What did you buy? How were the crowds? Share your experiences here!

Brad

My shopping buddy and I started @ 5:45 am TG morning making our way to Kmart 9 miles away...this was not our regular Kmart as it will be closing in about two weeks, but we were brave and ventured out...we arrived @ 6:03 a.m. no line outside so we figured inside was already a mad house...nope, there were quite a few cars outside but it was not over run...best BF store experince ever...bought pillows, washcloths, 10k gold earrings, they had the $1 Christmas sock 7pm sale started already so I grabbed some of those, a couple pair of magic gloves, comforter, Frozen trouble game, $1.99 throws...

Walmart-> I was trying to have potluck dinner w/ the fam, but they are slow and were taking to long lol, my shopping buddy got there around 3 so i had her pick up 3 xbox 1 games, controller until i could get there...

3pm JCP-> I only went to pick up the coupon and I wasn't the lucky recipient o $500 or $100, just the $10, but hey, it's better than nothing...to even get the coupon you had to go through ine entrance only, they had all the other doors locked...o guess people were getting more than one coupon in years past, lol...so if tou parked on one side og the store you found out you had to go to thr other side of the store from the sugn posted on the door,didn't like that at all...

Still waiting on my fam to start dinner, but when it started approching 5pm I went up thw street to Walmart and picked up aboutn4 dvds before i found my friend, also picked up the rubbermaid containers, sheet set, $10 small appliances (crockpot, electric skillet, electric griddle, deep fryer)...we had a line holder so by the time we were done we weren't that far back and my line moved quicker than it usually does...registers opened @ 6 i was out by 6:30-6:45 the latest...

From there I took a pit stop back around the corner to my aunts to finally eat!!!! Left out arounf 8 to head to JCP...bought two oairs of woman's pjs for $10 a piece, hat and glove set $4, 2 pairs magic gloves $1.99...now i'm exhausted because I had been up for over 24 hours @ this point, yeah kitchen sink was clogged couldn't get my own TG meal done so I was up all night!!!!

Home I go for the night...

7:45 am the next morning, received a call saying my God daughter was being prepped for a c-section...so i went to home depot for the 60 pack of batteries for $10, i got there too late for the $0.99 poinsettias

I picked up 3 iPads at Meijer Thursday morning. I panicked because my alarm didn't go off and I slept until 5:20, but when I got there, there was no line for them, so they let me buy whatever I wanted. Not many people in that store at all.

Went home and cooked thanksgiving dinner for 9, and then my mom and I headed to toysrus to check on a toy for the boys. The line was pretty long waiting to get in, and this store is notorious for having crowd problems, so we ditched that and went to Walmart for sheets and whatever else. There were a lot of people, but nothing like years past. We bought sheets, pillows and I got some $3 socks for the boys. The worst problem at that store was the checker in our lane was new and couldn't figure out how to use the handheld scanner on the big items. We waited for 45 minutes to get checked out (and we're close to the front of the line).

By 6:45 we were back at toysrus and there was no one in the store. No one shopping, no line, and they still had a couple of the ride-on thing I was after, but they were pink not orange so I skipped that.

Next up was the mall. We hit Bergners and Macy's, and it was more like a crowd would be on a regular Saturday. We didn't buy anything there, and the biggest observation I have about the entire 2 days is that we saw a LOT of people walking around empty-handed.

We also hit jcpenneys (more sheets lol), menards, scheels and meijer again, and overall I didn't spend half of what I thought I would. Usually BF is a day at I will get a few gifts, but also stuff for myself, and this year I just didn't see anything to entice me. I'll end up doing most of my shopping online over the next few weeks.

Oh, and I drove past Best Buy Wednesday night and there was no one in line. I can't remember the last time there wasn't at least a few tents set up outside.

It would appear from my perspective, that in my town, BF is definitely wounded, if not dead.

Best Buy

HP 4650 Printer

Staples

2 reams of printer paper

Macys

1 sweater

1 shirt

1 collared shirt

DSW Shoe Warehouse

1 pair of black dr. scholls tennis shoes

Guitar Center

1 Keyboard

Target

1 white v-shirt

1 white long sleeve tee

Banana Republic

1 shirt

Amazon

2 Anker 2-port car chargers

1 Anker 13,000 mAh charging bank

lets see

Amazon: Various Blu-Ray/DVD, a CD for myself, PS4 game, $100 overall spent on several single transaction orders. very disappointed with them this year, in years past i got a majority of my shopping done here but this year, it took them forever to match prices of other online sales, they never matched anything from Walmart at all

Best Buy (online): several Blu-Ray/DVD combo, a couple $10 Nintendo Eshop cards, $100 overall spent on 3 different orders

Target: 1 Nintendo Wii U game, a couple DVD's, various Blu-Ray/DVD, $100 spent before GC use, $25 in GC used

Walmart, various PS4 games $15, one Wii U game at $35, various Blu-Rays, Rubbermaid set that was $7.60, electric skillet, Dog treats, crock-pot, adult coloring book, and a story book, total spent $200 before GC's, $70 in GC's used.

Game Stop: Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition for $9.99

Office Depot: 5 - 100 pack DVD-R, $14.99 each, i record lots of video so i hope this will do me for the next year at this year, 400 that i bought last year barely made it.

Staples: Amazon Echo Dot $39.99

Pet Smart, a few fish, dog treats, $20 spent

Five Below: various items dont remember it all, $40 spent

tip, if you have My Coke Rewards, you can get $10 Walmart or Target Gift Cards for under 700 points each, they add up, all my GC's used at Walmart were from coke rewards, $10 from Target was Coke Rewards, and i had already used $60 of Target GC's a couple weeks before from Coke Rewards so I had over $150 of GC's just from Coke Rewards redeems. We have 3 accounts, 1 for each person in my house and most of the points we enter are from caps that others give to us, the Points add up your only allowed to enter so many codes a week so more than one account helps.

also there is an app you can download on your phone that awards your just for visiting stores and/or scanning certain products, i only learned about it while standing in line at Target, but just using it for the past 2 days ive already earned my first GC by using it. you get 200 points for just going into Walmart, Target, Best Buy and other stores, other stores dont give points for just going but most will give you points if you scan products in the store, some even offer points if you BUY certain products, just by entering your receipt details. app is called shopkick

How have more people not liked this post?? I wish I could like it 3 times!

Thursday

17:00 - Finished Dinner out with the fam; contemplated heading to Shopko (cat litter and a few other random things), Target (Finding Dory), and Kohls (to use my $10 off $10, since already shopped $250 of stuff online), but instead went home and relaxed and maybe go later

20:00 - Kids were settled in bed and I didn't even really feel like going out anymore, so I decided to leave early on Friday and see what was left.

Friday

4:25 - Alarm goes off and I head out

4:50 - Get to Shopko and they are out of cat litter, so I just leave (took them a few minutes to determine there was none left, so I assume it was a different crew from when the stores opened on Thu)

5:00 - Kohl's is right next door, so I go there next. Planned to get DW workout tank; got 2. Couldn't pass up the 4.99 toaster after rebate. By then, I was committed to getting another $30 sale price to get to $58, resulting in $50 after 15% discount. So, got another pillow, 50% off Dockers, and a candle.  $15 KC back. Waited 30 seconds to check out.

5:25 - Left Kohl's heading to Menards (the line grows exponentially after 5:30); I was about 75 in line; easily 300+ by the time the store opened at 6:00.  I got everything I wanted there with a few last minute decisions not to get a few things on the list. Checked out at 6:35 with minimal checkout lines.

6:40 - Went to PetSmart and couldn't believe how dead it was...and then realized they didn't open til 7:00 (doh!). 1 person was in line. I decided the next 20 minutes would be more useful seeing if by chance Finding Dory was left at Target

6:50 - Got one of the last 12 copies of Finding Dory on Blu-Ray; $5 after $5 off any purchase coupon in the mail.

6:55 - #25 in line, easily get a cart, 4 pails of cat litter; $35.96 & enough to get me $5 in Holiday Bonus Bucks. Checkout was simple as I was up to the checkout less than 5 minutes later.

7:15 - Minimal drive to Home Depot. Store had been open for over an hour. They had free coffee and donuts in the entry (didn't want to stop in case I could still get my deals). Got 4 poinsettias (2 for us, 2 for neighbor), 3 packs of batteries (60 for $9.97), and Spade bit set. Easy checkout.

7:45 - Farm & Fleet; Washer fluid & Extension Cord. Easy Checkout.

8:00 - Grocery store (needed a few things)

8:15 - Home, and cooked breakfast for the fam, who had been up for about 15-30 minutes.

I was able to get absolutely everything I wanted and waited at a total of about 10 minutes at ALL THE STORES COMBINED. That was an incredibly uneventful BF and really got what I wanted hassle-free.

• Like 2

I have to say this is a year where we had a pretty good balance of things bought online and in store. None of the stores where busy at all when we got to them. We actually have shopped off and on in store and online all long weekend and will continue to do so today. Still need to get our daughters 1 big gift for her.

I stayed up till midnight Wednesday night and had all my items in my cart on Walmart website. Took me a few times to refresh but was able to snag 3 DVDs, skillet, sheets and 21 piece prep set. Got on old navy but when I went to check out,may items were disappearing from them getting sold out. I went to Walmart with my family around 5:00 and got everything there that I went for. The crowd was bad but not as bad as in years past. One cashier literally cut her light off and said she was done and not ringing up anymore customers. I'm pretty sure she quit. Afterwards, I went home and slept til 1:30 and got up and left to head about an hour away for all my other stores. Here's all that I got

Walmart

2 chrome book laptops

1 handheld battery charger for car

1 pack of sheets

1 pack earbuds

1 fisher price toy

1 pack socks

1 box of Rubbermaid containers

1 leap pad infant tablet

Target

1 life proof case (taking this back though. I paid $80 for it and it was on Amazon today, cyber Monday, for $30)

1 men's dove gift

1 women's shaving gift set

1 women's shampoo/conditioner gift set

2 little einstein infant toys

1 pack boy boxers

1 swifter jet refill

1 infant Christmas outfit

1 nose trimmer (stocking stuffer)

2 king size pillows

1 pair yoga pants

1 DVDs

Ultra

Dry shampoo

Old navy

1 pair pants

1 infant outfit

3 shirts

1 pair pjs

1 necklace

Belks

3 hoodies

4 shirts

1 pair pants

1 outfit set

1 pair house slippers

I went out the next day (Saturday) and got a lot at the outlet mall and then more today on cyber Monday. I still have a few more times to buy including stocking stuffers too.

We went out Sunday and I couldn't believe how many BF items were still in the stores. Target had TVs everywhere, Meijer still had most of their clothing deals, Menard's still had tons of stuff but they had raised some prices. I did get the Bluetooth earbuds and the infrared heater there.

I have to say my 19.00 printer is beast on line at best buy came today. Several movies on line best buy a video game, then Walmart on line Daughter got the 55 inch TV for ,my elder building so we wouldn't have to fight the crowd, and the wall mount, 2 box sets and three movies. 

Normally we start at walmart this year we started at Penney's bought some clothes for both daughters and son then on to Gordmans for a couple pairs of yoga pants, blue jeans, and picture.

Younkers next a pair of boots, and a waffle maker

Then on to Walmart 2 blue tooths, some movies and a couple of games. 

Target Finding dory

Steak and shake for pick me up 

then on to another walmart for few more movies and a infer heater.

Friday pets smart for kitty litter, a coat and 2 sweaters for Phoebe, plus training treats 

Beauty brands 2 hair sprays and 2 dry shampoos 

Ulta nothing I bought 

Lane bryant daughter bought work clothes 

Petco I bought nothing 

Friday night Kohls a 3.99 travel cup 

Saturday another walmart and 3 7.00 adult coloring books. 

I did go to K-Mart on line and to K-mart Thanksgiving morning where my big purchase was a 19.00 heated throw 

Edited by Illinoismom

After 3 DG trips (only 1 planned) went to WM at 5. They only had 30 sets of the PW cookware set, there were 100 people crowded around them by 5:10. I skipped those, not worth it when they start pulling police off towel guard duty to keep order! Maybe next year I'll get my new pots and pans. Got everything else on my list and came in under budget. They had all the palleys unwtapped but weren't letting people take anything til 6. Though a few of the employees started letting people take clothing earlier. Heard one of them getting in trouble, manager walked by. Management was actually walking the floors. I waited by the power pack I wanted since they only had 20, then got everything else on my list. Older sister got a wristband for the Hatchimal. She got back over there fast to pick out which one she wanted, her daughter only wanted the green Dragle. The employees in charge of the Hatchimals said be back by 6:10, we aren't saving them past then, people want these too much. Other wristband items were an hour or two. Most people said the cookware should have been a wristband item too. Still busy but not as bad as I've seen it before.

Went to Barnes and Noble and Walgreens on Friday. Barnes and Noble was crazy! And we went in the late afternoon! Walgreens wasn't any busier then usual.

My parents went to Harbor Freight for me and got DH's welder. They said it was a madhouse. Dad spent more there then Mom did at WM. And he grumbles about me plotting BF so far in advance.

Fun day, counting down to next year and planning how to budget better so I have more to work with.

I had a great experience, here is what I got:

Walmart In-Store:

Mario Edition 3DS for $99 (I was first in line for this)

Twilight Zone DVD Season 1 for $7.96

Clock for 9.99

Pyrex set for 19.99

Sheets - 2 sets for $25 each

Twister Board Game - $8.88

Underwear - $3 a pack - bought 3 packs

I did miss the drones for $30, they went fast

JcPenny In-Store:

Scarf for .99 - was on sale for $10.99 (normal price is $30) - used my $10 coupon

Purse for $14.99 - was on sale for $24.99 - husband used $10 coupon (normal price was $70)

Necklace for $10.99 (normal price was $24.99)

Hat for 8.99 (normal price was $19.99)

Game for $4.99 (normal price was $40)

Scheels In-Store:

NFL Hoodies for $24.99 - bought 2 (not sure what normal price is, maybe $40-$50)

NFL socks for $4.99 - bought 2 (normal price is $10.99)

Got a free stuffed dog - it was a good sized stuffed animal too!

Hot Topic In-Store:

Funko Pops - Buy 1 get 1 1/2 off - bought 2

Gordmans In-Store:

Boots for $13.99 (normal price was $19.99)

Cookware for gifts - $30

Shirt for $15

Tank top for $3.99

And I got 15% off everything on top of this

Amazon online:

Video game for $30 - was $35 at Walmart, but coudn't find it in-store

Kohls Online:

Big blankets for $8.99 - bought 4 (normal price is $39.99 per blanket)

Yetti in my spaghetti game - $7.99

Children's Place Online:

3 sets of pajamas - $12.99 - normal price is $24.99 each

Pants for $9.99 each - normal price is $19.99 each - bought 4 pairs

Man...I'm sure I missed something, but overall had a great experience!

• Like 2

Kept the tradition alive and had a great BF with my dad. I headed out early Friday morning around 4:45 and met up with my dad at Kohls. There was a decent amount of shoppers but when we went to check out there was NO line. I have never walked right up to a register at Kohl's before [emoji15] My dad got a few flannel shirts and I spent $4.41 on flannel pj pants for DH. Then it was off to JCPenney, which was much busier. My dad got socks and pajamas with his $10 off $10 coupon and I got two bed pillows with my two coupons (one in the mailed and one in store) that brought them down to $3.23. The lines were very reasonable, only 5 deep or so. We walked across the parking lot to Target. We didn't have anything we were looking for in particular but it's not BF without a trip to Target. I picked up the last blu ray of Finding Dory on a whim but ended up giving it to a mom 5 minutes later when I saw her desperately scouring the displays. Karma paid me back for that by letting me stumble on the last Qwirkle game in the store, which for $10.25 after tax was my one and only impulse purchase of the day. We went to Joanns next and we had fun watching the crowds there but walked out empty handed. Then it was next door to Petsmart which was a lot of fun people watching (we got there 20 minutes after the doors opened). The line went all the way to the back of the store and my dad was amazed at all the pails of kitty litter people were pushing in front of them on the floor. While there my dad managed to get 5 in a row and won our BF bingo game. Next was Lowes where my dad got some tool accessory and then observed the huge display of $0.99 poinsettias. He brilliantly suggested those might be good for my coworker gifts so I grabbed 16 of them and for a total of $17.11 I got everyone at work crossed off my list! On our way to Michael's we call my mom and DH to tell them to meet us at the diner at 9:30 for breakfast. That gave us just enough time for my dad to grab some photo boxes and me one skein of yarn for $2.44 before meeting everyone to eat. I walked away having spent a mere $36.26 on my purchases which made my bank happy and great memories that made me and my dad happy.

My dad won the BF bingo game I organized so breakfast was on me, but it was totally worth it. We had a great time and my dad has already made two suggestions for the bingo board for next year [emoji3]

Edited by budgetsRsexy
  • Like 5

Not much shopping this year as we made an unexpected trip out of town.

Went to a Walmart about 1 pm on Friday and the place was a ghost town. There were still pallets of electronics, dvds, and household door busters. Picked up the Sanyo bluray player, 2 blurays, toddler pajamas, and socks.

On Amazon picked up two of the $33 Kindle Fires and a Firestick.

Sent from my SM-T217S using GottaDeal mobile app