and are also opening Thanksgiving day 12-6.

Woohoo! Thanks for the insider tip Rose! I've never done BF at TRU before either but if they have something I want, I'll definitely consider swinging by before I head to Target and Sears.

Yup you read it right, I spoke to a worker today @ the store and she told me that they are opening on THANKSGIVING DAY & at MIDNIGHT on BlackFriday!!!

Just thought that I would share!!

Please search the threads before creating a new thread. This could have been posted under the rumor thread and the rumor title removed.

Thanks for your hard detective work in finding out and sharing with the community!

A TRU manager's response to them open on Thanksgiving Day

"I am a manager with Toys R Us and have been with the company for 10 years. Today on our weekly national

conference call it was announced that we will be open on Thanksgiving Day. This may not come as a shock

to the average consumer, but to a retail worker who only typically has three guaranteed days off a year (Easter, Thanksgiving, and Xmas) this was disturbing. It was presented to the stores as capitalizing on a competitive advantage. This information is supposed to be highly confidential but I just feel like calling bull**** on these arrogant corporate assholes who will be enjoying Thanksgiving with their families whilst the true workers will be working and preparing for the busiest shopping day of the year. Also, we will be opening at midnight Thanksgiving Day to enjoy another competitive advantage.

Signed,

Soon to be former Toys "R" Us Kid"

I can understand everyone's excitement with TRU opening on Thanksgiving but when it takes away 1 of the 3 guaranteed days off a year than I would rather them be closed. How do you feel?

I agree, they should not open (thanks K Mart for starting that). Most people who work at TRU have families with young children/grandchildren and most are women. Who is going to cook on Thanksgiving? And if you're going away for Thanksgiving, who is going to wait till you get done work and travel to eat only to eat at 7-8pm. And the hours they are opening 12-6. Why not 8a-12p so people can enjoy their families and have a good meal? Isn't that the purpose of Thanksgiving - being with family? I know I will be at home cooking during that time.