FREE Breakfast at Denny tomorrow...

sarah_carp

the commerical was hysterical!

You can watch the commercial on their web site: www.dennys.com

Unfortunately, my local Denny's is now a Japanese restaurant. So now my nearest Denny's is 28 miles away. I don't think it's worth an hour drive (round trip) to get a free breakfast in a (crowded) Denny's.

Wonder if they'll do it "To Go"? I'd Have to go a bit out of my way, but I probably won't.

No they won't, it says dine in only. But I have heard that if they are too busy and you don't want to wait they have 500 vouchers for free grand slams you can use another time.

No they won't, it says dine in only. But I have heard that if they are too busy and you don't want to wait they have 500 vouchers for free grand slams you can use another time.

**But technically - you can sit down, order your meal, ask for a doggie bag and walk out of there, right?

Denny's give me gas.

The WORST, longest lasting, foulest smelling.......GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closest is 70 miles. My family thanks you, Denny's.

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Sick/fartysmile1f.gif

------

They just showed a reporter at a Denny's. Place was packed (to be expected, I guess)....

DD1, DD2 and I were at Denny's at 6AM. Not too crowded. Served quickly. Decent food. (I'm not much of a breakfast eater, so DD2 took most of mine for her lunch.)

The best part was spending time with the girls. They're now grown and out of the house so mornings like this are rare.

Definitely worth it for me. Of course, Denny's is only about 3 mins. from my house.

I drove by it around 12:00 and saw the line out the door and lots of cars still pulling into the driveway.. It was starting to snow too so really wasn't in the mood to have to wait outside with ds1. Figured we'd be only saving 12 bucks (since they serve this same deal weekdays for $4 and there would be 3 of us with hubby) so really wasn't worth fighting the mob. Opted for Chinese buffet instead..

At least they motivated me to take a shower, put on make-up and get out of the house this morning, so it was all good :). (I've been loosing my motivation lately, now that Target Toys sale is over and there's no more free make-up at the mall and no more Gymboree $4.99 ($1.99) crazy deals! :)

3 of us waited about 45min from the door to sitting down. The tables were full but it wasn't an uncomfortable atmosphere at all. Def. worth free breakfast and I even won a purple Valentines Frog from the claw machine while waiting in line 3x a charms($1.50). Gave it to my sis-in-law :)

LOL! Just happened to drive by the local one 3 times today driving to and from the kids school, and the line never abated. It was still going strong at 2pm. Afraid you'd have to pay me to do it, but to each his own....

**Yeh, I would have waited a bit if it was one of the fancier restaurants serving a three course meal (a steak or a lobster or something like that..)

Just curious though.. were the drinks included or did one have to pay for those??

My neighbor and i went with the 4 kids.Got there at about 6:30 am wasnt to to busy but come 7 am WOW line out the door.We were out at 7:15 got kids to school and all had full bellys.No drinks werent included and of course kids needed OJ at a $1.29 a glass and i needed coffee at $1.79 a cup.Cost more to drink than eat but kids had fun so it was worth it to us.

That's what I thought about the drinks!! That kinda beats the purpose for me!!

I mean I realize it's just a dollar or so, but the whole breakfast was only $4 to begin with plus count gas (cause all these people wouldn't normally drive that way on that day)

I think they should have went all out and offered free soda, juice and coffee. This way they still made money they wouldn't have otherwise...

I was seriously considering bringing my own iced-tea, juice and soda (just for the principal sake!!) but then decided against going at all..

Edited by arelf27

Mine was OK. The staff was wonderful and took names upon arrival and had a list so no waiting in line. Only minor drawback was when a name was called some people would look around and then pretend to be that person! :mad:

I would stop those people and say NO! they just got here and their name is not the same as on the list. Lets just say I made no new friends that day.

Also I was appalled at the number of kids there! Why would you pull your kid out of school just for a free breakfast? I got there with my friend around 10:30am and there was about 25 kids (8 to 14 years old) in line with parents!!!

But overall I managed to go to the bank and post office and return with 15 minutes left before they called my name to get my free breakfast.

props to you for doing that... i probably wouldn't have the guts to do it.. but i'm really really want to.. maybe on a really bad day i would.. good job though!

Mine was OK. The staff was wonderful and took names upon arrival and had a list so no waiting in line. Only minor drawback was when a name was called some people would look around and then pretend to be that person! :mad:

I would stop those people and say NO! they just got here and their name is not the same as on the list. Lets just say I made no new friends that day.

Also I was appalled at the number of kids there! Why would you pull your kid out of school just for a free breakfast? I got there with my friend around 10:30am and there was about 25 kids (8 to 14 years old) in line with parents!!!

But overall I managed to go to the bank and post office and return with 15 minutes left before they called my name to get my free breakfast.

They probably homeschool...