delivery of washer and dryers?

Lorinjer

• 2 weeks later...
Well needless to say mine is not being delivered as promised and my washer went out!! So Lowes gave me a front loader to use until mine come in. WAY COOL!! Anyway the way mine is set up the doors will open so that they are together not apart. The delivery guy told me that we could jsut switch where the washer and dryer sit in my laundry room because the cords are long enough to do that. Then my door will be opening away from each other and not be in the way when I'm tranfering clothes. I hope that makes since. So instead of the dryer on the left it will be on the right.

Just a question to those of you that have them. Are you able to change the way the doors open? We're waiting for ours still because the warehouse was out of stock.

Our dryer is currently on the left and the washer on the right. I hope this makes sense.

I can only speak for ours, LG Tromm frontloaders.

The gas dryer looks like the door could be reversed, but the washer definitely can not (hinges on the left).

Our laundry room was designed for the washer to be on the right, but I used longer hoses to allow washer to be on the left so the doors opened away from each other.

Just remember to always leave the washer open when not in use, to allow it to dry out completely.

Well needless to say mine is not being delivered as promised and my washer went out!! So Lowes gave me a front loader to use until mine come in. WAY COOL!! Anyway the way mine is set up the doors will open so that they are together not apart. The delivery guy told me that we could jsut switch where the washer and dryer sit in my laundry room because the cords are long enough to do that. Then my door will be opening away from each other and not be in the way when I'm tranfering clothes. I hope that makes since. So instead of the dryer on the left it will be on the right.

I can only speak for ours, LG Tromm frontloaders.

The gas dryer looks like the door could be reversed, but the washer definitely can not (hinges on the left).

Our laundry room was designed for the washer to be on the right, but I used longer hoses to allow washer to be on the left so the doors opened away from each other.

Just remember to always leave the washer open when not in use, to allow it to dry out completely.

Thanks so much for answering! Really our laundry room isn't set up for frontloaders, so I hope it will work out.

Well I just called today (Lowes) and was told it was now going to be late Jan. BEFORE I get my set!!!! Also the loaner front loader they gave me is shaking up a storm so they are sending someone out to check it out. Geez, this is all so crazy!! I'm third on the list at my store.

I cancelled my order with Sears due to delivery in February. I will purchase shortly, but could not see paying for something for 3 months and not having it, sort of defeated the pricing.

Talking with Sears and Best Buy these were promo produced, so going to go with a model that is produced for more then the Christmas season. See issues down the road, which is why there are no reviews

BTW, last night, I decided to email Lowe's about their price-match policy. We did get the price match but their policy is match + 10%. We were so excited to get the PM that it never occured to me to ask for the 10%.

I got a phone call today from the store saying they would issue us a credit my acct for the 10%.

A couple hours later, I got a call from Lowes corporate asking if the store had contacted me about my email and if I was satisfied.

That is customer service!

A great deal just got even better.

BTW, last night, I decided to email Lowe's about their price-match policy. We did get the price match but their policy is match + 10%. We were so excited to get the PM that it never occured to me to ask for the 10%.

I got a phone call today from the store saying they would issue us a credit my acct for the 10%.

A couple hours later, I got a call from Lowes corporate asking if the store had contacted me about my email and if I was satisfied.

That is customer service!

A great deal just got even better.

:) That's great! I wasn't thinking and didn't go to Lowes- I went to Sears during the Friends and Family sale and bought the pair thenb. Ours are scheduled for delivery on Jan 13th. I am really excited about getting these machines. Our washing machine is on its last legs.

I purchased the Samsung set from sears and its been a nightmare. I never received a follow up call and after 3 visits back to the store I was told that I could choose a different set but would not have that one delivered to me till around feb. Thats just stupid. I have no choice but to wait for the samsung set. I emailed customer relations today and am waiting for a response.