LINENS and THINGS...CLOSING (Update: now all stores closing)

Has anyone found any good deals there yet? I'm wondering if it's worth the gas to go find out.

When LNT went out of business by us, my sister bought a Margaritaville Machine for $79.00 (my husband paid $159 after the coupon for mine). I bought a big outdoor rug for $30.00. my sister bought a really nice soft blanket for $20.00 (reg 100). And I bought a couple of baskets and some hooks for my hall closet for jackets. I also bought some faux wood blinds for my garage for like $7.00 each. So they have some good deals, at least we found stuff we wanted. We waited until the end of the sale, because we didn't really NEED anything. We went because if we found a great deal, then we'd get it. But if we didn't find a great deal, then we'd just wait.

Wow, I wonder if BB&B will be next.

I think BB&B will be fine. Bridal registries alone should keep them afloat. Their 20% off coupons make things affordable and they allow u to use up to 5. They are higher priced then say Target but they have a larger selection, ie. bedding etc. I think their quality is a bit higher as well.

I cleaned house at the Linen & Things somewhere near me. I went there when it was 40% off and got nice towels for $4.99 a piece. At 80% off I got a nice shower curtain for under $6.

at 95% off I got a drink dispenser for alcohol for $1.25. I also got a filing cabinet from the back for $5

I also returned on the final day and asked if they any CPU equipment in the back room. I was told make us an offer and got a mouse, keyboard and Monitor for a total of $20.

Today, October 16, 2008, Linens ’n Things announced that the company is entering into liquidation. This announcement pertains to both the US and Canadian stores, as well as LNT.com and will commence liquidation on Friday, October 17, 2008.

In

Our stores will remain open for a short period of time to liquidate inventory. Both the 10% off announcement cards and 20% off completion discount will no longer be valid effective Friday, October 17, 2008.

My store wasn't on the original list but now they are all closing. I went today and there were NO deals at all. Nothing marked down but they had signs everywhere stating that they would not honor coupons, competitor coupons, and no checks. They only accept cash, Visa, Mastercard and American Express.

Starting 10/17

No coupons, checks, lnt credit card

Gift certificates still currently accepted

10% Sheets, towels, bed pillows/mattress pads, blankets, kitchen linens, cookware, kitchen electrics, food, down comforters, cleaning, storage, seasonal, gifts/games, tabletop, furniture, candles, lighting, kitchen org, personal care, functional bath, cooking accessories, vacuums/irons, flatware/glassware, personal electrics

20% Coverlets/quilts/bedskirts, frames, toss pillows/throws, fashion bedding, rugs, table linens, bath rugs, decorative bath, wall decor, decorative accessorives, electronics

30% window treatments/hardware, duvet covers, Nate berkus

I really love that Canterbury bed-in-a-bag set I saw on the website. I need to switch my bedroom decor up and need a new comforter. It's 30 pieces and it has everything! It's still $220 for the King though. They lower that to $150 and I'd probably jump on that. Hopefully I can get one before they sell out!

I just went to my local lnt and was so disappointed. I know its early and better deals are around the corner but right now its better for me to go to BBandB and use my 20% off coupon for what I need. I'll just hold out hope that when the next markdown happens its more appealing.

I went to LNT this weekend and it wasn't great. My store wasn't on the original list to close, but after the auction two weeks ago, I think they're all closing. The store was so picked over! I couldn't believe how empty it was after only 2 weeks! I was looking for some bathroom stuff and they didn't have anything. I ended up getting a few random things - some cleaning products, a few cooking accessories and a creme brulee kit, but overall it wasn't worth the trip.

• 3 weeks later...
drove past today . was gonna stop i need a scale. anyway sign said 20-40% off.. i could not bring my self in to there store cause i had just spent 472.00 in sams .. uhhgg no i have not been shopping in over a month for bulk items. grrrr want to kick myself.

• 2 weeks later...
Was watching GMA the other morning (monday?) and they did a feature on the liquidations going on at both LNT and Circuit City. The prices have been raised significantly. Not by either of the original stores, but by the liquidation company. The girl at CC was actually telling the undercover camera reporter to go to a "non-closing" store if they wanted to get a good deal. LNT is the same way, the reporter was pulling back the labels to find the original (and much lower prices) underneath, and again, the employees were telling them that there were no "good deals" anymore. Just a heads up for all of us "but it was on sale" buyers!!

• 2 weeks later...