Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2014

Brad

My Target seems to have more toys that they are clearancing that are mixed in with what has been reset and they are only at 30% on those right now, they have pulled some of those to a separate section and salvaged some of the others that they pulled earlier in January, so not really sure what's going on with that. I found a Sir Tophamhat for the wooden Thomas the Train set clearanced for 30 but mixed in with all the take n play trains.

When do they start clearancing the big packages of things? Will they clearance the big packs of pull ups? We're potty training right now and I would love to stock up on those if they will be clearancing them. Thanks!

Camping definitely went 70 off. I got a 10 person tent on Tues. It only had a 50% off sticker on it but when I scanned it, it was already further reduced. There were several 10 person tents and also 12 person tents for 70 off also.

I also got a sleeping bag, camping pillow, lights and flashlights.

I just went to my favorite Target, and they were closed! Like closed forever closed. :( I was so sad. They had the most helpful employees, but also the best clearance. Guess that was the result of the poor performance they closed for. My closer Target seems to have about the same traffic, but maybe more is being bought. Dunno, but it's sad.

VDay is variable. Stores with lots left have everything, including candy, 70%. Stores with little left are 30/50/70%.

Vday was 50% everything yesterday.

Bulk markdowns have begun.  30%-50%.  Laundry detergent, diapers, toothpaste, shampoo, cleaning supplies, some food (power bars, cereal)

Lots of markdowns in domestics.  30%-70%.  Rugs, linens, bath, wall art, furniture

Was this this morning? I checked our stores, and there was no movement.

Was this this morning? I checked our stores, and there was no movement.

Yesterday (2/17).  Was very pleased, as I usually miss the bulk markdowns.  Got laundry detergent (seventh generation 150 oz.) 50% off, dishwashing detergent (finish gel pacs/3 box pack) 30% off and toothpaste (colgate 3 pack) 30%.

Edited by txsupermom

Valentine's 90% here today/ 70% v-day candy. Tons left here.  No "hidden" finds, except heart shaped cake pans.

I hoped to find that seventh generation laundry detergent at 50% but it wasn't marked down at all here :(    Did find Tide marked down 30%.  

Hmmmm....our bulk, including Tide, is holding at 15%. Making me crazy.

Vday 90/70 here too. One hidden find in the toys, is the Sofia First (I think that is the right name) figures. They had them in Vday and they are the same figures as the regular aisle, but the plastic bubble part of the packaging has a heart shape to it. If you see those in toys, they are 90%.

Does anyone know/remember when bulk gets marked down?  Is it the same day as the item's normal department, so would the bulk shampoos get marked down on Wednesday when the regular health & beauty gets marked down for example?  Trying to figure out when to go back to check the stuff I want that is still only at 15%.

Valentines salvaged at my store.  One of the head guys (not sure of his title) was ringing me up and was quizzing me about where I found the few things I had that were valentines.  He gave it to me cheap but was really trying to figure out how I found anything still on the floor.  (really)  I did find two really cute teal blue green desktop lamps 70% off.  Most of the sheets and stuff still holding at 30 and 50 off.  Even the flannel ones that have been 30 off for several weeks now.  Our bulk stuff still mostly 15% off.

Valentines salvaged at my store.  One of the head guys (not sure of his title) was ringing me up and was quizzing me about where I found the few things I had that were valentines.  He gave it to me cheap but was really trying to figure out how I found anything still on the floor.  

My stores must be working much harder to find the holiday "floaters".  This was the worst holiday clearance I've experienced with regard to finding random items.  Easter should prove to be interesting.

Found three 150 ounce tides on clearance for 1/2 price... 8.98 ea. Also had some coupons to use so they ended up being 7.98 ea. Best deal was a Chi flat iron with a mini flat iron bonus included on clearance for $50! Bought a couple still a few left. This is ward pkwy.

http://img3.targetimg3.com/wcsstore/TargetSAS//img/p/14/84/14845511_201309172001.jpg

No bulk left at my store either. They have got the whole area reset with patio stuff this week. I found a few of the big softsoaps in the laundry section or whatever but still 15%. I have been stalking the pots and pans and tons of stuff is on clearance this week. Everything mostly 15%. There are kitchenaid and giada pan sets for 15% off. Right now there is a Calphalon pan/pot set that was just marked to 50%. I have been stalking this and hoping it goes 70% within two weeks. It is $100 right now so I'm hoping people will go for the cheaper sets! 

No luck on the dyson vacuums. They both disappeared around 30% off. 

• 2 weeks later...

My store didn't have any mops left.  Not sure if they pulled them?  I did see a few brooms but they were still just 30 off here.  There were a lot of beauty items marked 50 and 70 off today.   They did mark the bulk soap 70 off but I didn't need any.  (that's the only bulk stuff my store had left). They were resetting a lot of departments today.  Boxes all over, carts all over, pallets all over.  (and I usually don't see that at Target like at Walmart)