Active and Retired Military!!!!!! Disney 5 Day Park Hopper $99!!!!!!

masilke

http://wdwibc1.wdpromedia.com/ibc_wdw_v0101/media/en_US/content/nextGen/resorts/MilitaryOffer2009WDPRO2.pdf

Service Member gets in free. ( active/ retired)

Activated members of the National Guard or Reservists (with orders showing active status after January 1, 2008) and active or retired members of the United States Coast Guard are also eligible to participate in this offer.

Can buy up to 5 more tickets at the $99 w/o parkhopper, add $25 for Hopper.

Buy tickets at the local ITR office or at the gate (with proper Military ID), book your room @ 407-939-7500 and mention the military offer " Disney's Armed Forces Salute"

Valid through 12/23/2009

Further Details:

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/specialOfferDetails?name=Promo&promotionCode=fy09military&market=fy09military&CMP=VAN-WDWFY09MilitaryOfferVanity.

This Promo shaved another $2000 off our Vacation.

At the Disneyland Resort in Southern California:

Through June 12, 2009, each active or retired member of the U.S. military can receive one

complimentary three-day “Disney’s Armed Forces Salute” Park Hopper ticket valid for

admission to both Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure parks. During the offer period,

active or retired U.S. military personnel also may make a one-time purchase of an adult or child

three-day “Disney’s Armed Forces Salute Companion” Park Hopper ticket for up to five family

members (including spouse) or friends for the price of an adult 1-Day Park Hopper ticket.

Disneyland Resort hotels are also offering special room rates for active or retired military

personnel. For example, at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, active or retired members of the

military and their families may find hotel rooms starting at $119 per night during value season,

with great savings during other times of the offer period. This offer is available through June 12,

2009, and the number of rooms available at these special rates is limited.

For information regarding “Disney’s Armed Forces Salute” at the Disneyland Resort, or to make

reservations, military personnel may call 714/956-6424.

At Walt Disney World Resort in Florida:

From Jan. 4 to Dec. 23, 2009, each active or retired member of the U.S. military may obtain one

complimentary 5-day “Disney’s Armed Forces Salute” ticket with Park Hopper and Water Park

Fun & More options. This ticket is valid for five days of admission into the four Walt Disney

World theme parks, plus a total of five visits to a choice of a Disney water park, DisneyQuest

Indoor Interactive Theme Park or certain other attractions. During this offer period, active or

retired U.S. military personnel may also make a one-time purchase of up to a maximum of five

5-Day “Disney’s Armed Forces Salute Companion” tickets (one theme park per day) for $99 per

ticket, plus tax, for family members (including spouse) or friends. Although this ticket for family

members and friends does not include either the Park Hopper or Water Park Fun & More

options, this ticket can be upgraded to add either such option, or both, for an additional $25, plus

tax, per option. All tickets and options are non-transferable and must be used by Dec. 23, 2009.

Actual prices may be less.

Ask about the great rates that may be available at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels for

active or retired U.S. military personnel during this offer period.

Edited by masilke
more info added

Anyone know if veterns can you this also. My husband is a disabled vetern and this would be a perfect chance for us to take our DD to Disneyworld. Thanks

It says "active and retired" so I sure dont know why you couldnt!!! Good luck!!!

Anyone know if veterns can you this also. My husband is a disabled vetern and this would be a perfect chance for us to take our DD to Disneyworld. Thanks

my dh is a disabled vietnam veteran. He is considered retired military. We have the id cards & everything. If you do, I'm sure you would qualify.

I agree, as long as you guys have Id cards ( fall in the retired category), you should qualify. HTH Silke

we were going to do hawaii for Dec '09 but decided to take advantage of this instead!

If you combine the awesome price on tickets with a condo from the Armed Services Vacation Club for $329 (for a week), it makes for a very affordable vacation!

I didn't even think about that, however we were going to do Shades of Green, but then couldn't take advantage of the Dining Plus Package. Since we wanted to do a bunch of sit down character dinners, we decided to go with the Resort Package.

This would be awesome if dh's dad qualifies. I know he doesn't get retirement pay but he does get disability pay and VA benefits. Hmmm I need to call him LOL. We could pay for us and dh's mom and still save a ton. Their first date was at Disney the week it opened so Disney is special to them.

Tammy

does everyone realize that this actually works out to a 10 day vacation if you use the $25 water park option?

this would mean that you dont go to the four parks on the same days as the water parks or disney quest, but believe me this will still keep everyone plenty busy and you might even be able to work in some actual relaxation time, lol! that still works out to $500 for a 10 day vacation for my family of 5.

and remember that military gets into sea world for free up to 4 people 1x/year through the annheuser busch heroes salute program (this applies to busch gardens in tampa too but you have to make the two hour drive from orlando and i believe that you would have to choose either s.w. or b.g. as you can only do one annheuser busch park/year for free)

My husband and I are both active duty and we used this the last time they offered it (nov 2003). It was a great deal, combined with the Armed Forces Vacation Club condo as other poster stated. We plan on going back with the kiddos for spring break this year.

They are also offering the following dining/room deal:

Military Package with Dining

Special deal for eligible members of the US Military*: A discounted Military Package with Dining is available for stays most nights 1/4/09-12/23/09, except not available at all 2/13-2/15, 4/4-4/18, 5/22-5/24, 7/3-7/4, 11/25-11/26/09.

The Military Package with Dining does not include tickets because there is a special ticket offer for military.

The package includes a room discount of up to 40% off, but the Dining Plans are priced at the regular rate.

The Military Package with Dining is subject to regular Walt Disney Travel Company package rules.

*Offer available to active duty military, activated reservists and retired military. Proof of Military eligibility is required.

Thanks to Small World Vacations for info!

Is the Armed Services Vacation Club considered a Disney property resort, so that you can get in early with the magic hours and all other Disney resort goodies..busing, etc?

"The AFVC is a "space available" program offering Department of Defense affiliated personnel affordable condominium vacations at over 3,500 resorts around the world."

They are not affiliated with Disney, but are primarily timeshares that military personnel and thier famillies rent for $349/week through the website. Thier web address is afvclub(dot)com

Lots of locations, but you have to play with the dates. High demand times are when the timeshares are full, but there are many options. Can't beat the price for a weeks worth of lodging at decent resorts. :D

My husband and I are both active duty and we used this the last time they offered it (nov 2003). It was a great deal, combined with the Armed Forces Vacation Club condo as other poster stated. We plan on going back with the kiddos for spring break this year.

They are also offering the following dining/room deal:

Military Package with Dining

Special deal for eligible members of the US Military*: A discounted Military Package with Dining is available for stays most nights 1/4/09-12/23/09, except not available at all 2/13-2/15, 4/4-4/18, 5/22-5/24, 7/3-7/4, 11/25-11/26/09.

The Military Package with Dining does not include tickets because there is a special ticket offer for military.

The package includes a room discount of up to 40% off, but the Dining Plans are priced at the regular rate.

The Military Package with Dining is subject to regular Walt Disney Travel Company package rules.

*Offer available to active duty military, activated reservists and retired military. Proof of Military eligibility is required.

Thanks to Small World Vacations for info!

Do you just call the Disney number and ask for the Military Package with Dining? Is the room discount good at all Disney hotels?

I booked my reservations this past Saturday. Just call them and tell them you are looking for the military rate. They told me the hotel discount is good at all the hotels if available at that time frame. We are going in August and staying at the Caribbean Resort and got the discount. Just remember there is peak times so prices maybe higher at different times of the month too.

My husdband is active military and is overseas right now, i would love to take my daughter. Do you think i could get discount with MY civilian military ID?

Just go to your base's MWR office and get the tickets there. You can use your dependent ID card and still get the same deal since you are the spouse. Only exception is that you and your daughter's tickets will be $99 and not free.

My brother is retired and is willing to get tickets for us. Does anyone know if he has to be there with us or can he just get the tickets and we can go whenever we want.

I was wondering this myself, but according to this, they would have to be with you to activate the tickets.

"Disney's Armed Forces Salute" tickets can be obtained only at participating U.S. military base ticket offices (including at the Shades of Green Resort at the Walt Disney World® Resort), or at main entrance theme park ticket windows. Tickets are not valid until activated at the main entrance theme park ticket windows. Valid military identification (including, for activated members of the National Guard or Reservists, orders showing active status after January 1, 2008) will be required to be presented by the service member (or spouse) for all ticket transactions (including to activate tickets at the main entrance theme park ticket windows). See your military base ticket office or click here for details. All parties must be present when purchasing or activating tickets at main entrance theme park ticket windows.

Do you just call the Disney number and ask for the Military Package with Dining? Is the room discount good at all Disney hotels?

You do not have to purchase the dining plan in order to get 40% off the room rate. I'm not sure if the discount applies to all the resorts. I booked ours for Pop Century.

Oops, forgot to add the discount codes. I borrowed this from another site:

40% off Military Room only- Travel from January 4 thru December 23, 2009.

Blackout dates may apply. Must be booked by December 18, 2009.

Booking codes: MYV- Room Only, EAN Quick service dining, FNB Basic Dining

Offer good for Active, Retired, Reservists with Military ID

You do not have to purchase the dining plan in order to get 40% off the room rate. I'm not sure if the discount applies to all the resorts. I booked ours for Pop Century.

Oops, forgot to add the discount codes. I borrowed this from another site:

40% off Military Room only- Travel from January 4 thru December 23, 2009.

Blackout dates may apply. Must be booked by December 18, 2009.

Booking codes: MYV- Room Only, EAN Quick service dining, FNB Basic Dining

Offer good for Active, Retired, Reservists with Military ID

Thanks for the info! I called and made my reservation at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Got the discount and the dining plan. Now my husband has to get a hold of someone at Disney who can let him know if he is eligible. He's a disabled veteran.

• 3 weeks later...
Just an FYI, my husband is a 60% disabled veteran and has called numerous people at the military and Disney. As of now, he is not eligible for this deal. However, they (Disney) say that the military can change their terms later in the year. So, I have made a reservation for July and my husband is going to call each month to see if anything has changed. If not, I cancel our hotel:(

Then I read this from the second click in the first post....

"Disney's Armed Forces Salute" tickets can be obtained only at participating U.S. military base ticket offices (including at the Shades of Green Resort at the Walt Disney World® Resort), or at main entrance theme park ticket windows. Tickets are not valid until activated at the main entrance theme park ticket windows. Valid military identification (including, for activated members of the National Guard or Reservists, orders showing active status after January 1, 2008) will be required to be presented by the service member (or spouse) for all ticket transactions (including to activate tickets at the main entrance theme park ticket windows). See your military base ticket office or click here for details. All parties must be present when purchasing or activating tickets at main entrance theme park ticket windows

Now I wonder if the service person has to be there.

Edited by dd50
mistake

• 3 weeks later...

Then I read this from the second click in the first post....

"Disney's Armed Forces Salute" tickets can be obtained only at participating U.S. military base ticket offices (including at the Shades of Green Resort at the Walt Disney World® Resort), or at main entrance theme park ticket windows. Tickets are not valid until activated at the main entrance theme park ticket windows. Valid military identification (including, for activated members of the National Guard or Reservists, orders showing active status after January 1, 2008) will be required to be presented by the service member (or spouse) for all ticket transactions (including to activate tickets at the main entrance theme park ticket windows). See your military base ticket office or click here for details. All parties must be present when purchasing or activating tickets at main entrance theme park ticket windows

Now I wonder if the service person has to be there.

I checked with our ITR. Service person does not have to accompany.. Just make sure you have your Military ID on you.