Goody's Closing it's Doors. Sale starts Friday!

motherof3wifeof

Goody’s liquidating remaining stores

Goody’s Family Clothing plans to liquidate its remaining stores, according to a report Tuesday by the Reuters news agency.

The privately held chain emerged from bankruptcy this past October.

Reuters quotes Cathy Hershcopf, a bankruptcy partner at law firm Cooley Godward Kronish LLP, as saying, “The company is in the processes of obtaining bids to liquidate substantially all collateral and inventory. The retail environment is very difficult and they did not have sufficient capital to weather the bad times.”

Going-out-of-business sales will begin as early as Friday, Hershcopf told Reuters.

Was in there yesterday (Tue) noticed several 50/60/80% off!

Bad for Them...:(

Good for US....:)

Wow! I just came on here 5 minutes ago to see if someone had posted the story. I didn't see anything so I went to find the news article, came back and you had beat me to the scoop!

Here's the story by the way:

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200901061504DOWJONESDJONLINE000501_FORTUNE5.htm

There is one mall in our hometown that was already hurting. Then they laded a big store and made a come back. That store? Steve and Barry's. So that went away and what was left? Well there WAS a Goody's, now that is going too!

was at our goody's friday and they were just then putting signs out . 30% off everything and a few racks of 60 -70% off (which was racks of things no one would buy) but it is 30% off regular prices so not good deals at all. for example : A couple of weeks ago they had track suits for 19.99 now they are 30% off from 50.00 (they say that is the reg. price) which makes them 35.00 so not good at all. I will wait until they drop their prices.