Buster Brown Shoes - What are they?

arelf27

I remember back 30 yrs ago they was high price shoe that you bought at a good shoe store....my brother had to wear them and we would always go and they would measure his foot and things like that.

I had to wear them too I had to have buildups or something like that after they took the bars off my feet

OH man! I used to wear these as a kid. My sister and I needed special order AAAA width. We both had long narrow feet. We were just happy we got new shoes!

My poor dd, though. My long, narrow feet vs. dh's short wide feet....yep, she got long wide feet. :tweety:

Oh My Gosh! Still around? That was the best thing 35 years ago......... whenever we had to visit the Doctor, there was a Buster Brown Shoe Store right by the office. We got new shoes every doctor visit! And there was 4 of us! Gives me a chill....they were top of the line back then. That was all Mom & Dad would buy. :)

Thanks everyone!! They just had these as a "Special Of The Day" on Amazon for $9.99 (supposedly down from 3x.xx for some pairs) so I decided for that price it was worth a try. Bought two pairs, marry janes for dd3 and sandals for ds1. They looked kind of expensive and I Love the fact that they are leather, so we'll see.. I'm used to buying Stride Rite for the kids along with Umi's & Primigi (all at 60%+ discount) so just wanted to be sure these weren't Kohl's/Walmart/Target quality (because I'd rather try those at Target on 75% clearance)