XM Radio....Need Advice

amandasdennis

Want to Get Satellite Radio, but am totally ignorant. Want to be able to move it around. I would like to have it at home, at work and in the car. Would also like to be able to afford to eat. Have been given the song and dance at Best buy and am smart enough to know that I don't need to sell a kidney on the black market for satellite radio. Does anyone have it? What do you have? Are there any great deals out there that y'all have taken advantage of over the past few days for a great system?

I bought the Delphi by XM for my DH for Christmas. I bought it about a month ago and wish I would have waited, the same one at buy.com is about $30 cheaper than what I paid. I think he will really like it because this one is portable - you can use it in the car or at home or with earphones anywhere. Of course, I haven't gave it to him yet, so I don't know if it is as wonderful as I think it is or not. Good luck!

DH and I both have the Delphi Roady 2's in our car. He use to have a MyFi until he dropped it.. grr. Once you're signed up with XM, you can stream it through your computer... I'm sure it's the same with Sirius. But, you don't have EVERY channel through the computer, just the main ones.

We went with XM over Sirius because we liked the look of the units, and the fact Opie and Anthony are on XM (dh loves em). I'm doubly glad, because we're moving to Alaska next year (Alaska and Hawaii are the only states not covered), and XM just signed a deal to allow broadcasting in Canada! So we should have coverage in AK too!

DH and I both have the Delphi Roady 2's in our car. He use to have a MyFi until he dropped it.. grr. Once you're signed up with XM, you can stream it through your computer... I'm sure it's the same with Sirius. But, you don't have EVERY channel through the computer, just the main ones.

We went with XM over Sirius because we liked the look of the units, and the fact Opie and Anthony are on XM (dh loves em). I'm doubly glad, because we're moving to Alaska next year (Alaska and Hawaii are the only states not covered), and XM just signed a deal to allow broadcasting in Canada! So we should have coverage in AK too!

I am sorry...I have to ask a reallly stupid question...what is DH? Also, I have found that I really like the look of the XM units too.

Be careful with this. By getting the free one, you check a box that says the you are an employee that was authorized to receive it free. If you are found to not be an employee, you will be charged for the receiver. Read the fine print.

Search this code on the site you'll find commentary on it or google it for the same... xmbbxm03

Goto: https://espromotions.xmradio.com/xm/

Enter code

FREE SkiFi2 (many other available but this is the best for free)

+ FREE Car or Home Kit

+ FREE shipping

Six month commitment, three months up front... got mine yesterday!

I have had XM radio for about 9 months now, depending on which receiver you buy, it may come with a home kit. Mine did not but I bought it for $30 at Circuit City. I am now able to use in my car, listen free online at work, and use at home with kit. We now use the home kit anytime we have parties so we don't have to burn cds or listen to the radio.

hope I helped some.

Guest outrbanx

If you have DirecTV, around 72 XM stations are now broadcast in the 800s. Great way to try it out. I have been listening quite a bit lately.

Good stuff.:gd_pineap

I bought a couple of the Delphis at Target a few days ago for $29.99 each. My wife and I have not yet decided if we are going to take the plunge.

I have had XM radio for about 9 months now, depending on which receiver you buy, it may come with a home kit. Mine did not but I bought it for $30 at Circuit City. I am now able to use in my car, listen free online at work, and use at home with kit. We now use the home kit anytime we have parties so we don't have to burn cds or listen to the radio.

hope I helped some.

THat's what I was wanted to do, but I didn't know I could stream it though my comptuer. I work in a huge building and worried about being able to beam the satellite.

Be careful with this. By getting the free one, you check a box that says the you are an employee that was authorized to receive it free. If you are found to not be an employee, you will be charged for the receiver. Read the fine print.

Sort of. It says you are an employee of the retailer OR "if you are not authorized to redeem this offer." So there are those that are not employees that are still authorized.

Plus, the codes have been floating on the XM fan sites and deal sited since 2003 and I've yet to read a story that shows a person getting charged.

But, it's always good to know there is that possability. Worth it to me though... I'll let ya'll know if I get charged. Until then, I LOVE my free XM!!! :gd_devild

I've had XM for almost 2 years now (xmas present). I got it for my car for the lonely trips in Utah (no radio stations for 4 hours) and those trips across western Colorado where reception is staticy in the canyons. Mine came with a car kit and for my birthday I received the boombox as a gift. I love it and can take it anywhere (the boombox has a plug or can use batteries)! The only problem is, there are so many channels to choose from I don't know which one to pick. Not sure where the best deal is, but I know I sure wouldn't give mine up for anything.