Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Walmart discontinuing price matching in more stores

10 replies to this topic

#1 mgreen  OFFLINE  

mgreen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jun 19, 2017 - 3:56 pm

WM just discontinued price matching on June 12th in my area (Southern CA). How is this going to affect our Black Friday Shopping????

#2 berry1014  OFFLINE  

berry1014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jun 20, 2017 - 5:03 am

The Walmarts in my area never allowed price matching on BF sales and they stopped price matching earlier this year.

Edited by berry1014, Jun 20, 2017 - 5:03 am.

#3 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jun 20, 2017 - 5:23 am

To be honest the last time I tried to PM at Walmart is was such a pain in the butt that I didn't try again. I just started getting it from where it was on sale.

#4 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jun 20, 2017 - 6:44 am

They usually bring it back for the holiday season. 

#5 ytmomof4  OFFLINE  

ytmomof4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 12, 2017 - 12:44 am

My Walmart is still price matching

#6 tsjbenny  OFFLINE  

tsjbenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 12, 2017 - 4:13 am

My Wal-Mart didn't allow price matching on Black Friday.  The savings catcher seems to be working well for me.

#7 laddhorn  OFFLINE  

laddhorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 7, 2017 - 9:41 am

My son works for Wal Mart.  He said that they are about to stop PM at our store, but others in the area may continue.  They will all eventually stop PM.  They haven't mentioned anything about savings catcher yet.  It may be discontinued, or they may force whomever is doing the PM into that to save money.  Savings catcher probably saves your data on what you buy, so could benefit them with more targeted advertisements. 

#8 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Oct 7, 2017 - 10:44 am

I noticed for the first time today at one of the local stores here signs at the registers stating no more price matching at this store.  I never did it anyway so no big deal to me.

I also got an email from Savings Catcher in September saying my balance would be transferred to an e-gift card soon, just in time for holiday shopping it said.  There was no mention of discontinuing the program.  I hope that doesn't happen although I have noticed I earn money back far less than I did at first.  

#9 ilikefree  ONLINE  

ilikefree

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 7, 2017 - 5:46 pm

Our store is in a small town and Oct 15th is their last day to price match. The cashier told me that they will continue the Savings Catcher, but I price match a lot of produce, which the savings catcher doesn't do.

Edited by ilikefree, Oct 7, 2017 - 5:46 pm.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head go for a walk out through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing. :no:

#10 Doresia  OFFLINE  

Doresia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Oct 19, 2017 - 9:26 am

My Wal Mart stopped price matching.  I would think they would continue the Savings Catcher though, since the money you get from that you have to spend at Walmart, (correct me if I'm wrong on this) whereas price matching at the store you can spend your savings anywhere.  

#11 pattycal1  OFFLINE  

pattycal1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 Posts
  • Member since 2014

Posted Oct 20, 2017 - 8:58 am

I was going to say the same thing- at corporate - they said they are rolling that out to all stores- no more price matching. They wont be seeing me very often now.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users