Roll call of who our early birds of August are...

Peppermint

If you don't count Christmas itself (which falls on Friday this year) then - yep - that's right... and only 13 until it's Black Friday! Man this year has flown by!

That's scary for me this year haven't been able to put any money back.Hubby has been real slow at work and is making less money then ever.

I'm waiting for it to really take off and all the holiday talk to get started. I love the movie threads and the recipes and all that. Thanksgiving, Christmas has ALWAYS been my favorite time of the year.

I'm also waiting for the call to go out for helpers lol.

Edited by Kanyon71
  • Like 2

I'm waiting for it to really take off and all the holiday talk to get started. I love the movie threads and the recipes and all that. Thanksgiving, Christmas has ALWAYS been my favorite time of the year.

I'm also waiting for the call to go out for helpers lol.

There was a thread by Brad asking for help on the main BF forum page. :)

I always check in before the end of August.  This should be an interesting Christmas shopping season.  People have been talking about all the drones being imported.  Is this on anyone's shopping list?  Is anyone still shopping for PCs?  Windows 10 is supposed to boost performance 20-30% on the same hardware.  I haven't felt that, but I haven't played any games since upgrading.  Amazon is supposed to release a new streamer.  Apple too.  Anyone care?  Anyone going to fork over $200 for Apple TV?  Is this the year of wearables?  Anyone shopping for an iWatch?  

I think we are going to be talking about TV again this year.  With the demise of plasma and 4k hitting its stride, we might see some really irresistible deals.  Looks like there may be a new TiVo lineup coming for Christmas.  I expect to see eye popping 4k demos in the stores as well as 4k discs and players.  

Cord cutters may want to check into the TiVo OTA RIGHT NOW as TiVo is offering one for $300 with lifetime service.  Last year Channel Master put their DVR+ on sale for $175 shipped.  Expect that again this year and look for Sling TV on that box as well.  

Anyone shopping for a new phone?  Nothing exciting in the mobile arena except that data is getting cheaper and contracts are going away.  We switched from Verizon to AT&T last BF.  Got three new phones, $150 credit per line, 15g of shared data, and rollover minutes for $140/month plus the cost of the phones.

I have to go work on my haiku!

Ok ik what a tivo and dvr are but what does tivo stream and from where?What is the purpose of buying a dvr for $175 versus ones cable compants offer? Just wondering if either of these is something my son might like.Thxs for ur help :)

I've been here for the past few weeks checking in and reading all the comments! I love this site and even more this time of year!!!  I've gotta get serious about buying for Christmas though.  I kinda want to wait until BF for all the great deals, but when I do that, I end up spending ALLLL of my weekends from then until Christmas doing nothing but shopping b/c there's so many people that I buy for and can't do it financially all in 1 weekend (nor the energy to do so).  I'd like to have atleast 1 weekend in December to just enjoy the season and watch movies and bake lots of goodies.  I usually get 1 Sunday to do all of this so I'd like to enjoy it more.