Do you think Black Friday '09 will be better, same or worse than in years past?

HansieDZ

Do you think it will be less, more or equally crowded this BF then last BF?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it will be less, more or equally crowded this BF then last BF?

• LESS
    • MORE
    • EQUALLY

I went to Michael's last year. It was great. Not as crowded as the other stores but great deals all the same. I have an artistic son and they had just what I wanted. Maybe we could get a list of all the stores that are excited and co-operative with the site, so we can patrionize them. I for one am more than happy to help a store that helps me.

I went to Michael's last year. It was great. Not as crowded as the other stores but great deals all the same. I have an artistic son and they had just what I wanted. Maybe we could get a list of all the stores that are excited and co-operative with the site, so we can patrionize them. I for one am more than happy to help a store that helps me.

I agree. I love Michaels especially for Christmas crafts. I will definitely be going there on BF. I would also like to shop stores that are cooperative with this site.

Is it that time of the year again. Personally last year went by much quicker. It was my first time at bestbuy. There were alot of people there but I didn't have a problem getting what I wanted, mind you I was first in line lol. But anywho, im not worried.

Although, I wouldn't be suprised if the deals are lack luster this year. I think my best hope is for some good blu ray disc deals, or a netbook deal. Not much else I would be in the market for.

In the 5 years I have done this, black fridays have progessivly become not as exciting.

Edited by Klownicle

This is a question that gets posted every year and truthfully BF will always disappoint some people. I think it will be the same as in the past were there will be good deals on certain things and other things will be left out and some people will think it was the worst BF ever while others think it was the best and so forth.

With the state of the economy I think there will be a wider scope of deals on mid-priced items and everyday use items (small electronics). People, like last year and the years before, will probably be disappointed in the lack of selection in TVs and computers b/c those items are so broad.

I partake in BF foremost for the tradition aspect, with my mom, sister and aunt, but we always tend to leave with a car (or two ;)) full no matter the range (or lack of range) of the deals.

I hope it's better. The past two years just haven't been that great for me. I don't know if it's because the deals have been lacking or I just have not been in the market for what seems to be really popular sales items. Either way I'm wishing hard for some of those Black Friday's of years past where I come home with my car packed to the brim!!

I am basing my assumption on school sales. Schools sales were down. Only necessary supplies were bought. I think Christmas sales will also be down. I think kids will go back to the old days of getting 1 or 2 things from Santa rather than a whole tree full of toys. I could possibly be wrong. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I expect the sales to start much earlier. I got a laptop (not a netbook) for $240 this summer. I expect to see these kinds of prices return as soon as the kids get back to college.

I've seen a few great deals on TVs already. GPS deals have been as low as $50. The PS3 has just dropped and I guess the x-box will follow. Blu-ray movies are as low as $10 already.

With prices already so depressed, I wonder what it will take to get people out of bed.

I just like shopping on BF and hope to get whatever it is I am looking to buy. If not, I will still enjoy the thrill of it! Now as for the sales, I hope they will be better but I am thinking it could be worse I've read stores aren't keep much on the shelves/inventory, therefore not as much to mark down?? But holiday season is different so only time will tell.:eek:

BF has been a joy for this lass since she has been a teenager (even b4 adverts really). Mr. Brad, thanks for the heads up btw (the e-mail sent out, Brill, cheeres Luv..). And the good news that stores are contacting you in advance about wanting to welcome BF, this is good news as well. Am looking forward to BF this year, just to enjoy the ANNUAL Event. Thanks for this SITE!!

Cheeres!!!

• 1 month later...

I hope it's better. The past two years just haven't been that great for me. I don't know if it's because the deals have been lacking or I just have not been in the market for what seems to be really popular sales items. Either way I'm wishing hard for some of those Black Friday's of years past where I come home with my car packed to the brim!!

That is exactly my feeling also! I just want to be able to make my dollar stretch to the max this year...:yup:

About the CVS question...The thanksgiving deals are great there. I had 5 pages of how to best group items to get most from rolling the ECBs over and over on top of each other we spent about 50$ at the end of the day there and got easily 400$ worth of stuff (including an mp3 player) Last month DH bought deodorant for the first time since then...they had his preferred brand for 99c so any time I needed to add a few dollars to an order to burn up more ECB I added them so ended up with ALOT of it LOL

2 years in a row the "hit" toy has come from CVS as well. They will have toys b1g1 or some deal on them and at the end of all the HBA ECBs i use the remainder for the toys. 2 years ago they had the table top crane machine that we ended up running to gas station Christmas day for more batteries cause not only the kids but every adult in the family had a blast playing with it. And last year was the ATM bank. DD *STILL* has all her money in it and carries the ATM card in her purse LOL

I am of course hoping for stellar deals on everything but agree last few years since it went from a core bunch of die hard shoppers to main stream the deals have waned. I dont know if its the media hype or the economy. I say this and still always manage to drop several hundred bucks so how bad can sales be LOL

I always make Michaels a stop anyways as the craft stuff is excellent for stocking stuffers and for things for DD to make as gifts. Also they usually have a 50% 1 item coupon and we usually get DD a breyer horse set with it and nephew a Thomas train with another one. These are items that rarely are sale items so the coupons work great for them

• 3 weeks later...
Do you think the economy this year will determine how busy BF will be? Being so many people lost their jobs this year I'm predicting that BF this year wont be as crowded as past BF simply because people can barely afford bills not alone Christmas shopping. However, it could flip, and this BF could be extremely crowded for those who CAN shop for BF will def. take full advantage of the sales to save money. What are your thoughts? Do you think it will be more crowded then last year, less crowded, or equal?

Do you think the economy this year will determine how busy BF will be? Being so many people lost their jobs this year I'm predicting that BF this year wont be as crowded as past BF simply because people can barely afford bills not alone Christmas shopping. However, it could flip, and this BF could be extremely crowded for those who CAN shop for BF will def. take full advantage of the sales to save money. What are your thoughts? Do you think it will be more crowded then last year, less crowded, or equal?

I think it will be more crowded because of the economy. Lots of people will be out there hunting for a great deal. I know, I waited on more items this year, because my husband had to take a paycut when his company downsized. I am usually finished with my shopping (pretty much) by now and only buy things that would be great stocking stuffers for DS on BF. I am usually on the hunt on BF for my cousin because he is divorced with 4 kids and has no idea what to get the 2 girls, and of course needs to save money himself.

I think it could go either way. A lot of people will be broke, but then again those people will also be the ones looking for the best deals. With my husband and I being laid off this year we are definitely spending less, but I have been saving for quite some time. So even though we are spending less this year I will still be out black friday trying to get the best deals.

I think that it is really going to depend on what the deals are going to be. Like every year electronic's will be big, if there are really good deals expect people out there who don't normally go. I am hoping for the best. I start my shopping on Thanksgiving Day thanks to Meijer.