Ideas for wrapping cash

tjredsox4

2 of my kids are getting cash as their large gifts this year. I always try to find a new way to wrap it - so this year I purchased them each a different style of wooden advent calendar (to be used for years to come) and each has a wooden drawer for each of the 24 days which will be filled with folded denominations of different size bills. Figured that way it was 2 gifts in one. :)

• Like 10

I’ve done a box of blown up balloons with candy, confetti and money inside the balloons so they had to pop the balloons to see what was inside.

I’ve also done a jar of their favorite candy with a tube in the center that had money. So from the outside of the jar it just looked like candy until they actually opened the jar.

One year my nephew asked for money and snacks. So I got him a box that had a bunch of his favorite snacks and I included the pizza box with money

• Like 2

I'm not a "fun" person, so I dont really like playing tricks too much.

I've given cash in a new wallet, or a zipper pouch.

See, no fun.

But I do like the idea of the money inside the advent calendar.

This isn't the same situation, but a few years ago I had about 15 Target promo GCs I was going to give my daughter for her baby shower, and was struggling with a cute presentation. The room we were using happened to have an undecorated Christmas tree in it (it was November and was going to be decorated after our event). So I tied up the gift cards, baby socks, and other small items and decorated the tree.

You could do that with cash too

• Like 3

My husband’s grandson kept telling me he wanted a box of money so I got a jug that water comes in like the big ones and I put 20 in change in there and then did ones and fives. Lol 100 worth. I wrapped it and he was shocked to see such a big gift them when he opened it he was so excited. I was too till he has me sit on the floor with him n shake every piece out to count it lol he was 10 n thought it was the greatest gift. Lol last year I found fake cans on LTD so he got a fake can of spam lol he was clueless at first [emoji23]
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I decided on how to do my son's cash this year... I got one of the rolled up Kohl's throws and I am going to carefully open the plastic bag packing that it came in - unroll it and pin different bills inside, then roll it back up and place it back in the plastic packing. THAT should get him! ;)

• Like 7

I decided on how to do my son's cash this year... I got one of the rolled up Kohl's throws and I am going to carefully open the plastic bag packing that it came in - unroll it and pin different bills inside, then roll it back up and place it back in the plastic packing. THAT should get him! ;)

Love it!

• Like 2

I love it! I once did that sorta thing for my daughter for Christmas. I think she was 14. Between myself, my mom and my brother, she got $700 as a big part of her gift. So we hid the 100 dollar bills in different gifts...in the pocket of her new coat, inside her iPad mini box, inside her stocking and a couple of other places. She was pretty excited and we loved seeing her face, especially after the 3rd one because she kept thinking she was done lol

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I had an aunt once wrap it inside a box with rocks to deceive you.

My step dad put my mom's engagement ring in a box in a box in a box (you get the idea - along with bricks inside the largest couple of boxes) when he proposed to her. My brother and I knew. She didn't. Such fun. :)

• Like 1

I love this. To see his eyes when he tries to go to sleep!!!!! Priceless

• Like 1

I do this every year for my neice and nephew.  They can't tell you any other gift that they have ever gotten but they can tell you the creative ways that they got cash.  I have gotten tons of ideas from pinterest.  My favorites are taping the bills end to end then rolling up and pulling thru tissue holder; in a picture frame with sign "in case of emergency, break glass", mixed in playdough; wrapped in tinsel, saran wrap ball with layers of saran wrap, cash, coins, chocolate, etc!

They look forward each year to my gift!  Hmmmm to start planning for this year. 

• Like 2

I do this every year for my neice and nephew.  They can't tell you any other gift that they have ever gotten but they can tell you the creative ways that they got cash.  I have gotten tons of ideas from pinterest.  My favorites are taping the bills end to end then rolling up and pulling thru tissue holder; in a picture frame with sign "in case of emergency, break glass", mixed in playdough; wrapped in tinsel, saran wrap ball with layers of saran wrap, cash, coins, chocolate, etc!

They look forward each year to my gift!  Hmmmm to start planning for this year. 

LOL - fantastic ideas - wish I was on YOUR gift list!

• Like 1

One year my daughter wanted nothing but gift cards.  So that is what she got - the card in a plastic grocery bag wadded up in a box along with other cards in bags, mixed in with empty plastic grocery bags ( she had to dig for them), wrapped and put in a bigger box with more cards and empty plastic bags, wrapped in a bigger box, etc.  She started out with a box for a big coat and ended up with a small scarf box.

My Dad one year gave my Mom a shoe box full of 1.00 bills all wadded as small as he could get them.  She didn't find that funny at all having to straighten them out!!!

• Like 1