Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Saran Wrap Ball game

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 budgetsRsexy  OFFLINE  

budgetsRsexy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Oct 23, 2018 - 6:01 pm

I have seen several people mention the Saran Wrap Ball (“SWB”) in other threads on GD. I was intrigued and went online to look it up and I think it might be fun to introduce my family to it next time we are together for the holidays. Do you have any suggestions or tips I should take into consideration? Type of Saran Wrap? How many times to wrap around a gift before inserting another gift? Ways to avoid a super uneven distribution of the prizes? Ways to avoid the game going too fast? People’s preferred rule variations?

Also, what do you guys fill it with (without spending a fortune on gift cards, I’d like to get away with keeping it around $30)? I would think you’d want to try for gender neutral stuff to avoid the men ending up with nail polish or my balding dad getting hair ties We are all adults in my family so give me some ideas on what to fill it with! (that isn’t lottery tickets, candy or mini liquor bottles which I already picked up off the internet ideas)

#2 budgetsRsexy  OFFLINE  

budgetsRsexy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Oct 23, 2018 - 6:24 pm

For those of you that don’t know the game:

https://www.isavea2z...me-rules-ideas/

#3 jstluvem  OFFLINE  

jstluvem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 23, 2018 - 7:05 pm

We tried this game last year it was a blast!
Due to the size of our family we actually did two at the same time 1 for adults and 1 for kids
Dollar Tree plastic wrap two rolls for each ball was used.
The adult one we put lottery tickets and star bucks gc and the plastic bone shot bottles is alcohol
The kids one had full size candy bats and gum and gc also

#4 tracy0504  OFFLINE  

tracy0504

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Oct 24, 2018 - 5:25 am

I think I may do this for the Christmas Eve potluck this year...

#5 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Oct 24, 2018 - 6:08 am

I think I may do this for the Christmas Eve potluck this year...

It's a blast!!  

#6 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Oct 24, 2018 - 6:16 am

I can't remember everything but here are some of the fillers we had:

earbuds

Peppermint flavored gum

chapstick/eos   (holiday flavored if you can find it)

socks of the ugly variety :)

travel sized hand lotion

small notepads/sticky note pad

packet of hot cocoa

tiny candles like you can get a Bath & Body works

The main/middle prize was a $15 iTunes GC

#7 colemandawn4905  OFFLINE  

colemandawn4905

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 Posts
  • Member since 2015

Posted Oct 24, 2018 - 6:17 am

We do this every Christmas Eve n everyone loves it. We have an adult one and a kids one. The adult one has small bottle of alcohol, candy, playing cards, I usually put a shot glass in for the start of the ball, bandanas, scratch offs, etc. the adults have a blast with it

*** Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow***

#8 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 24, 2018 - 7:03 am

I saw this in another thread. Have to try this it looks like it will be the hit of the party 

#9 Kash  OFFLINE  

Kash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 24, 2018 - 8:52 am

I bought several gift cards to various places. With the center being a $50 gift card to the families favorite restaurant. I bought a variety of lotto tickets. I had men and women’s products from bath and body. I even had a bar of soap with money in the middle in there. Your imagination is the limit. I actually used 6 rolls of Sarah wrap. Here is my sister in laws response with a pic of some of her favorite goodies.

72b6e0de5af6ede73ed2aab0e29ef74e.jpg

#10 budgetsRsexy  OFFLINE  

budgetsRsexy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Oct 25, 2018 - 5:16 pm

Was wondering if anyone has used Wish before. Their ad keeps popping up on my Facebook feed and I’ve seen some items with potential for game prizes at great prices. Let me know if you have any experience with them.

For in store purchases so far I’m thinking Harbor Freight, Michael’s and Target dollar spot for good places to get a wide variety of cheaper items (that will actually end up being used and are decent quality). I’ll probably keep a closer eye out for the drug store freebies too. Getting really excited about this!

#11 Bopeep  OFFLINE  

Bopeep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 26, 2018 - 6:18 am

I know a lot of people swear by Wish.  I ordered a stuffed elephant from them once, and once I got it the quality seemed fine. But it took 2 months to get it. 

#12 ilikefree  ONLINE  

ilikefree

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 26, 2018 - 9:43 am

I know a lot of people swear by Wish.  I ordered a stuffed elephant from them once, and once I got it the quality seemed fine. But it took 2 months to get it. 

I've heard the same thing about Wish...good enough products but shipping takes a long time.

#13 colemandawn4905  OFFLINE  

colemandawn4905

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 Posts
  • Member since 2015

Posted Oct 27, 2018 - 7:07 am

Was wondering if anyone has used Wish before. Their ad keeps popping up on my Facebook feed and I’ve seen some items with potential for game prizes at great prices. Let me know if you have any experience with them.

For in store purchases so far I’m thinking Harbor Freight, Michael’s and Target dollar spot for good places to get a wide variety of cheaper items (that will actually end up being used and are decent quality). I’ll probably keep a closer eye out for the drug store freebies too. Getting really excited about this!

I have used wish many times. It’s ok. They have sent me the wrong item several times. Remember also the stuff is from China mostly so sizes are not correct and electronics may not work with our systems here. Also shipping can sometimes take forever. Some products are flimsy. I got some good things too though so it just depends on what ur looking for.

*** Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow***

#14 stevierocks  OFFLINE  

stevierocks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 28, 2018 - 6:03 pm

wow i never even heard of wish.. but about to go check it out now..and i do a LOT of online shopping so i am shocked i never came across it.

#15 budgetsRsexy  OFFLINE  

budgetsRsexy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Nov 9, 2018 - 7:12 pm

So I’m doing the game for when my family is all together at Thanksgiving (Christmas is with my husband’s family out of state this year). There will only be 6 of us. How many prizes should I have to wrap up?

#16 Kash  OFFLINE  

Kash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 10, 2018 - 1:41 pm

So I’m doing the game for when my family is all together at Thanksgiving (Christmas is with my husband’s family out of state this year). There will only be 6 of us. How many prizes should I have to wrap up?

I've only done it one year, and this year I've been collecting for it all year. However, look at it this way. If you did 20 then each person has a potential chance of getting 3 each.  If you wanted each person to have a chance at getting 5 gifts each then you would be looking at 30-35 things. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users