Dora links doll

sydmel

I had heard they were trying to make Dora more appealing to older kids, but hadn't seen the toy yet.

Ugh, it's expensive. Why is it when I hear "doll" I think "inexpensive"? :)

Target.com has it for $59.99 and ToysRUs.com has it for $49.99.

Dora Links Doll

Plug the Dora Links doll into the computer via USB, and girls will have access to her online world. Girls can help Dora and her friends solve the mysteries through engaging game play that affects change in Dora’s world. The Dora Links doll offers interactivity that allows girls to customize the doll and watch as she transforms before their eyes. As girls explore and solve the online mysteries,the doll’s speech, eye color and jewelry color can change to correspond with their play.

I doubt we will be getting it. I told my girls THREE gifts each only. They already requested American Girl, Build A Bears, and zhu zhu pets. Besides, I cannot keep up with all of their online accounts as it is..webkinz, club penguin, buildabearville, shiddonni, star doll, shining stars, raz-kids..etc etc. ..

It doesn't come out until 9/29. Will the stores have them that date or just on-line. I am planning on going to Wal-Mart when they open at 6 am to get it but I don't want to waste my time if they won't have them out yet.

It doesn't come out until 9/29. Will the stores have them that date or just on-line. I am planning on going to Wal-Mart when they open at 6 am to get it but I don't want to waste my time if they won't have them out yet.

I preordered mine in store and it is supposed to be available in the store 9/29 according to the card.

My Walmart had this doll on display. Its really cute and does a lot of interactive things on the PC (Her eyes close, cheeks light up, talks and hair changes). After seeing the display, my daughter requested it. Im sure this will be one of the hot holiday toys.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive checked it out on walmart.com & amazon.com ; and I think Im gonna pass on this for dd7. But if someone's dd happens to play with it before Christmas, I would live to hear about it.

Just bought it today and My DD5 LOVES IT! I find it kinda creepy lol the hair grows and her eyes change color!

But shes been non stop with it since lol