Is this the year of the $99 netbook? Sorry No

EliteABombAZ

• 2 weeks later...

If you are looking for netbooks this year, you need to be very careful about what operating system is installed on them. There is one netbook that will sell between $99-$119 on Black Friday but the operating system is Windows CE. Windows CE is NOT compatible with XP, Vista, or Windows 7. It is the operating of PDAs, cellphones. although it is an instant-on device with great battery life, the web browser is severely crippled and productivity applications are virtually non-existent.

buyer beware!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone remember the details on the netbook office max is having black friday, i remember seeing it would be $119, but it went away before I could go back and get all the specks. Thanks.

Im not sure if we are aloud to talk about this ad as it was pulled.But i will tell you the price is $149.99(as stated in ad) and also if you skip on over to the BF Office Max thread someone has posted the link to OM website with that computer in it and it shows the specs.HTH.

If you're looking for a netbook, skip Black Friday and just go ahead and purchase one of the Intel Atom netbooks available on NewEgg or TigerDirect for $200.

Or if you're not married to the small form factor, get the $200 laptop from Walmart. It's not a bad machine for the price.