What time are you gonna get in line on BF'07?

nedsw33

How Early are You Planning to Go Out BF?  

619 members have voted

1. 1. How Early are You Planning to Go Out BF?

• After stores open
    • Just about opening time (5 AM or later opening)
    • ½ Hour before (4:30AM)
    • 1 Hour before (4 AM)
    • 2 Hours before (3 AM)
    • 3 Hours before (2 AM)
    • 4 Hours before (1 AM)
    • 5 Hours before (Midnight)
    • 6-12 Hours before (5-11 PM Thanksgiving)
    • Earlier Thanksgiving Day
    • Wednesday 11/21

Wow, you people really are hard core. I guess, since I don't have kids (yet), I'm not going nuts for the hot items. My strategy the last few years has been to hit the 'less' popular stores first (around 4am). Last year, I went to Strawbridges (when it still existed) for a watch for DH and $10 coupon for first 100 in line. Got in line an hour before opening and got the coup. Then I hit the other joints in the same mall as they opened (KBToys...walked right in, Macys...walked right in), and then I headed to the crazy stores around 5:30-6:00 (Target and Kohls) and again walked right in w/o line and got everything I was there for. Then down the road to TRU and WalMart after the rush and got everything I wanted (medium lines at checkout). My last stop was Lowe's for my poinsettas and tools for DH. Home, gifts sorted, and napping by 11am.

I already posted on this thread but I am revising answer. I am pretty sure I will be in line by noon on Thanksgiving. MY mom said she would bring DH and I thanksgiving dinner :gdlicklips: .. I have 3 laptops to get. My kids want lap tops for xmas. We are bringing one of my kids with me.. So Dh will buy one , I will and DS 1 who is almost 20 will be buying one.. That is all they are getting for xmas besides some of the new Wii games and PS3 gams that are coming out later this year .. I sure hope they have a great lap top deal or I guess I will just get them all at Dell after bfll.. We are also looking for a 42 inch or larger plasma or LCD 1081 HDTV.. I also hope they have a gps system for me for xmas. I want one in my van since I tend to get lost alot :gdparanoid:

Getting in line time all depends on where we go.

If going to Walmart will get in line about an hour before the doors open.

Last year we went to Meijer's and they stayed open all night and BF prices start at 5 I think, so we got there about an hour before prices started and got everything we wanted and got in line.

I refuse to go to the BB near us, they camp out early morning the day before, and they don't seem to stock very well.

We usually plan on WM first, but it depends on who has the deals, they were pretty dissapointing last year. I'm hoping they're better this year.

:gdbees:

Last year I went to the BB in Saginaw, MI at about 6PM. That was way too late!! I asked a few people and the first people were there at about 10am with a bunch showing up around noon. I didn't get the computer I wanted, but I got everything else. I don't know what I'm doing yet, waiting for the ads.

Last year i went around 8pm on Thanksgiving day and was the forty something in the line....and then there were those bastards who were cutting when the gates opened. Good thing is i got what i needed =)

This year i will hitting early around 5ish or 4. I need to get me hands on the flat panel LCD and a laptop =)

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd share. My sister sent out an email stating that her friend has never done a big Thanksgiving and would like to host it this year...what did everyone think. I replied that I would let my ex know so he and the kids could attend as me and DH would be camped out in front of BB on Turkey day. So she replies, "you've already decided to camp out? You don't even know what's on sale yet!"

hehehehe

Like that matters! BF at BB what could be better :D

Anyone else's family think they are nuts for missing Thanksgiving to camp out?

I posted this on another thread, but it answers your question directly:

<<In today's hectic world, there only about two days that people pause and take a break from the madness - Thanlsgiving and Christmas. They are the two days each year that at least in my case the family can get togther, visit, work together on the dinner, and just enjoy each other's company. Even Easter has kind of lost this purpose, at least in our area. On Thanksgiving itself, I may hit Kmart real early if they have something good, but the rest of the day is family time. I'm sorry, but there's no bargain that BB or WM could offer that would make me consider giving up my Thanksgiving to wait 12+ hours in line for.>>

I know on this forum this will be considered heresy, but some things are just more important than saving a few bucks. Family and family traditions are one.

I know on this forum this will be considered heresy, but some things are just more important than saving a few bucks. Family and family traditions are one.

HERESY I say!!!! My BF camp out will create even more family memories when I complete my theater room all thanks to BF with an extra couple thousand in my pockets! :eyepoppin

Well our family tradition is to camp out at least for the past 13 years we have done this and have family & friends come join us...now we have another family that we have been doing this with for the past 3 years.

We get there in the am set up the kids throw the football around, play tag, ect...we snack, play cards, watch tv on the portable, play computer games and then someone gets turkey dinner. We all sit down outside best buy eat and play...we have wonderful family memories doing just this...

I always get Wal-Mart out of the way first, so I'll get there around 2 or 2:30 (24 hr store), find ALL the things I'm pricematching (mainly movies! lol), then around 3:45 or 4, I go stand next to the wrapped pallet that another early shopper has identified as having my most-wanted item(s) and mentally plan my attack (which direction to go, which aisle, etc. to get to the other pallets as quickly and painlessly as possible)! :D

Depends if I "need" to go out there. If there are items this year that do not appeal to me as doorbusters or anything, I will go out an hour or so early for parking reasons. If there is that one item that I "need" I will go out much earlier.