What's on your list?

Ankit

I am going to pick up all/most of the free after rebate items and also some CD-Rs, cases for said CD-Rs, USB Flash Drive, and if I find a good deal on a SD card I'll get that too. Then if anything catches my eye I guess I'll add that to the cart.

Not a very big list this year. Last year I got the laptop, desktop, as well as a dvd burner and a lotta other stuff (about $3,000 worth of stuff, and recieved back $1,200 in rebates).

Conscript, you've got too much time on your hand. Those FAR items are hardly worth it when you do them all. The filing, the copying, the envelope writing, and the worst of all--the tracking--can really drive you insane. But "to each, his own". Good luck!

If you want a SD card, go to eCost.com and they are selling a 128MB for $2.00 AR. No shipping but they charge a few bucks for handling. It's better value when you want to buy a few things from them.

Thanks for the SD Card tip. You can never have too many SD cards especially when you got a PDA and two digital cameras.

It really doesn't take too long to fill out those rebates. Took me about two solid hours to photocopy all the materials and send them out. There was if I recall correctly about 12 rebates I had to fill out, some were for as low as $15-$50 and some were as large as $200-$300.

But this year I am not buying much more stuff because my house over the last two years has taken on a eerie resemblence to the inside of a Best Buy as it is. hehe.

MY friend is doing the same as Conscript.

My list:

Western Digital 200 GB HD for $50 MIR @ Officemax

Micro Advantage 64MB USB Quick Drive for $ Free MIR @ Officemax or Sandisk Cruzer Mini 256MB Flash Drive for $15 MIR

Eminem Encore @ Circuit City

A few dvds/cds

I just picked up a 256MB SD card at Fry's tonight for $5 AR. I also got a 400W power supply for $5 AR, and 256MB DDR2700 RAM for $4 AR. I don't need any of it right now but it was such a good deal I couln't pass it up, and I had to satisfy my craving to shop. :)