Nintendo Wii $199 Starts Sept 27! @ ToysRus

angelic680

I just ordered one from Dell 2 days ago, and it's not here yet, do u think they will give me a price difference on it if it comes on sale next week sometime? I debated so much becuz of the rumors I had heard that it was price dropping but went ahead and ordered it anyways becuz my sons birthday is Sunday and wanted it for that, but as it stands anyways it's not going to be here till Monday..So w/ my luck it's now going to be late, and watch it price drop to $199 next week..I will be so P.O.'d! ugh.

REDMOND, Wash., Sept. 23, 2009 – Beginning Sunday, Sept. 27, the world's most popular home video game system gets even more appealing. On that day, Nintendo's suggested retail price for its record-setting Wii™ drops by $50 to $199.99. The new $199.99 Wii price point delivers the full iconic Wii gaming experience, including the motion-sensing Wii Remote™ controller, Nunchuk™ controller and Wii Sports™ software, and furthers Nintendo's mission to expand the gaming universe by making video games accessible to more and more consumers.

Link to article HERE

Nintendo has officially announced that the price of the Wii will drop to $199.99, effective on Sunday. The long-rumored $50 price cut comes in the wake of recent price drops for the PlayStation 3 ($299, with built-in Blu-ray player) and Xbox 360 ($299 for the 120GB version with built-in DVD player and Netflix support), which have boosted sales of the Sony and Microsoft consoles. (To date, the Wii remains the best-selling home game console of the three.)

Other than the price cut, there are no other changes to the current Wii bundle--you're still getting the console, along with the Wiimote and Nunchuk controllers and the bundled Wii Sports game. By contrast, there's at least one rumor that the U.K. will get a Wii package that adds the MotionPlus peripheral and Wii Sports Resort to the mix. Meanwhile, white remains the only color choice in North America (Japanese consumers can choose black as well).

Nintendo also took the opportunity to officially announce the release date for New Super Mario Bros. Wii, which had previously been slated for a vague "fall 2009" window. The multiplayer Super Mario game will hit store shelves on November 15.

If ONLY we could get the sexy black Wii ;)

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/bto/20090714/blackWii.jpg

Anyone know what it says is Free with purchase beside it??? My mom is going to buy one on Sunday and need to know if it's worth the trip to TRU or just hit up the local Walmart?

from Amazon.com:

Celebrate Sunday's Wii Price Drop with Savings

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/promos/coins_qmark_75._SL75_V231337965_.gifIf you are considering a Wii, you might like to know that the price of the Wii console will drop to just $199.99 starting at 12 AM PST, Sunday, September 27, 2009. Come back when it does and celebrate your purchase with surprise savings on some of our best games and accessories for Wii!

(not to mention free shipping and no Tax! ~$20 here)

Read somewhere that Nintendo dropping the Wii to $199.00 is in a direct response to the Xbox being dropped to $299.00 but also that with certain rebates that I don't recall where I saw, you can actually get the Wii for extra $20 off. Not sure if it's possible to use with this Toys R' Us discount since the $199 price is not really a Toys R' Us exclusive price drop.

I will post the $20 coupon if I can find it again!

I just ordered one from Dell 2 days ago, and it's not here yet, do u think they will give me a price difference on it if it comes on sale next week sometime? I debated so much becuz of the rumors I had heard that it was price dropping but went ahead and ordered it anyways becuz my sons birthday is Sunday and wanted it for that, but as it stands anyways it's not going to be here till Monday..So w/ my luck it's now going to be late, and watch it price drop to $199 next week..I will be so P.O.'d! ugh.

I would call them ASAP and tell them!! Make them adj your price....I have a friend who is doing the same thing.

ITs $219 @ Dell right now if u Use $30 off Dell Coupon Code N4ZVL$MQSSFGT8 [Exp. 09/30] FREE SHIPPING.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A0764619&cs=19&c=us&l=en&dgc=SS&cid=39715&lid=1003774

Best thing to do is put one on layaway til the price drops then pick it up....LoL

I think Walmart and Kmart both have layaway

Edited by angelic680

Amazon.com will be the best way to go imho. Like an earlier poster said, no tax and free shipping.

Still some left, and if you get a free t-shirt ... use the code 930354 you get $10.00 off ...see below~ HURRY!!

If you missed out get teh flyer and bring it to walmart to price match it!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2908496

Merchandise Subtotal: $ 199.99

$10 OFF a $100 ToysRUs purchase!

(Details) -$10.00

Estimated Shipping and Handling:

Based on ground shipping within continental U.S. $9.99

Sales Tax:

Tax will be added at checkout $0.00

Estimated Total: $199.98