Decorating - Too soon?

lilij

Oh, that sounds like fun...go for it!! My neighbors across the street have already decorated and it looks great!! I'm considering putting ours up this weekend also. It takes us about 8 hours to decorate and I'm all shopped out and need to rest for a while on Saturday after the big black Friday shopping excursion.

Oh, that sounds like fun...go for it!! My neighbors across the street have already decorated and it looks great!! I'm considering putting ours up this weekend also. It takes us about 8 hours to decorate and I'm all shopped out and need to rest for a while on Saturday after the big black Friday shopping excursion.

Hey no :no:

<--------see, I'm allshopped out, that's me :g_laughin

OMG i wish i had my camera with me today.I was driving and i pass this house that was all decked out.Has been for about 2 weeks now.I mean really really decorated.So you think wow that looks nice.Well his/her neighbor must of been competing because the house next to them was also decorated with underwear.The wife must of done a load of whites(laundry) and hung them all out on her front porch.Socks, underwear,t-shirts.I almost ran off the road when i saw this.I was LMAO!!!Im goona ride by tomorrow and if the laundry is still there i will post a pick.You will die when you see it.

Well things have been at a standstill here. :holiday09: I did some grocery shopping, a little bit of present shopping...a ton of laundry...but no inside decorating and time is ticking away.

Was planning on doing the tree in gameroom first, it is smaller and where my kids are alot and so I thought that'd be nice for them.....but we have a household issue going on in that area that needs taken care of before I do the tree **sigh** I have the boxes and everything down from attic and ready but can't do it.

Nothing down from attic for upstairs because I hate to bring all things down at once, too much clutter.

So just a teeny bit annoyed at my situation...that is why I am on gottadeal, reading about deals and posting and ignoring my situation... :rolleyes:

Whew! Got all of the outside decorations done! Almost....just have to get a 4-5' atrificial tree to put in a flower pot w/ clear lights. Oh and replace a lightbulb in an electric candle in my window :D Inside decorations start this week!

I had a burst of energy. 6 hours later the tree is up and decorated, porch is decorated, christmas village is set up, and stockings are hung. I think that'll do it for this year. The kids are still young enough that I don't want to pull out too many things for them to break. For the rest of the week I will be using any free time I can find for wrapping gifts. The tree looks lonely without them.

I had a burst of energy. 6 hours later the tree is up and decorated, porch is decorated, christmas village is set up, and stockings are hung. I think that'll do it for this year. The kids are still young enough that I don't want to pull out too many things for them to break. For the rest of the week I will be using any free time I can find for wrapping gifts. The tree looks lonely without them.

woo hoo, that was a BURST of energy :) Good for you. I am ahead on wrapping and behind on the decorating LOL

DF left again today thanks to the military so I had him decorate the outside yesterday and some things inside that I couldn't do. We are getting a real tree but not til the 12th so our friend will help me with that. I am having a small baby shower at my house Saturday so I plan on decorating and cleaning all this week.

Weather in South Jersey was beautiful yesterday so we did all the outside decorations and then we decorated the tree ( I had put it up late Sat. night) and hung the garland over the fireplace. Now I just have to hang stockings, as soon as I can find new ones that I like.:holiday02

I might be able to get some stuff out on Saturday (band is marching in 2 parades that day) - out of town on Sunday - that leaves me with the next Saturday 12/11 as I don't get home during the week until it is dark outside.

so when does it get to be too late to decorate?

My husband usually works on Thanksgiving, so the kids and I like to pull out the decorations once we get dinner cleared away. We had the flu this year, so we started a little on Thanksgiving, did some more on BF, then finished off on Sunday. I love the atmosphere that it provides, so I do it then to enjoy it for as long as I can. Of course kids always love it too---even the older ones do, though they aren't so outwardly excited. ;)