Kohl's tips and deals - New clearance 2/12 and 2/13

Guest RealLivePrinces

Thanks for the reply. :)

It sounds like it’d be better to wait until next week to go get that coat. Though I’m a little bit perplexed by the way you’ve worded it. What does “night owls & early birds” mean? Are those prices only good during certain hours?

And then it says “"Lowest Prices of the Season" prices on most stuff during power hours”. That also implies that the sale prices are only during certain hours. Could you clarify that for me?

I appreciate the help.

Okay, tonight through tomorrow morning, there's a huge sale featuring the video camera and MP3 player, 40% off fine watches and an additional 20% off already 60% fine jewelry and other stuff. Sorry, forgot to grab the ad. Hee.

But next week, it's looking pretty good:

Wednesday, Dec. 6 (my birthday!): half-price sale, senior day, fine jewelry is 60% with an additional 10%, 50% off Fisher Price toys (excluding TMX Elmo, which most stores don't have anyway, and Power Wheels.)

AND THEN, HUUUGE SALE:

Friday and Saturday Dec. 8th and 9th, night owls and early birds:

-$10 Kohl's Cash for every $50 spent. "Lowest Prices of the Season" prices on most stuff during power hours, including:

-- 60% Winter Outerware (coats, etc) Excludes Columbia.

-- 65% off down comforters and featherbeds

-- 60% off blankets; $9.99 microfleece, is that what you're referring to?

Etc, etc. If y'all want me to check on a specific item for those two sales, I have the ads and would be happy to. :)

ETA: Oh! Forgot to do that sale's big ticket items:

--- $94.99 (after $30 rebate) 8" portable DVD player

--- $189.99 Fisher Price Pixar Cars Power Wheels (original $249.99)

--- $98.99 digital camera/video recorder

--- $88.99 Digital Frame

Thanks for the heads up! I placed an order online today for the featherbed. I think I need to cancel that puppy and wait until next Friday. Can I return the item to my local Kohl's and place another order....or will they honor a price adjustment?

Thanks much for all the sale preview info! One question: I'm looking for the F-P "shake and go speedway" .... it oftentimes isn't in stock in stores, but is on the Web site. Would this 50% off toys deal next Wednesday be good online as well?

Thanks!

Guest RealLivePrinces

I always forget to use my "pick a day" sale card; are there any that are still good now, or have they all expired?

I think there's one that's good through the 9th. It's a green coupon.

What does “night owls & early birds” mean? Are those prices only good during certain hours?

And then it says “"Lowest Prices of the Season" prices on most stuff during power hours”. That also implies that the sale prices are only during certain hours. Could you clarify that for me?

Oh, sorry for the confusion! The lower prices (and when Kohl's calls them lowest prices of the season, they generally mean it) are only available during limited times during regular store hours:

Friday, Dec. 8: Night Owls 3pm to midnight

Saturday, Dec. 9: Early Birds 6am-1pm.

There is a really good sale going on outside of those special sale hours, but you'll get the best deal if you shop during the power hours.

Can I return the item to my local Kohl's and place another order....or will they honor a price adjustment?

Customer Service should do that adjustment for you. Stores allow 10-14 days for that. Just bring in your receipt.

Would this 50% off toys deal next Wednesday be good online as well?

The ad says "selected items online: (search using code) P1251".

RealLivePrinces thanks for the heads up on next week's sale (been waiting for word of it on these boards for a couple of weeks). Will next weeks deal be available online as well? I think last year they were.

Thank you for all of your tips.

Guest RealLivePrinces
Next week will have selected items online. You can also earn $10 Kohl's Cash for every $50 spent in-store AND online. However, you will only be able to redeem the KC in-store.

RealLivePrinces...SO glad you mentioned Kohl's cash!! Dummy that I am, I just spent $66 there today, and forgot that I had $40 in Kohl's cash from BF to redeem by tomorrow!! Can I take my receipt to CS and have them re-ring my items so I can use my Kohl's cash, or do I have to return everything and re-buy it again?

Thanks!

Guest RealLivePrinces
If your CS associate knows their stuff, you should just be able to bring in the receipt and they can type in the numbers to return/repurchase. Some newbies don't realize that. I'd call ahead first and doublecheck with your store.

Thanks for the tips and information on Kohls. I used to be a big Filene's shopper but now that it is closed I have just started to go to Kohls. It is in a different direction then I usually go but so far I have been happy and today I signed up for the credit card. I think Kohls will be my number 1 store.

Guest RealLivePrinces

how do you get a "pick a day" sale card?

You apply and are approved for a Kohl's charge. Just to reiterate:

- Most states have it interest free for life.

- You can spend on it and then instantly pay it off right there at the register.

- You save 12 times a year just for using it. (Or 16, if you're a Gold card member; charge $600 a year or more). Savings range from 15% pick-a-days to 30% scratch cards.

- It takes less time than to write a check to fill out an application. (I've told customers to time me, it's seriously less than 2 minutes).

- You don't have to ever carry it with you; we can look it up in 30 seconds.

- If you apply, whether you're approved or not, you'll still save 15% just for trying. That's on top of all other sales prices. Plus, you'll make the associate's day. (It's part of our annual review).

Do you have the ad for Wednesday, 12/13, which is Associate Shop Day? I work for Kohl's but rarely get to see the ads in advance. I would love a heads up on % off for fine jewelry, fashion jewelry, pocketbooks, mattress pads, luggage and any other things. Not in the market for any clothing that day.

Thanks.

Guest RealLivePrinces

Probably not. The computer rarely allows us to accept outdated coupons.

I do have the ad for 12/13, I'll try to remember to grab it when I go in next. :)

Guest RealLivePrinces
Yes, the Wednesday sale will be online. I don't think all items will be, so just keep an eye on sale prices for each item. :)

Thanks, RealLivePrinces, I will be looking for any info on that particular ad. I found some upcoming ads in our breakroom last evening but they were for the December 15/16 sale.

Our Kohl's has gone to a 1 day hold policy for customers and associates but management is making an exception for the Dec. 13/14 Associate Shop Days and allowing us to begin putting items on hold this Wednesday, 12/6.

Again, thanks.

Newt1912

Since I was griping so much on the WalMart thread, I wanted to give credit where it is due. Kohl's has a wonderful marketing and planning department. Their store layout is outstanding, with the revolutionary idea of having the wide outer aisle to direct the customer throughout the entire store. It also has a nice wide center aisle for an easy exit if you are completed with your shopping. :)

Guest RealLivePrinces

Do you have the ad for Wednesday, 12/13, which is Associate Shop Day? I work for Kohl's but rarely get to see the ads in advance. I would love a heads up on % off for fine jewelry, fashion jewelry, pocketbooks, mattress pads, luggage and any other things. Not in the market for any clothing that day.

Okay, I have it. I also have the Early Birds ad for 12/15-12/16 and the weekly ad for December 17th-24th, if anyone is interested.

Sale during Associate Appreciation days:

- 65% Fine Jewelry

- 25% to 50% Fashion Jewelry

- 40% to 50% Entire Stock Purses/Wallets

- 50% to 60% Entire Stock Bed Pillows/Mattress Pads

- 50% to 70% Entire Stock Luggage

Of course, then add our doubled discount on top of those. If applicable, seniors save an extra 15% both days.