Do you think Black Friday '09 will be better, same or worse than in years past?

HansieDZ

Do you think it will be less, more or equally crowded this BF then last BF?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it will be less, more or equally crowded this BF then last BF?

• LESS
    • MORE
    • EQUALLY

I fretted over BF '08.

I worried that because of a slow economy,more people would be out looking for the killer deals and therefore potentially less out there for me.

Then I considered that because it was a slow economy,maybe less folks would be out there because they had less income.

As it turned out, I went with my same attitude as always, and that is

"if I get the deal fine; but if I don't then it wasn't meant to be".

I hit all the stores I wanted,even Target at 10 a.m. and ended up with just about everything I went for!

I kinda worried for nothing.

It looks like the economy might be on the upswing so am wondering how you all feel this year's Black Friday will be?

I didn't think the deals were all that spectacular last year,but I still managed to spend a couple hundred that day ;)

I have the same mentality about it that you do.... "If I get the deal I do, if I don't I don't" I have waaaaay too much fun on BF to get my panties in a bunch just because I missed out on a deal. hehe

I have been wondering the same thing about what this year is going to be like. It sorta seemed to me last year that even though the economy was going down the tubes the ads for the most part didn't really reflect that.

This year I am really hoping there will be some spectacular deals since consumer spending has just about come to a screaching halt imo. These stores are hurting and need to motivate us with super deals to get us out there and spend our money.

We'll see :)

I dunno I mean you had a fiasco over free chicken at KFC this year. Will BF 09' be full of unruly mobs and unruly behavior? My only concern is the behavior of others. If the economy is still sluggish will people be more apt to shove and be rude over a BF item? I hope not!

I think it may be worse as there will be more ppl looking for a bargain. My main concern is with Circuit city out of the picture electronics seems like a best buy only in my area and unless i can get online that means at the very least lining up at 10 pm the night before.

I think it may be worse as there will be more ppl looking for a bargain. My main concern is with Circuit city out of the picture electronics seems like a best buy only in my area and unless i can get online that means at the very least lining up at 10 pm the night before.

Good point (about CC going out) but they are still online and personally,I think WM will be adding more tech stuff to their BF ad.

I've already got the itch to see the ads and it's still a long way to go.

Someone needs to do a countdown to BF!

I really see a lot of people saying lets wait to see the deals at christmas for alot of products.

So I think it will be knocked down/ drag out at walmart and best buy.

I will be doing cvs(12:01 thanksgiving if it's like in the past), Walgreens, and probally target (dh works there and get 10% off).

We had Midnight Madness as usual a couple of weeks ago. Got some good deals. The attendance was WAY down from prior years. I could walk around in the stores and the lines were not bad at all. Maybe people are not going out shopping even when there are really good deals.

I will say that we've never been contacted by as many retailers so far in advance for any other BF as we are this year.

Just yesterday Michael's (arts & crafts store) contacted me to see how they can be a part of the site this year.

So stores are definitely counting on BF to help sales this year. While the bigger stores like Walmart might not be as cooperative, we're expecting lots of help from the small-to-mid level stores (and hopefully they'll send us a bunch of stuff to give away to you guys too!)

I will say that we've never been contacted by as many retailers so far in advance for any other BF as we are this year.

Just yesterday Michael's (arts & crafts store) contacted me to see how they can be a part of the site this year.

So stores are definitely counting on BF to help sales this year. While the bigger stores like Walmart might not be as cooperative, we're expecting lots of help from the small-to-mid level stores (and hopefully they'll send us a bunch of stuff to give away to you guys too!)

That is AWESOME. Hopefully they will get the ads to you early cause I am itching to see some ads already.

I normally don't touch Best Buy or Walmart on BF. I go to Target, then Kohls, then the mall. I started at 5:30 AM last year and was done at 6PM. I have a feeling it will be crazier this year with people not working, but I think it will be later in the day not first thing in the morning. Unless they are die hards like us.

Last year was the first time I went online for gifts. With myself doing that, I did not have to cram five stores in two hours. Bought everything I needed online, except Wal-mart. Got everything on my list and at BF prices. Total paid for shipping? $4.99 Simply marvelous!

we should embrace these stores (especially the ones that have been cooperative throughout this site's occupancy)

love michaels! (wouldnt be a first store to go to on that day, but later in the day for sure!!)

I will be doing cvs(12:01 thanksgiving if it's like in the past), Walgreens, and probally target (dh works there and get 10% off).

Does CVS usually have good deals? I have never looked at the ads for them on GD before because there wasn't one anywhere near me but one just opened here about 2 months ago so I'm curious...

I think there will be some good deals...but I also think stores will have less stock...they do NOT want to get stuck with leftovers in this economy (you can see it with back to school stuff now...they just aren't as stocked as last year...at least around here)

last year I went with my typical "this is fun and if I get deals, great!" attitude...this year...dh lost his job and money is scarce...IF I get to go out...I will be more desperate (no I won't be rude; pushing/cutting lines), and I expect I won't be alone (especially here in Michigan)

Im gonna be optimistic and hope that it'll be better. Last year was ok for me, so Im hoping to see some good ads this year.

I think Walmart will be my 1st stop again this year. Last year was the 1st time I went to Walmart at all on BF. It was not as bad as I thought it was gonna be.

YAY! I will make a stop at Michael's just because they are supporting this site. Last year I decided not to stop there because I was just too tired - I will make sure to stop in this year no matter how tired I am! :yup:

Well, generally, I just stroll into a store and buy the items that aren't door buster items, like last year, I got a dvd binder and a free tote bag from half price books. Then I'll check out amazon.com and the i'll hit up the mall. There is always some item of clothing I want every year lol. This year, I probably just check out amazon.com and go to the mall. ^_^