Official Restaurant.com Coupon/Discount Thread

Brad

We have been using them since 2001 I think... or early 2002. We dont have many restaurants around here that take it (there is a great Indian place though)... there were some awesome restaurants but they no longer do it. But I have never once had a problem using one. We used several in FL when we were on vacation, used a few on our trip to NYC and used a bunch when we drove from CT to FL (we had planned stops along the way). Never once did I get turned down. Just make sure you read the fine print on some... some say you have to spend $50, some $35... they all vary!

We tried to use one today. The minimum order was $35 and it was buffet. The waitress said we didn't have enough people to have a $35 ticket so it could not be used. We asked if we could eat and just pay the $10 extra and she said no so we left.

Should have waited for the next people to walk in and offered to buy them lunch...

Also, this code had been posted, but the thread has disappeared.

We have been using them since 2001 I think... or early 2002. We dont have many restaurants around here that take it (there is a great Indian place though)... there were some awesome restaurants but they no longer do it. But I have never once had a problem using one. We used several in FL when we were on vacation, used a few on our trip to NYC and used a bunch when we drove from CT to FL (we had planned stops along the way). Never once did I get turned down. Just make sure you read the fine print on some... some say you have to spend $50, some $35... they all vary!

Just curious, how did you know the restaurants that you picked were good ones? We are going to Orlando soon and to San Fransisco in the fall and would love to get some certificates for some good places.

Sign up for their email and you will get the codes when they come out. We have been using this for years and always have no problem using them. We wait until we get 60% off and then buy tons of them, they are good for one year. You do have to read fine print some on good only on partys of so many or you have to spend so much to get the amount off, but it always a good deal. They run 60% every two months or so and the 70% off once or twice a year.

I looked at the pictures of the restaurant and the menu to make a decision about purchasing the certificates. This time I only purchased local ones, I didn't think of buying them for trips. I will buy more for trips next time they are on sale. Thanks for the idea!

Fulkerson, did you know ahead of time you had to spend $35 and did you know the prices? Just curious because whenever it has stated $35, the restaurants we have gone to stuck by it. One time I spent $34.05 at a restaurant and had to buy an ice cream cone to push it over $35 for them to take it.

DAP, I have a friend who lives in Orlando and works for Disney, so she knew most of the restaurants we picked... some were just a shot in the dark but worth a shot... some were $25 off $25... I have also read online reviews of restaurants too when using them out of state. I think the website www.chowhounds.com will give you info too if you ask. They have forums for different cities.

My hubbby and I used our certificate Sat. It was the first purchase I made and my first time at the restaurant and it was great! I spent $3 on a $25 gift certificate and it worked! I went home and purchased more before the sale was over. A lot of places tend to go out of business around here. I saw that within 90 days you can exchange with restaurant.com. Has anyone done this?

"Fulkerson, did you know ahead of time you had to spend $35 and did you know the prices? Just curious because whenever it has stated $35, the restaurants we have gone to stuck by it. One time I spent $34.05 at a restaurant and had to buy an ice cream cone to push it over $35 for them to take it."

I did know we had to spend $35 and didn't figure that would be a problem. There were three of us. But I didn't know how much their meals cost. I had never been there before. The noon buffet is only $5.50 and the evening one is just $6.50. I guess we should have tried it out anyway to be sure we would want to come back sometime and take friends. I bought 4 certs so we will go back with a group and try it. My husband isn't crazy about Chinese food so maybe I can find some gal friends to go with me.

mom-99, I switched 2 of them out, one, we found the restaurant and it was too "bar-sy" for us... so I called right away and had a credit of $25... but you cant use a code when you do the GC. I had no problems either time exchanging ours.

Fulkerson... thats a cheap price for a buffet! I would have thought $35 for a party of 3 would have been easy! Our chinese buffets are $8.95 an adult for lunch and $11.95 for lunch.. they are huge though. I hope you get to use it!

Normally as long as you follow the fine print, they are great to deal with, IMHO... Steph

we used to use these all the time but the 3 restaurants we used them at no longer participate. We still eat at 2 of them alot(3rd is too pricey w/out discount) and on the comment card every time I fill out "rejoin Restaurant.com" LOL I have no idea why they stopped but I wished they would rejoin. I wonder how many of my local restaurants dont even know about it. Seems like a great way to build a client base

also it has happened once or twice but we VERY rarely get a "bad" restaurant when we buy off of there. Worst one EVER was House of Blues in Chicago(uck) but I wouldnt be worried about just randomly picking one for a vaction. Think of it this way you were gonna have to go into an unknown restaurant anyways and this way if it ISNT great food at least it was cheap!

I buy these all the time, mostly for local restaurants. We did go on a trip to Asheville NC one time, and I bought about 5 different ones in that area. They were all great restaurants, and most were classier than we would normally eat at! We bought one for a restaurant at Myrtle Beach and didn't like the looks of it from the outside, so we just didn't use it. I had got it at 60% off, so it wasn't much of a waste.