Any Halloween stuff anywhere yet?

50sjayne

Thanks for the responses, we didn't have time to go to the dollar tree here last night-- they always have great stuff. We did go to big lots and they had some-an aisle's worth, Walgreens had a little, Costco had a giant bat for $26 that was cool. We spent too much time at Big Lots but I got some great stuff, crocs for $12, all 24 episodes of Joey for $6 and the first season of Night Court also $6. We did get some Halloween stuff there too- a Dracula's pub sign that lights up, was the highlight and a black kitty pumpkin at Walgreens. Seems like stores have stuff out here-- just not a lot yet and Target doesn't have it's stuff. I haven't been in a Walmart :yuck: for 5+ years so I don't know if they have stuff or not.

Thanks for the responses, we didn't have time to go to the dollar tree here last night-- they always have great stuff. We did go to big lots and they had some-an aisle's worth, Walgreens had a little, Costco had a giant bat for $26 that was cool. We spent too much time at Big Lots but I got some great stuff, crocs for $12, all 24 episodes of Joey for $6 and the first season of Night Court also $6. We did get some Halloween stuff there too- a Dracula's pub sign that lights up, was the highlight and a black kitty pumpkin at Walgreens. Seems like stores have stuff out here-- just not a lot yet and Target doesn't have it's stuff. I haven't been in a Walmart :yuck: for 5+ years so I don't know if they have stuff or not.

Hmmm....I think I hear someone with a juicy Wally World story to tell LOL

Hmmm....I think I hear someone with a juicy Wally World story to tell LOL

Nope-- I loved Walmart, really mised it at first but when you look at the big picture of what it is and what it represents- I could no longer go there. The documentary High price of Low Cost sealed it for me. I cannot support those business practices and their extreme anti union stance. I realized after awhile that if you are a good shopper- you can find things for the same price or cheaper on sale elsewhere and I don't miss the type of white trash customer base I got tired of rubbing up against there. I'm not saying I am so highbred myself-- proud descendant of Missouri white trash here-- it just kind of disgusts me how people completely ignore what is really going on with that company-what it is doing to America-- for a few pennies savings.

I agree 50sjayne. Due to my employment at Walmart I am able to support myself, own my own home, have 2 cars (one brand new, the other 3 years old) in my driveway, a retirement account, profit sharing, discount on hotels, theme parks, cruises, etc..., an insurance policy that pays 80% of medical bills (if they go over $5,000 my insurance covers 100%). I sure wish I had a union representing me like GM and Chrysler. I am soooooo jealous of Chrysler and GM employees right now.

Hope you recognize sarcasm!!!!

Edited by mtsuboy
forgot to write last phrase

I had heard they have improved the insurance lately and that is great. I also like the fact that they are going greener. Plus the low cost generic prescriptions are awesome. I hope they keep improving. But these things alone are not enough to entice me back to their store. My brother worked for Walmart and could barely support himself, his wife and child were on welfare--it's how they got insurance. Your personal anti union stance--well a whole 'nuther can of worms for a whole 'nuther message board. :2roller:

to stay on topic:

Halloween candy should be set at Walmart next week. Decorations, etc... the week after next.

Glad I live in the US. We have choices where we work. If we CHOOSE to marry and have kids we need to have the funds to support them. If you're skilled only for retail and don't have a lot of resources ($$), don't make babies. Remain single. Don't blame the employer.:eyepoppin

Found some great stuff at St. Vincent De Paul yesterday, I've been looking for more outdoor stuff and found 2 plug in plastic things-- a big handsome pumpkin and a tombstone with ghosts coming out of it-- really cute for $10 and $5. Found a Similiar thing at Goodwill last week. Scored husband a Nightmare Before xmas shirt for $4 at St. Vincent.

• 2 weeks later...
The Lowes in Arnold, Mo already has its Halloween stuff on 50% clearance. Not much left after the employees got their hands on it first. They only had one end cap of stuff left. All the other Lowes in the area are down to the same inventory or less, but they are not clearanced yet.