Is it me or do the ads suck this year?

gatorburg

We're spoiled because everything has been on sale everyday for so long.  Make your list and watch the ads.  If your item comes up at, near, or below the BF price, avoid the crush!  It's late enough now that you can price match, return/rebuy, or otherwise adjust prices.

We're spoiled because everything has been on sale everyday for so long.  Make your list and watch the ads.  If your item comes up at, near, or below the BF price, avoid the crush!  It's late enough now that you can price match, return/rebuy, or otherwise adjust prices.

I agree with this...we are beginning to find a few things on our list at good prices so we won't have to try and get them on Thanksgiving Day in the crush...

anyone else waiting up all night to see if any of the big ads get released after midnight?

I'll just be up at 5am CT and check then.  Off to bed, soon.  We could have sirens on the app that could notify us of the ads posting.  DW may kill me if that goes off in the middle of the night, though...

• Like 3

anyone else waiting up all night to see if any of the big ads get released after midnight?

I will be up for a while and help type if one comes in shortly after midnight Eastern time.

As for the offerings in the adds so far, I wouldn't say I am too disappointed, but I am just looking for less this year.

Yeah, it's not a good sign when the ad I've been most jazzed about is Macy's. I just bought the BB2 suitcase for my son on Target.com for the $25 price (we'll be traveling on Christmas day, so it's a perfect gift for him). Other than that, I am not sure we'll be going to Target. I may pick up a couple of other small things online if they show up with the ad price.

I think it feels so lackluster for me because my kids are getting older... its been 4 years since I got go to barbie shopping. :( and I am such a GREAT gottadeal shopper... they already have all the cool stuff!  But yeah, most excited about is the 4.99 slippers a walgreens! LMAO

• Like 6

I have to agree with you Lusha, i really dont think the ads suck but as you said kids are older now, so character pjs and  and animal shaped hats arent on the list anymore. Can only buy so many tvs and gaming systems so really what is left? Gift cards for food, gas cards, movie tickets? I find it harder and harder each yr to fill the tree. Its kinda sad :(

• Like 3

I often think about that when our kids get older, but I still think about our friends having kids now and it'll be perfect that I can still shop for all these BF deals but for other peoples' kids :)

It's fun when grandma says she wants to shop for my DS and wants to get this bike and this monster machine set and some extra monster machines and the bike goes on sale for $10 and then I end up getting all of that, plus 2 extra trucks and all for LESS than the sale price of the bike.

• Like 1

I think the whole black friday ad thing is fading. Its all about online sales and deals. Social media advertising. Its all about getting the best deal like Walmart is doing with having a good deal for a month like the iPad mini deal. And the weeklong sale like Amazon does and other will copy this year like Target.

It's just not the same. I am a child of the 60's. When I was a child it was service merchandise, Sears, Penneys, wards catalogs. We looked thanksgiving ads, and went shopping on Friday with cousins and aunts. Only women went shopping and men watch football games. My dd is grown and due the week of Black Friday. Here is no big present maybe next couple years, will be fun.