Rechargeable batteries?

I am looking for rechargeable batteries for my Wii controllers. Does any one have any that are any good? I keep finding mixed reviews on them. The charging station people are saying only last about 4 months and it has ruined some controllers from getting to hot. Between my kids and the kids I am babysitting I am buying batteries like crazy.

We've been using Energizer 2500 rechargeables in ours. I can't tell you how many hours they last, but much longer than regular. It is worth the extra cost. You can charge the batteries in a wall charger.

I just bought new ones for my camera and they are Duracell 2650- maybe newer/more power, I don't know.

I bought the nYko charger off amazon that came with battery packs that you switch out with your old backs. I've had it about 6 months with no problems. I also use the energizer rechargeables. They run about $11 for 4 but they are worth it. I've had those in my digital camera forever without charging them. The Wii will suck batteries faster but the I think the rechargeables are your best bet. HTH.

Can I charge any batteries in the recharger? Or does it have to be the Duracell in the Duracell charger?

I have the energizer brand charger and batteries but you can charge any brand of battery in the charger. The nyko charger has it's own batteries that it comes with and you can only charge them in it. You just set the wii remote in the cradle and they charge.

I bought the Rayovac Hybrid (see amazon's post HERE) specifically for my Wii remotes. These are ready to use out the box and drain slowly when not in use vs. other rechargable batteries. They can also be charged using any charger (says so right on the packaging) and just so happened to be the best value batteries at Walmart and Target.

A review on Amazon:

"The Rayovac Hybrid rechargeable batteries are excellent. I have 3 small children, so we have lots and lots of toys requiring batteries. These work great in Wii remotes too. In fact, my original reason for buying these was that the Wii remotes were burning through batteries quickly since we were playing all the time.

I was spending a small fortune on traditional alkaline batteries. After reading an article about these batteries, I started buying them (Wal-Mart). I now own 24-28 of the AA size and 8 of the AAA size, and they've already paid for themselves. Too bad they don't come in C and D sizes. They do take a while to recharge - I've never timed it but it seems to take about 6 hours."

Mine take about 4.5 hours to 6.5 hours from near dead to full. Plus this is a great way to GO GREEN!

I have those Rayovac ones too! LOVE THEM :D for Wii !

I also have Duracell and Duracell 2650 and the 2650 lasts long too (must be like a hybrid) can't complain about them either. I use them on everything, especially TV Remotes, PS 2 Remotes as well as Wii.

I use different batteries on different chargers (out of carelessness, lack of time) and they all seem to have charged in the past.

. I am not sorry I went with rechargeable (at some Gottadealers recommendation this Winter when I posted a thread about Wii charging stations) I definitely think it is the way to go--

and then you have no station sitting around in addition to the PS systems, the Satellite box, the Wii, etc etc.

Good luck

We use the energizer rechargable ones (green) 2500 mAh and have the wall and car charger. It only take about 15 minutes to recharge drained batteries. After years of use some don't hold a charge as well but that is to be expected. We use them in the WII and try keep a bowl of charged ones on hand in case the batteries drain out while playing the WII so it is a quick change. Sam's club seems like the cheapest place to get the charger with multipack of batteries. Sometimes Menards has the batteries on sale and if you have a coupon it works out even better.

I agree with the other posters to get the rechargeable. I had an old wall charger lying around from some generic walmart rechargable batteries, and it works perfect to recharge the energizer green ones. If money is on your mind i would suggest just getting a generic charger and the brand name batteries. I am scared of buying one of those wii remote bases incase it does overheat or ruin the remotes. This way ive just got to change the batteries, not worrying about replacing expensive remotes too.

I agree with the other posters to get the rechargeable. I had an old wall charger lying around from some generic walmart rechargable batteries, and it works perfect to recharge the energizer green ones. If money is on your mind i would suggest just getting a generic charger and the brand name batteries. I am scared of buying one of those wii remote bases incase it does overheat or ruin the remotes. This way ive just got to change the batteries, not worrying about replacing expensive remotes too.

Yeah thats why I was going to go with the rechargeable batteries instead.

Thank you to everyone for the replies! I am stopping at the store tonight on my way home to pick some up.

• 3 weeks later...
So I never went to get one and we are in need of batteries again, lol. I am going to order a charger tonight but not sure what to get? Need it for AA and maybe AAA, reasonably priced. Which one should I get? There are so many, lol.