Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

Brad

I would suggest getting the Kinect Bundle if you are going to get the Xbox One. Although the main reason would be for the games, it also unlocks tons of cool features with the Xbox alone. We use the voice activation a ton with ours. Simply tell the Xbox what you want to do and it responds, ei. turn on, turn off, watch tv, play a movie, and much more. There are also a bunch of free Kinect games and demos that can be downloaded through the Xbox Marketplace. This requires Xbox Live which is included in some of the bundles being offered.  

• Like 1

I would suggest getting the Kinect Bundle if you are going to get the Xbox One. Although the main reason would be for the games, it also unlocks tons of cool features with the Xbox alone. We use the voice activation a ton with ours. Simply tell the Xbox what you want to do and it responds, ei. turn on, turn off, watch tv, play a movie, and much more. There are also a bunch of free Kinect games and demos that can be downloaded through the Xbox Marketplace. This requires Xbox Live which is included in some of the bundles being offered.  

I totally agree. Whenever my 18 month old wants to watch tv, he looks at us and says, "XBox On." It doesn't work, but gosh, it's adorable. (And maybe a little horrifying, but mostly adorable!) :-)

Plus, if you think you'll want any type of fitness or dancing game, you need the Kinect. No way around it.

I am thinking about getting the XBox One for my children for Christmas.  We have a basic Nintendo Wii and I'm thinking it's time to upgrade since they don't seem to be making Wii games anymore.  I am looking for some advice on who has the best deal (hoping to buy one online rather than having to go into a store).  Also, is there a difference between the Kinect version and the regular version?  Thanks!

It really depends.  The best deal I have seen with a Kinect is the Best Buy Assassin's Creed bundle for $429.  You are essentially getting an extra controller and kinect for an additional $105.  Just be wary of Kinect.  Microsoft has seemingly abandoned it a bit with their push of consoles without kinect.  There are not many games that are using kinect.  Don't beat yourself up too much if you choose to go with a version that does not include kinect.  Most people are opting for this version also. 

Ended up getting the Xbox One for $329 at Kohl's. Spent a few more dollars and ended up with $105 in Kohl's cash. Which to me makes it $225 for me, because my wife will spend that Kohl's cash anyways. I picked this up Friday morning, 12 hours AFTER Kohl's had opened. I guess most don't thinly to look for games at Kohl's. Actually I think it was one of the better deals. Target had a $50 GC, but I think I still came out ahead, lol.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone think they'll have a deal on the two new Pokemon games that just came out a couple of weeks ago?  I'm nearly done with my shopping so the in-store deal that TRU has for buy 2 get a $25 GC doesn't appeal to me...

HELP!!!! My son originally wanted an Xbox One, so that's what I got him...he just updated his FB about the PS4 exclusive rights to Street Fighter (one of his favorite games). Are there any deals? Is it too new to have deals? Help a mom out...please...

Edited by theboyzmom

HELP!!!! My son originally wanted an Xbox One, so that's what I got him...he just updated his FB about the PS4 exclusive rights to Street Fighter (one of his favorite games). Are their any deals? Is it too new to have deals? Help a mom out...please...

The Walmart deal someone mentioned earlier is a good deal.  It includes a $50 walmart gc that you can use to get a game, extra controller, etc., and it includes a free downloadable game (he has to choose between Destiny, Far Cry 4, NBA 2k15 and LittleBigPlanet 3). 

Gamestop still has a deal (online only) for the black friday bundle (includes GTA5, the Last of Us), and includes the camera for free.  It's a better than their black friday deal.  

These 2 are great deals. 

• Like 1

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone think they'll have a deal on the two new Pokemon games that just came out a couple of weeks ago?  I'm nearly done with my shopping so the in-store deal that TRU has for buy 2 get a $25 GC doesn't appeal to me...

Toysrus.com has them buy 1 get 1 40% off now.