Wal Mart Customer Service

rogueleader

Now you thought this was going to be a rant didn't you? Well then you would be wrong. For all the complaints I hear about Wal Mart almost all my experiences have been positive. I ordered two of the digital photo frames from the website on BF. Box came today with only one frame in it. Called CS and the new one is already on it's way no questions asked! The CS rep was very polite, friendly and helpful. Way to go Wal Mart!

Glad to hear everything worked out for you.

I don't order from their website too often (thus I've never had a problem) but I live about 5 minutes away from a store which I frequently go to. Of all the times that I've ever returned stuff (once or twice even without the receipt) I've only had one problem. I was returning a toaster and the woman was pretty rude to me and then she started asking me why I was returning the toaster so late (it was about 3 weeks into the 90 day return period). I usually don't get rude to people in stores, but I had to give her a piece of my mind. That was actually the first time that I'd seen her, and frankly I haven't seen her working there since then. So I guess Wal-Mart gave her the boot.

I don’t mean for this to come off as a rant of my own, especially since that’s not the point of your topic. I was just trying to point out how rare it has been for me to have a bad experience when dealing with Wal-Mart.

I ordered once from Walmart.com. I ordered a $150 digital camera. What did I actually receive? I got a toddler's racing toy in a box big enough for a microwave. I was told (via email) to send it back, which would take 2-3 weeks to process, then and only then they would try to re-order the original product IF it was still available. I said forget that and returned it to the store. They did even know how to do the return as that had never happened and, alas, the camera was not available at the store. So, I have been turned off from shopping their site.

Now you thought this was going to be a rant didn't you? Well then you would be wrong. For all the complaints I hear about Wal Mart almost all my experiences have been positive. I ordered two of the digital photo frames from the website on BF. Box came today with only one frame in it. Called CS and the new one is already on it's way no questions asked! The CS rep was very polite, friendly and helpful. Way to go Wal Mart!

Yay! I'm glad you had such a good experience =D

Thanks for the nice post.... you don't see many...

I work at the CS desk as WM and it is a very tough job, most customers come in and start off with an attitude... I have had many people come after the "bad" customers and comment about "how can you hold your temper" or "you didn't do anything wrong" .. "how can you stay at this job"..

My reply... "It's customers like you that follow those people, that make it pleasant"

I really try (and knock on wood) not to have a return attitude with people..

sassareena ... not to defend what happened to you, but (at least at our store).. the amount of returns we have from walmart.com are so few, I have only had 2 of them in the 3 years that I have been with them... and seems both were done differently as their systems change.. currently, for us to return, we have to have all the paperwork (including your confirmation, shipping receipt, and sales slip-from the store when you pick it up---- in order for us to return on our own... if not, we have to get a manager up to the desk to do an override..

Thanks for the nice post.... you don't see many...

I work at the CS desk as WM and it is a very tough job, most customers come in and start off with an attitude... I have had many people come after the "bad" customers and comment about "how can you hold your temper" or "you didn't do anything wrong" .. "how can you stay at this job"..

My reply... "It's customers like you that follow those people, that make it pleasant"

I really try (and knock on wood) not to have a return attitude with people..

sassareena ... not to defend what happened to you, but (at least at our store).. the amount of returns we have from walmart.com are so few, I have only had 2 of them in the 3 years that I have been with them... and seems both were done differently as their systems change.. currently, for us to return, we have to have all the paperwork (including your confirmation, shipping receipt, and sales slip-from the store when you pick it up---- in order for us to return on our own... if not, we have to get a manager up to the desk to do an override..

It is great to have people like you working at Walmart. I too have only had great service. I specifically get things from walmart because of their return policy. I actually have had more trouble at target with returns and attitudes. I think it just matters who is behind the counter.

• 2 weeks later...

Again thanks... I hear so many people complain and complain about WalMart on message boards, but there are times that I wonder if the only reason they had a bad experience was because of how they treated the employees at their WalMart..

Even this weekend with the Christmas rush and all, we had many many people come up to the courtesy desk and comment about how nice this employee was and that one was..

Again thanks... I hear so many people complain and complain about WalMart on message boards, but there are times that I wonder if the only reason they had a bad experience was because of how they treated the employees at their WalMart..

Even this weekend with the Christmas rush and all, we had many many people come up to the courtesy desk and comment about how nice this employee was and that one was..

I agree, as a customer it's about how you treat and talk to a store employee. If you approach something with the attitude that someone is going to say no so you are defensive and rude right away it puts the employee on the defensive. There is more than one way to ask a question, you can always re-word something so that it isn't insulting or demeaning and still get your point across. And there are the ones that complain about prices or a stores policy to the cashier, like it's her fault & like she can do anything about it. I don't mean general complaining, I'm talking about the ones that "threaten" to never come back or ask questions that would be better directed to a store manager.

I will say though that I have had 2 not so great experiences this week in stores (not Walmart) where I had to add for the (1) cashier & (2) customer service person, and I do mean simple math, and neither of them got it. I'm sure the cs person at the grocery store thought I was lying and just gave me the $4 that I was overcharged to get me out of there. And the cashier at a clothing store rang up stuff incorrectly 3 times ($10 too much) before another cashier told her she was doing it wrong.

Well, our local Walmart is just rude, period. I can go to any other Walmart and the people who work at them are friendly and courteous, but our local Walmart, you'd be hard pressed to find a friendly person in the place, especially at the Service desk. They will argue with you about anything. I recently had to return a gift one of my kids received from an out of town relative, didn't have the receipt and they couldn't find it. My Walmart argued up and down with me that I had to have it so I took it to a different Walmart and the woman jusr smiled and said I know how that goes but I'll have to put it on a gift card. I said no problem and was done in less than 2 minutes:)

not to defend your local store, but if it is product that your "local" store DOES NOT carry, without a receipt they cannot return it... we get that a lot ... people buy from a WalMart that is about 10 miles away from us and if it something that "our" store DOES NOT carry, then we cannot accept it as it's not a valid item in our inventory... but with a receipt we could have,... I've returned an item that was bought in CA (we're in SW OH).. but the people had a receipt... so our system would allow it..

if the store is "always" that way, above the customer service desk they are supposed to have the phone number for the "district manager"... call them and advise what is going on and if that doesn't work, call 1-800-WALMART..... off your receipt, you can get your store number.. it should be the beginning of the line under the store phone number... on the receipt you will see "ST # "... that's your store number