Dell Vostro 1000 15.4" Laptop with 1GB RAM for $399 [SOLD OUT]

Brad

available now (i deleted some irrelevant info)

$450 final prices after tax

(i upgraded the battery so yours may be cheaper)

Vostro 1000

Mobile AMD Sempron Processor 3600+

Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition Unit Price

LCD Panel 15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA LCD Anti-Glare Display

Memory 1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHZ, 2 Dimm

Video Card ATI Radeon® Xpress 1150 256MB HyperMemory™ (integrated)

Hard Drive 120GB 5400RPM Hard Drive

Optical Drive 8X DVD+/-RW with double-layer DVD+R write capability, Cyberlink Power DVD

Sound Card Integrated Audio

Wireless Cards Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g Wi-Fi Mini Card

Primary Battery 53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Hey Brad,

Aren't you going to question the person that fired that e-mail to you so we can get the correct configuration for the price? Obviously if they stated they were gonna run that special, they should make it right.

Yes I have e-mailed them to see what's going on. This is very rare for Dell. These kinds of deals usually are automatically set up to release.

The thing is the coupon works, just the link to the special configuration isn't set up yet.

OK, apparently this is not the exact same configuration as earlier this week.

So, follow these directions:

1. Go here: http://www.gottadeal.com/Deal/21687

2. Choose any upgrades you want (or leave as is for $399 price)

3. Add to cart

4. In shopping cart, enter coupon code RH23N?MWL3KF1C

Price will be $399 plus any upgrades you choose

This one comes with the Sempron processor which apparently is what it is supposed to, so that's not an error like I first thought. If you want a little faster processor, add the Athlon X2 for $50 more - it's your call :)

Sorry for the confusion, but the deal is still there so if you want a $399 laptop, you still can get one

Thanks a lot for all the info...now, are there any "computer-knowledgeable" people out there who can explain whether or not it's worth paying the extra $$ for the upgraded processor

thanks

If you are going to just be using this for basic tasks - surfing the web, e-mail, office-type stuff, then you can keep the Sempron. If you are going to be doing anything more advanced with it, then you might want to pay the extra $50, but for most things you won't notice much of a difference.

Can this computer be upgraded to 2gb later (they want $150, which seems high?). thank you

Yes it can. It comes with 2 512MB sticks of RAM (to get the 1GB total), so you could easily upgrade those to 2 1GB sticks to double it, and it would cost you less than half of what Dell is charging (and it's not hard at all to do it yoruself).

Yes it can. It comes with 2 512MB sticks of RAM (to get the 1GB total), so you could easily upgrade those to 2 1GB sticks to double it, and it would cost you less than half of what Dell is charging (and it's not hard at all to do it yoruself).

cool, thank you....I am upgrading the processor a step up since my daughter does play games (Sims) hopefully it can handle it, but probably better than the computer we are using now

Just got this:

Dear Affiliates,

Dell’s black Friday link for the Vostro 1000 is currently landing on an error page. We apologize for this inconvenience and am in the midst of confirming with Dell whether inventory ran out early this morning.

We will keep you posted of any news.

Sincerely,

Dell Small Business Affiliate Team

This is referring to the original link (LINK)

I'll keep you all updated...

It may have sold out, or they may have deactivated the coupon code until they fix the error page on the original link.

Stay tuned...

Guest hackandspit
The Ram can be upgraded to up to 2GB. I have found by looking at the specifications from Dell that a person is better off installing their own Ram later as opposed to paying their high cost for the upgrade. The type of Ram used in this system can be purchased elsewhere for about 1/3 of the cost.

will these be on sale again with a code ? and is there going to be any other say cyber monday laptop specials :)

i sure as hell hope so...i missed this one because i took a chance on the $399 toshiba at my local circuit city. by the time i got there, they were out.

i thought i'd be able to get on this deal as my backup plan but nooooooo.

grrrr.