Ticket System at Walmart

BGndr

Have a family member that works at WM and she stated that you will have to wait in a line for any items on the Black Friday ad. There will "line monitors" and you will only be allowed 1 fifteen minute potty break for your spot to be held. She said they are under strict orders to have all walkie-talkies fully charged and not be lenient or lax concerning any rules.

Doesn't sound like the least bit of fun to me and we are seriously conisdering not even going to WM for the first time in many, many years. She said they are taking it very seriously this year and many employees are already dreading the nightmare.

Welcome to the community and thanks for the info!

Have a family member that works at WM and she stated that you will have to wait in a line for any items on the Black Friday ad. There will "line monitors" and you will only be allowed 1 fifteen minute potty break for your spot to be held. She said they are under strict orders to have all walkie-talkies fully charged and not be lenient or lax concerning any rules.

Doesn't sound like the least bit of fun to me and we are seriously conisdering not even going to WM for the first time in many, many years. She said they are taking it very seriously this year and many employees are already dreading the nightmare.

I have a hard time thinking they would do that at our store....highly doubt it actually. There has never been any sort of order, and never needed it either. We'll see though!

That pretty much has been the case at our Walmart but found out this morning from hubby who works nights that our store is doing the ticket system this year for the big items. Ours will also be doing the line up for the pallets. So now I won't be going to Walmart cause I refuse to have to stand in line for each item. Hopefully if there is anything I want, I can get it online.

We have never had any problems with disorder at ours either but she said the rules came straight from Corporate and were distributed across the board. They held meetings with strict instructions.

I told her I couldn't imagine this is true and she said then just come see it....who knows. If it is, I know we will not be waiting in line for all of the individual items. We forgot to ask her if there was going to a limit on the number a person could get if they were in line.

My friend works at a WalMart in PA. They had "crowd control" training this week (because of the death of the security guard on the east coast last year). There WILL in deed be a separate line for each of the "hot" items. So, if there are 10 "hot" items, there will be 10 individual lines spread around the store. There will be employee by each item. She said there will be tickets for the hot items, and when the tickets have been given out for how many of each item they have, the line will be cut off. This is to prevent the line jumping and the pushing. Unfortunately, it will also not allow you to be in line for more than one hot item at a time.

Also, the tickets will have bar codes on them and also the serial number of the actual item (so if you purchasing a Tv, the serial number of the TV will be on your ticket) so that was when you pay for it at the register, they can offer you the additional warranty if you want it. Then when you go to pick up your tv, you get the actual tv that matches the serial number. Like the last post, this does mean you can only be in one line as you can not leave the line even after you have your ticket. Walmart hired 8 people from the company that organizes the Olympics. Apparently the week before you will be able to go online and pull up a map of the store you are planning on going to and they will show you were in the store the lines will form for the item you wan.

I work for WalMart and yes a ticketing system will be implemented for the big ticket items. At our store, we will be handing out tickets for the tvs and other big items, you then pay for it, and pick it up at the Garden Center. They are just trying to keep mobs of people from trying to grab and drop tvs, etc.

Also I think we will have to be wearing neon yellow vests so we stand out. Was in the managers office the other day and saw two boxes full of them for "The Event"

Still hoping I can snag a black friday ad sometime soon so I can get it sent out, screw the legal department. They are just cowards

I work at Walmart and I am under the impression there will be several changes this year to ensure the safety of all customers during the event this year. Most if not all Wal-Marts are adopting some sort of ticket system in addition to que lines.

I will admit I am a tad disappointed in some of the online sales though. Guess I had my hopes that the Nitendo DS would drop a bit in price, but it is the same proce as last year.

I just hope that they do not require you to pay for each big advertised item as the Walmart I went to did last year! :no: There were orginzied lines all around the store, however, you had to pay at each line for your item. That really held up lines when someones cc or check didn't go thru, or someone standing there counting their money. It held you up from going to another line to get another item. I ended up on line for over 45 minutes just to pick up & pay for a GPS system :eek: My sister was on the camera line, that was the worst! There were those that wanted to "view" the camera, there were those that were purchasing the camera.. and you had to wait.. for each person. That line was at least 3 hours long! I left her and went to another store totally, came back & she was still on the darn camera line! She got her camera & by then, everything good was gone. We swore that we would not do Walmart again if they were to have that same operation set up. We went to the one in Lake Buena Vista (Orlando) Fl. Then when came home, I asked my Walmart if they did it that way & she said no, they had pallets of all the items, with a line. The were workers handing them the items and off they went.. to another line for other items & were able to pay for everything at once. I hadn't planned on doing Walmart this year, but maybe I will email or call to see what their set up will be. If like last year, they can forget me. I am not into waiting to get one item and then to late for anything else!:eyepoppin

I just called the Wamart that I plan on going to (if I go) and the gentleman that I spoke with said he wasn't sure what their plan was for BF. He said that he "thinks" all electronics will have to be paid for back there as usual, but not sure if like last year, individually. He said he hopes not :yup: so even workers there weren't happy last year...

If they are that way, I will walk right out! I do not care how good their deals are. What good are good deals when you can only get "one" deal since by the time you get off that line, the other deals are gone :yuck:

Thats when you have several peope with you for each line

yeah, if I was home to do it.. but it is me & my sister. We meet in Orlando Fl. I live in SW Fl and she lives in NE Fl.. we have taken our kids, but it is hard for them to do it.. last year they were 16 & 12..

Beside, how do you give them the credit card to charge with :no: I do not carry cash that day.. I charge everything in the event I were to misplace my wallet.. I can just call and cancel my cards ;) Too hectic for me to carry cash then.

My aunt works for a local Walmart and was told that this year, they will be going to a ticket system similar to BestBuy. Her store is a small one in Southeastern Illinois, and I figure if that small of a store is going to the ticket system maybe they all are? Have any of you heard anything like this?

Usually the higher end electronics and hardest to find items are done by tickets. Unfortuneately where I am by the time they give out the tickets the employees got half of the tickets for themselves so I don't bother going for ticket items at Walmart. Since your aunt works there, ask her to get you the tickets you want, unless her store is more honest then mine. Limit 40 usually means only about 15 actually get to the customers. 20 go to the employees and 5 are reserved by the manager for herself and her family. Sounds like BS but I've personally seen it, and when I contacted corporate they didn't care and ignored me.

I am sorry but if an employee was to get a ticket while they are on the clock working they would be fired that is not allowed. That would be shopping on the clock. Believe me employees do not get tickets and things are not held back for them as that would also be means to be fired.

Also peeps so you stand in lines this year. How did you get more then one thing last year or any other year. You go to the thing you want most first then when you got it you went to where the other stuff was and if there were any left you would get them. How does this new system make it anything different for anyone who goes shopping except that it will be more orderly??

Guest smikmaisey

Our local store in small town Kansas has always done a hand written, tear off notepad type ticket for larger limited quantity items such as desktops, tvs, etc, primarily for space and theft prevention in the store. You stand in line, get a ticket, take your ticket to pay with your other items and then a stock person brings it to your car. There is never any rushing to grab a tv box, and no worry about a stack of anything falling over or being mauled.

I am told that this year there are four such "ticket" items, but no specifics on what those are...last year, they did the tickets only for the desktop computers and PS3 bundles...

Also, the tickets will have bar codes on them and also the serial number of the actual item (so if you purchasing a Tv, the serial number of the TV will be on your ticket) so that was when you pay for it at the register, they can offer you the additional warranty if you want it. Then when you go to pick up your tv, you get the actual tv that matches the serial number. Like the last post, this does mean you can only be in one line as you can not leave the line even after you have your ticket. Walmart hired 8 people from the company that organizes the Olympics. Apparently the week before you will be able to go online and pull up a map of the store you are planning on going to and they will show you were in the store the lines will form for the item you wan.

this sounds like it would apply to the 24 hour stores, what about the 5 am opening stores? They certainly cannot maintain 10 or more separate lines outside the building, can they?

And what about the not really big door busters, like the toys, pillows, that kid of stuff?

That thing about the serial number can't be right. Imagine the log jam if the dock workers having to dig thru the stock to find the match with your ticket serial number to box? There's no way. Logistically a nightmare, and it welcomes unruly people who will be antsy to get what they paid for and get on to the next store.

I am sorry but if an employee was to get a ticket while they are on the clock working they would be fired that is not allowed. That would be shopping on the clock. Believe me employees do not get tickets and things are not held back for them as that would also be means to be fired.

Also peeps so you stand in lines this year. How did you get more then one thing last year or any other year. You go to the thing you want most first then when you got it you went to where the other stuff was and if there were any left you would get them. How does this new system make it anything different for anyone who goes shopping except that it will be more orderly??

It didn't take me as long to get something and get on to the next item. By the time the line moves on one item, the rest of the bigger items will be gone. Our store gets packed, lol.

I'm curious to find out if we'll be lining up for toys and clothing as well.

I'd like to know about this too, since this is the stuff I'm usually after!

I wonder if there's any chance they'd do the toys and other stuff on pallets similar to how I've heard one of the toy stores (KB? TRU?) does-- one long line (maybe 2- one on each side of the pallets), going single-file past the pallets, then WM employees beside each pallet to hand items off and hopefully keep ppl from taking all of something?? Probably wishful thinking, but a girl can dream, right?! :rolleyes: LOL

I'd like to know about this too, since this is the stuff I'm usually after!

I wonder if there's any chance they'd do the toys and other stuff on pallets similar to how I've heard one of the toy stores (KB? TRU?) does-- one long line (maybe 2- one on each side of the pallets), going single-file past the pallets, then WM employees beside each pallet to hand items off and hopefully keep ppl from taking all of something?? Probably wishful thinking, but a girl can dream, right?! :rolleyes: LOL

This is my big question too, these are the only things that I go for and I don't want to have to wait in line for them that would be crazy!

we rarely are going for the big ticket(tv laptop dvdplayer) but if i have to pick which line for the 10$ toys i will be ticked. Yes the crowd in the door is the worst part but maybe thats where they should have the cops...let people in 10 at a time like KB used to

the 1 item per person is just idiotic and WILL hurt WMs BF sales i feel

we rarely are going for the big ticket(tv laptop dvdplayer) but if i have to pick which line for the 10$ toys i will be ticked. Yes the crowd in the door is the worst part but maybe thats where they should have the cops...let people in 10 at a time like KB used to

the 1 item per person is just idiotic and WILL hurt WMs BF sales i feel

We mentioned that to our store manager, but he disagreed. I think his point of view is that there are enough people shopping at wal-mart that they will be able to move all their items. He said you will have to choose which item you want and which line to stand in. If you need more than 1 item, you need to bring a friend.