Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Onn TV - Walmart

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 shoptillidrop2  OFFLINE  

shoptillidrop2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Nov 23, 2019 - 7:13 pm

If I bought one of the Onn tvs from Walmart would I be able to view Live Facebook videos on my tv?

#2 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 24, 2019 - 10:35 am

not sure on this one. This brand has been out for a while but not as a tv and I have never used one so I am not sure.

#3 money167  OFFLINE  

money167

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 24, 2019 - 11:44 am

Any thoughts on the Onn brand that Walmart has on sale for $148? Thinking of getting for gift for someone who wants a smart tv if I can order online. Am not going to the store to fight over doorbusters.

#4 shoptillidrop2  OFFLINE  

shoptillidrop2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Nov 24, 2019 - 1:28 pm

Onn tvs seem to have good reviews, and Roku is definitely easier to use than Amazon FireStick.

#5 shoptillidrop2  OFFLINE  

shoptillidrop2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Nov 27, 2019 - 7:21 pm

Wow, did Walmart sell out of the 43" Onn tv that fast, or was it never available online? Either way guess I'm glad I had convinced myself to stay with my 32" another year due to finances.

Edited by shoptillidrop2, Nov 27, 2019 - 7:23 pm.

#6 riven3d  OFFLINE  

riven3d

• 2,555 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 27, 2019 - 7:26 pm

Wow, did Walmart sell out of the 43" Onn tv that fast, or was it never available online? Either way guess I'm glad I had convinced myself to stay with my 32" another year due to finances.

was never on sale online

#7 shoptillidrop2  OFFLINE  

shoptillidrop2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Nov 27, 2019 - 8:20 pm

That's interesting riven because a couple of days ago when I was seriously considering buying the tv it said it would be available online tonight when their BF sale started.

#8 shoptillidrop2  OFFLINE  

shoptillidrop2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Nov 27, 2019 - 8:29 pm

Meant the 40", not the 43".

#9 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 1,650 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 1, 2019 - 9:02 pm

Has anyone turned the onn tv on? Picture quality ? Mine is a Christmas present so was just wondering if it was a good buy. WELL FOR THE PRICE IT WAS AN EXCELLENT BUY

#10 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,723 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 2, 2019 - 6:30 am

I have not but I'm pretty sure jaymacfl said he saw a lot of them being returned to Walmart in his many trips there this weekend. Not sure the reasons why they got returned. :)

#11 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 1,650 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 2, 2019 - 1:46 pm

I have not but I'm pretty sure jaymacfl said he saw a lot of them being returned to Walmart in his many trips there this weekend. Not sure the reasons why they got returned. :)

Interesting.....

#12 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,214 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 3, 2019 - 8:40 am

I can come up with some realistic and some ridiculous ones:

1. When they unboxed it and plugged it in, the image quality was not what they hoped for or expected.

2. Dead pixels

3. Unable to figure out how to use the SmartTV

4. (don't laugh, i've heard/read this reason) - don't have WiFi enabled in the home, can't use the smart TV.

5. (also true) - assumed netflix/hulu came free with the TV/didn't need to pay for the service

GO BRUINS!

#13 jade2002  OFFLINE  

jade2002

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 4, 2019 - 9:04 am

I can come up with some realistic and some ridiculous ones:

1. When they unboxed it and plugged it in, the image quality was not what they hoped for or expected.

2. Dead pixels

3. Unable to figure out how to use the SmartTV

4. (don't laugh, i've heard/read this reason) - don't have WiFi enabled in the home, can't use the smart TV.

5. (also true) - assumed netflix/hulu came free with the TV/didn't need to pay for the service

Those are indeed reasons I've experienced. My dad, being older bought a smart tv a couple years ago, didn't realize he had to have wifi and returned it. I had a lady come in the other day telling me about how her daughter wanted to buy her and her husband one of the smart tvs for Christmas. She told me, they didn't know anything about the smart tvs and would just keep their " dumb " tv, lol. 

I work service desk at Walmart. I've only had 1 of the Onn tvs returned so far. It was the $198 58 inch. His reason was that his wife " just didn't like it ". It was taken back to claims and checked, nothing at all wrong with the tv. Now, I'm not sure if we'll have more come back in the next couple of weeks or not but so far, I've only had one of them returned.

#14 reeves37355  OFFLINE  

reeves37355

• PipPipPip
  • 3 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Dec 4, 2019 - 5:10 pm

Those are indeed reasons I've experienced. My dad, being older bought a smart tv a couple years ago, didn't realize he had to have wifi and returned it. I had a lady come in the other day telling me about how her daughter wanted to buy her and her husband one of the smart tvs for Christmas. She told me, they didn't know anything about the smart tvs and would just keep their " dumb " tv, lol. 

I work service desk at Walmart. I've only had 1 of the Onn tvs returned so far. It was the $198 58 inch. His reason was that his wife " just didn't like it ". It was taken back to claims and checked, nothing at all wrong with the tv. Now, I'm not sure if we'll have more come back in the next couple of weeks or not but so far, I've only had one of them returned.

I also work at Walmart, but in Claims (We process returns).  We've had a few of the Onn TV's returned.  Tested them.   Only 1 was physically broken.  The rest were marked down and sold as "open box."   In fact, we sold an open box Onn 50" TV today for under $84.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users