Toys R Us - Rewards R Us

When the holiday shopping season began, I signed up for TRUs Rewards R Us program.

We shopped a ton and earned 2 or 3 of their rewards certificates. I realized today this we never received them in the mail.

So I called their customer service line, only to be told that b/c I didn't call before the promotion was over, they cannot reissue the certificates. :confused:

I followed their rules, I shopped, used my rewards card and entered the other reciepts into the system if I didn't have my card with me at the time. B/c they failed to send the certificates like they should have, and I didn't know to call before the promotion was over, I don't get them.

Does this seem wrong to anyone else?? Granted, we're only talking about $10-$15 here, but still. I feel like they had the promotion and should honor the terms of giving them to the customers that earned them.

Has anyone else not received any?

Go online to their website to make sure they have all your information correct. Its probably to late for the Christmas time promo, but they do have another one running now. If you forget to give them your rewards card, you can add receipts to that also.

Go online to their website to make sure they have all your information correct. Its probably to late for the Christmas time promo, but they do have another one running now. If you forget to give them your rewards card, you can add receipts to that also.

Did that yesterday. :) Everything was correct.

What they're telling me is that they failed to send them out when they should have. But b/c it's past the Christmas promotion's dates, I'm SOL. And I don't agree with that. B/c THEY failed to send them, I don't get the rewards certificates. Should I have called sooner? Probably. But our mail tends to be late at times, and I don't feel like it's my responsibility to ensure that companies are doing their job by calling them all the time. It had slipped my mind until yesterday...

What they're telling me is that they failed to send them out when they should have. But b/c it's past the Christmas promotion's dates, I'm SOL. And I don't agree with that. B/c THEY failed to send them, I don't get the rewards certificates. Should I have called sooner? Probably. But our mail tends to be late at times, and I don't feel like it's my responsibility to ensure that companies are doing their job by calling them all the time. It had slipped my mind until yesterday...

i would email corporate through planet feedback ... might have better luck

I've had issues with them too. Once you sign up, you are supposed to get coupons that are good for their "member nights". My sister will get the coupon, and I won't. We live close to eachother (like 3 minute drive) so it isn't by area. It isn't by what you spend, since we spend close to the same amount between her 3 girls and my 4 boys. And I can't remember what the exact Christmas Promo was but it was like something back for every 100.00 you spent. Or something like that. If you spent $197.00 it counts as $100.00 so you had to keep track of the next increment. I got ONE $10.00 certificate. I should have received more. Then the rewards have an expiration date which I thought was wrong because they expire really fast. Not like 6 months or a year. But like within 14 days. Then if you use the certificate and you return the item, they don't give you store credit. You lose it. So you have to make sure you are will not be returning the item. I was so angry when that happened, I called managers over, reminded them of the class action lawsuit they had with the Toys R Us credit card reward points. They ended up giving me store credit, but said they won't be able to do that in the future. :eyepoppin

Good Luck. I hope you can get what you earned. Every little bit helps. You say it is only $15.00. To Toys r Us that should be what they are saying....IT IS ONLY $15.00 give it to the customer that spent a fortune and will continue to spend a fortune if we keep her happy.

Okay...it was $5 certificate per $150 spent.

Called the 800# again today, the woman I spoke with said she hadn't heard that I wasn't entitled to them, and that I should be b/c I earned them. She called TRU Corporate Guest Relations and patched me through. The woman I spoke with there said that although they are not sending out certificates for the past promotion, they ARE able to send gift cards w/out expiration dates to me b/c they failed to catch the glitch that didn't send them in the first place.

I don't get the "member nights" coupons, either.

But the whole thing goes to show that it's all about who answers the phone. That first woman had no clue and was very firm in the fact that TRU would NOT send anything out and that I was, essentially, out of luck. Glad I called back.

I went thru the same thing! I registered for this program in November and they never sent out the coupons. I called in the beginning of January and I was told they didn't have an address for me and that they had to "work thru the pile" to get to my mail to send out again. I was upset b/c they supposedly expired January 31st so I wanted to make sure I got them. The woman said they would send it out again. I waited about another week or so and called again b/c again I did not receive them. I am supposed to get $25 for spending. I called again at the end of January and another rep told me that they were sending out gift cards after February 1st to those of us who did not receive their certificates. Now it's March 21st and I called again tonight and they said that they are sending the issure back to some department that I am requesting for a third time for my reward dollars. I'm so fed up with this it's not even funny. I know it's only $25, but I had to spend like $700 to get that and they shouldn't have started a program that they weren't ready to run. It's false advertising. That's the other thing a rep told me that although they still hadn't worked out the kinks in this program that they decided to launch it anyway. This is what happens when you are unorganized. I'm not shopping there anymore, not even for showers. If i have to go to a shower and they register at BRU I'm going to get the registered items at Target.