Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Thanksgiving Menu

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Kash  OFFLINE  

Kash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 20, 2018 - 5:44 am

Scratch the Apple pie I listed.....DD21 is making a homemade cheese cake :) Yahoo!!!! I love her cheesecakes!

#32 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2018 - 5:47 am

My stepdad said last night he wanted a cherry pie.  I think he was being silly, because we never have cherry pie, and when I said I didn't know how to make that, he smiled and said I know.  But, I might try to make one now just because!  :)  I have never actually made any pie, so we'll see!

#33 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 50,885 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 21, 2018 - 2:23 am

It's almost Thanksgiving ...

20181121022307x250x250.jpg

#34 budgetsRsexy  OFFLINE  

budgetsRsexy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Nov 21, 2018 - 2:53 am

My parents stove died a few weeks ago so I’m hosting thanksgiving. I agreed on the condition that everyone share the work load as I’m not much of a cook. My husband and I are responsible for the turkey, stuffing, maple/bacon brussel sprouts and the ham (my dad and sister are allergic to turkey oddly enough). My mom is bringing apple pie and sweet potatoes. And my sister is bringing green beans and homemade rolls. There are only 6 of us total so we should be good with that.

Edited by budgetsRsexy, Nov 21, 2018 - 2:54 am.

#35 Gator Pam  OFFLINE  

Gator Pam

Proud Perimeter Peruser!

• 2,742 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 21, 2018 - 9:35 am

We're doing our meal tonight, so I'm on the forum in the calm before the storm...

#36 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 1,363 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 21, 2018 - 11:09 am

My parents stove died a few weeks ago so I’m hosting thanksgiving. I agreed on the condition that everyone share the work load as I’m not much of a cook. My husband and I are responsible for the turkey, stuffing, maple/bacon brussel sprouts and the ham (my dad and sister are allergic to turkey oddly enough). My mom is bringing apple pie and sweet potatoes. And my sister is bringing green beans and homemade rolls. There are only 6 of us total so we should be good with that.

Homemade rolls. I have to call my mom and ask her about these........

My stepdad said last night he wanted a cherry pie.  I think he was being silly, because we never have cherry pie, and when I said I didn't know how to make that, he smiled and said I know.  But, I might try to make one now just because!  :)  I have never actually made any pie, so we'll see!

This one is not to hard. If you get the crust right then everything else is a snap. Just taste before pouring it in. 

#37 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• 1,659 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 21, 2018 - 2:17 pm

See, I don't know how to do crust. And I went to the store today, couldn't find a frozen or refrigerated one. So guess no cherry pie after all. Oh well.

#38 speeddiva  OFFLINE  

speeddiva

This Space for Rent

• 2,294 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 21, 2018 - 8:51 pm

Turkey
Mashed potatoes
Sweet potato casserole
BBQ green beans
Kings Hawaiian rolls
sweet chili meatballs
Deviled eggs
Cheesecake
Pecan pie
Turtle pie

Edited by speeddiva, Nov 21, 2018 - 8:51 pm.

#39 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 50,885 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 22, 2018 - 8:50 am

20181122060132x250x153.jpg

#40 Coastiwife  OFFLINE  

Coastiwife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Nov 22, 2018 - 2:02 pm

We ended up with
Turkey
Ham
Dressing
Mac n cheese
Rice
sweet potato casserole
pineapple casserole
green bean casserole
cranberry sauce
rolls
pumpkin pie and cherry dump cake with vanilla ice cream
Punch

#41 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 1,363 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 22, 2018 - 7:12 pm

Well I missed a lot of stuff on my list but my stomach found all of it. 

#42 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 26, 2018 - 8:29 am

Dad and I had a great time in Frankenmuth. We ended up at Zehnder's and did their buffet style. Lots of yummy options on the buffet to be had, including a variety of meats: turkey, roast beef, fried chicken (because Frankenmuth), salmon, fried shrimp, and stuffed pork roast. Sides were traditional and plentiful. Dad had blueberry pie for dessert and I went for the traditional pumpkin. We left with full bellies and a thought that we may do it again in future years. 

For those curious: Kitty in my pic is current furbaby, Mew, curled up in a box far too small for her. Ha! "If I fits, I sleeps!"

NASCAR fan (particularly JGR pit crews - many friends there), diehard UM Wolverine fan, animal lover, car girl, cookie baker, singer, bargain hunter. Yep. That about covers it. lol :cool:

#43 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,430 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 26, 2018 - 8:35 am

Dad and I had a great time in Frankenmuth. We ended up at Zehnder's and did their buffet style. Lots of yummy options on the buffet to be had, including a variety of meats: turkey, roast beef, fried chicken (because Frankenmuth), salmon, fried shrimp, and stuffed pork roast. Sides were traditional and plentiful. Dad had blueberry pie for dessert and I went for the traditional pumpkin. We left with full bellies and a thought that we may do it again in future years. 

One of my favorite areas during not only Christmas time but throughout the year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users