How is K-mart on Black Friday?

ChristmasShopping

I haven't been to KM on BF in several years... this year will be 7, I think. It was a complete MADHOUSE! I live in a tiny little town and our "big city," which is about 15 minutes away, has a population of 21,000 and very few stores. (WM, KM, a new Walgreens, Fred Meyer, & Big Lots) I think that's why it is SO busy- not enough stores to spread people out. I've been driving an extra hour to go to a real city for the past several years, but they don't have any KMs there.

However, like several others, I love to go to Kmart on Thanksgiving. I get up before everyone else and go stand in line (last year I got there 45 mins before opening and had about 25 people ahead of me).

I don't go there for anything big... I usually buy Christmas socks, maybe a couple DVDs, a couple of little stocking stuffers, a few Christmas decorations... but mostly I go because its like stretching before the marathon the next day... it really gets me pumped about BF! Plus, its one of the only times I get to go shopping my myself. Dh stays home with the 4 kiddos and I get to wander around for as long as I'd like. MIL watches the kids on BF so DH and I can go together, but there is no wandering on BF! Then I come home in a good mood and start cooking Thanksgiving dinner! I LOVE it!

• 2 weeks later...

The deals are unbelievable also people don't know that on Thanksgiving

day, they have alot of great sales just as good as black friday, so I shop both days.

How is K-mart on Black Friday? How are the deals?

I haven't lived in an area that had K-mart in 10+ years but will soon be moving to an area that has 3 within driving distance.

Any good deals to be had?

I normally do the Wal-Mart, Target and small store shopping on Black Friday.. I leave Best Buy to the pros.... LOL!

kmart and meijer on thursday are thee best!! sometimes better than bf...i was at kmart last year at midnight thursday morning to be first in line...hell no one came til an hour before they opened...crazy me...even tho i was first there i was like 4th in line i was only there for a bluray player and was the first person to get a ticket for but by the time i got to go get it..they handed one too many tickets out...but they did right and found one at another store ( or ordered one...lol), and about a week later i got my player and for the sale price...which actually worked out better that way...but just a disappointment that morning...but i had a blast with the doorwarmers...such storytellers :D

Does the Thanksgiving ad usually come out the Wednesday before or on Thanksgiving morning with all the other ads? I know it will be posted here first, I just want to make sure I have a print copy in hand. I almost never shop Kmart, but I have one right around the corner and usually can find a few good deals on T-Day before I start cooking

Kmart's thanksgiving day sale is always good, I always go there every year and there is always a line, but everything runs smoothly (they give out tickets for the big ticket items), all checkouts are open, therer is always someone around if you need them and no body is pushing or grabing stuff from your hands.. Kmart does there sales the right way and every store should take this as an example and do the same way. Nobody gts hurt at Kmart.

My mom and I drove up to KMart last Thanksgiving at 6 am and the line was huge - at least 100 people at opening. We decided there wasn't anything we needed that badly and went to Wal-Mart instead to price match the dvd's we wanted.

I have noticed that KMart here doesn't have much stock of the items on sale either and they don't restock their shelves as much either even on the normal grocery/household stuff.

Kmart's thanksgiving day sale is always good, I always go there every year and there is always a line, but everything runs smoothly (they give out tickets for the big ticket items), all checkouts are open, therer is always someone around if you need them and no body is pushing or grabing stuff from your hands.. Kmart does there sales the right way and every store should take this as an example and do the same way. Nobody gts hurt at Kmart.

Your Kmart needs to talk to ours, there is always a rush to electronics only to be standing there waiting because they haven't put the stuff out yet! This has been the case for the last 5 years!

I have found that Kmart does not have most the items in stock anyway, so I just pricematch at Walmart. I do stop at Kmart after I have finished my other stores for some of the clothing items. They usually have a good deal on some of the kids clothes on BF>

• 2 weeks later...
Last year I purchased what I wanted the day before the Thanksgiving day sale and then returned after my Thanksgiving day meal and got a price adjustment. I purchased bogo Leap Frog toys and a Cozy Coupe and some other toys and had no problem getting adjustments. I'm glad I bought what I wanted beforehand because I didn't see any of what I had purchased when I returned the next day. I had to look just to see. And it was pretty quiet in the store at that point so I walked right up the CS and got my money and returned home.

I usually do my shopping at Kmart on Thanksgiving Day because the deals are usually better then and so far it has not been extremely crowded. You are better off to price match at Walmart than to go to Kmart BF. Usually Walmart has some of the same stuff at a better price anyway..:)

The closest Kmart to us is about an hour away and it is not in our line of stores that we usually shop, so it is easier if we price match.

I went to Kmart on BF last year and had many problems. Things were not ringing up the advertised price. I caught one thing at the register, had to go to customer service for another and then I noticed when I got home that something that was supposed to be some% off actually was charged more than the regular price. They didn't have enough lines open. So if you go:

1. Check for advertised stuff in aisles

2. Expect to wait in long lines

3.Watch the register closely!

Good Luck!

I usually go to Kmart on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday, but I never try for big ticket items. In my experience, Thanksgiving is usually busier than BF. The biggest problem I have with Kmart is that finding the sale items is like searching for the Holy Grail. They have some serious issues with stocking...and it seems to be that way at every Kmart I've ever been to.

okay, so I have a question for you guys. I bought my dd a regular DS (lite I think?) a month or so ago when it was on sale at Target for $99. Kmart on BF is going to have the DSi for $169 including 5 games.

So should I return the DS I bought, hold on to the money & apply it to the DSi at KMart? Is it too risky? It sounds as if their stock issues are so-so on BF...

Thanks!