Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Ideas for wrapping cash

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 tjredsox4  OFFLINE  

tjredsox4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 9, 2019 - 11:46 am

Most of my nieces and nephews would prefer cash this year. I would like to wrap it differently. They are ages 11 to 24. Any ideas?

#2 Bopeep  OFFLINE  

Bopeep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 9, 2019 - 11:49 am

My mom got my kids cash one year in a puzzle box. You had to solve the puzzle, or get the ball in the hole, or something like that, in order to get to the money. Something like these: https://www.amazon.c...sl_6wk8cbtacr_e

#3 angelbabymommy  OFFLINE  

angelbabymommy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 9, 2019 - 1:19 pm

My stepmom just showed me a lot of ideas she saw on Pinterest for gifting money being as though my oldest is 17. She showed my the ornament, a flip flop with “money” toes and a pizza box with “money” slices and coins for the toppings.
"Oooh fuuudge! Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the 'F-dash-dash-dash' word! ---Ralphie

#4 berry1014  OFFLINE  

berry1014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 10, 2019 - 11:01 am

Inside Slipper socks or Christmas socks

Wrap around candy bar

Inside an ornament

Inside a holiday mug

Inside a small box, wrap that inside a larger box, wrap that inside an even larger box.

#5 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,192 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 13, 2019 - 6:18 am

Inside a small box, wrap that inside a larger box, wrap that inside an even larger box.

I had an aunt once wrap it inside a box with rocks to deceive you.

GO BRUINS!

#6 AuntieJul  OFFLINE  

AuntieJul

I make a mean pumpkin pie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Sep 15, 2019 - 2:42 am

I've seen money folded on a piece of cardboard to look like a button down shirt, then walked inside a box like a regular present.
Bargains, baking, and Black Friday! :holiday08 :holiday07

#7 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 54,864 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 15, 2019 - 8:52 am

2 of my kids are getting cash as their large gifts this year. I always try to find a new way to wrap it - so this year I purchased them each a different style of wooden advent calendar (to be used for years to come) and each has a wooden drawer for each of the 24 days which will be filled with folded denominations of different size bills. Figured that way it was 2 gifts in one. :)

“The more I know about people, the more I love my dog.” ~ Mark Twain.

#8 rlbarajas  OFFLINE  

rlbarajas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 15, 2019 - 5:58 pm

I’ve done a box of blown up balloons with candy, confetti and money inside the balloons so they had to pop the balloons to see what was inside.

I’ve also done a jar of their favorite candy with a tube in the center that had money. So from the outside of the jar it just looked like candy until they actually opened the jar.

One year my nephew asked for money and snacks. So I got him a box that had a bunch of his favorite snacks and I included the pizza box with money

#9 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 1,461 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 16, 2019 - 5:22 am

How about make it into origami money boxes/presents, or do a saran wrap game. Or play a trick. Get an old pair of shoes and stuff the money inside of it so when they open it they think that it is there gift. 

#10 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• 1,771 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 16, 2019 - 5:29 am

I'm not a "fun" person, so I dont really like playing tricks too much.

I've given cash in a new wallet, or a zipper pouch.
See, no fun.

But I do like the idea of the money inside the advent calendar.

This isn't the same situation, but a few years ago I had about 15 Target promo GCs I was going to give my daughter for her baby shower, and was struggling with a cute presentation. The room we were using happened to have an undecorated Christmas tree in it (it was November and was going to be decorated after our event). So I tied up the gift cards, baby socks, and other small items and decorated the tree.
You could do that with cash too

#11 tjredsox4  OFFLINE  

tjredsox4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 16, 2019 - 7:56 am

All great ideas keep them coming

#12 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 54,864 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 16, 2019 - 10:07 am

Here is a cool idea from Amazon.com!
Cake Money Box, Money Pulling Cake Making Mold, Food Contact Safe,4.3X4.3X2.8 inch

20190916110656x240x250.jpg

#13 budgetsRsexy  OFFLINE  

budgetsRsexy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Sep 16, 2019 - 5:27 pm

My aunt once put tic-tac breath mints in a small jewelry box with cash. She was right that the weird rattle noise it made when you shook it would throw us off our guessing game.

#14 colemandawn4905  OFFLINE  

colemandawn4905

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 Posts
  • Member since 2015

Posted Sep 21, 2019 - 6:13 pm

My husband’s grandson kept telling me he wanted a box of money so I got a jug that water comes in like the big ones and I put 20 in change in there and then did ones and fives. Lol 100 worth. I wrapped it and he was shocked to see such a big gift them when he opened it he was so excited. I was too till he has me sit on the floor with him n shake every piece out to count it lol he was 10 n thought it was the greatest gift. Lol last year I found fake cans on LTD so he got a fake can of spam lol he was clueless at first

*** Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow***

#15 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 54,864 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 23, 2019 - 4:18 am

This is a super cute idea on Amazon
Money Maze - Cosmic Pinball for Cash and Certificates - By Bilz.

20190923051629x213x250.jpg

#16 vern28  OFFLINE  

vern28

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 4, 2019 - 3:54 am

Here is a cool idea from Amazon.com!
Cake Money Box, Money Pulling Cake Making Mold, Food Contact Safe,4.3X4.3X2.8 inch

20190916110656x240x250.jpg

#17 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 54,864 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 4, 2019 - 4:54 am

I decided on how to do my son's cash this year... I got one of the rolled up Kohl's throws and I am going to carefully open the plastic bag packing that it came in - unroll it and pin different bills inside, then roll it back up and place it back in the plastic packing. THAT should get him! ;)

#18 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• 1,771 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 4, 2019 - 6:54 am

I decided on how to do my son's cash this year... I got one of the rolled up Kohl's throws and I am going to carefully open the plastic bag packing that it came in - unroll it and pin different bills inside, then roll it back up and place it back in the plastic packing. THAT should get him! ;)

Love it!

#19 budgetsRsexy  OFFLINE  

budgetsRsexy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Oct 4, 2019 - 12:43 pm

That is pretty darn sneaky and I love it. Good luck opening the plastic bag in such a way that he can’t tell the difference

#20 angelbabymommy  OFFLINE  

angelbabymommy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 4, 2019 - 1:00 pm

I love it! I once did that sorta thing for my daughter for Christmas. I think she was 14. Between myself, my mom and my brother, she got $700 as a big part of her gift. So we hid the 100 dollar bills in different gifts...in the pocket of her new coat, inside her iPad mini box, inside her stocking and a couple of other places. She was pretty excited and we loved seeing her face, especially after the 3rd one because she kept thinking she was done lol
"Oooh fuuudge! Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the 'F-dash-dash-dash' word! ---Ralphie

#21 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 14, 2019 - 11:13 am

My step dad put my mom's engagement ring in a box in a box in a box (you get the idea - along with bricks inside the largest couple of boxes) when he proposed to her. My brother and I knew. She didn't. Such fun. :)

For those curious: Kitty in my pic is current furbaby, Mew, curled up in a box far too small for her. Ha! "If I fits, I sleeps!"

NASCAR fan (particularly JGR pit crews - many friends there), diehard UM Wolverine fan, animal lover, car girl, cookie baker, singer, bargain hunter. Yep. That about covers it. lol :cool:

#22 Jenn_A  OFFLINE  

Jenn_A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Oct 14, 2019 - 11:38 am

i love those!!

My mom got my kids cash one year in a puzzle box. You had to solve the puzzle, or get the ball in the hole, or something like that, in order to get to the money. Something like these: https://www.amazon.c...sl_6wk8cbtacr_e

Jennifer

#23 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 1,461 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 16, 2019 - 11:47 am

I love this. To see his eyes when he tries to go to sleep!!!!! Priceless

#24 Jeanne515  OFFLINE  

Jeanne515

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 17, 2019 - 12:41 pm

I do this every year for my neice and nephew.  They can't tell you any other gift that they have ever gotten but they can tell you the creative ways that they got cash.  I have gotten tons of ideas from pinterest.  My favorites are taping the bills end to end then rolling up and pulling thru tissue holder; in a picture frame with sign "in case of emergency, break glass", mixed in playdough; wrapped in tinsel, saran wrap ball with layers of saran wrap, cash, coins, chocolate, etc!

They look forward each year to my gift!  Hmmmm to start planning for this year. 

#25 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 54,864 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2019 - 12:52 pm

I do this every year for my neice and nephew.  They can't tell you any other gift that they have ever gotten but they can tell you the creative ways that they got cash.  I have gotten tons of ideas from pinterest.  My favorites are taping the bills end to end then rolling up and pulling thru tissue holder; in a picture frame with sign "in case of emergency, break glass", mixed in playdough; wrapped in tinsel, saran wrap ball with layers of saran wrap, cash, coins, chocolate, etc!

They look forward each year to my gift!  Hmmmm to start planning for this year. 

LOL - fantastic ideas - wish I was on YOUR gift list!

#26 stevierocks  OFFLINE  

stevierocks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 19, 2019 - 6:19 pm

give a calendar and tape money to each month

or in a jar of   slime ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users