Mispriced items rant!

I just had to blow off a little steam. I came home yesterday after work and sat down to do a search on a certain brand of scrubs to try and find the best deal before I purchased them. At our local uniform store they are well overpriced and although I recieve a 45% discount I can usually find the same uniforms online cheaper. So I came home and googled the brand and color I was looking for and low and behold I found a website that had them for $0.01 thats right ONE PENNY. I thought it was a little strange and I looked to see what other colors they had and they had a few other colors with some sizes sold out. I figured I could provide some extra uniforms for all my ALL my co-workers for about 15 bucks plus shipping so I racked up on all the colors. I had a hunch that by the time I got to the check out the total price would change or the shipping would be so outrageous, but it wasn't. my total for about 1300 items (all scrub tops and pants) was only about $22 plus shipping which was only $8.99. It let me put in shipping/billing address my card info and I even got a confimation email with the items and the prices. Today I got this email from the online store...... "The IguanaMed scrubs are not available to order online or in the quantities you requested. The prices range from $19.99 to $21.99. Please call or email to place an order." Ugh how stinky is that?! Edited by amyelizabethau
typo

I thought about that also. My friend ordered 20 and I think she may have gotten the same email. Sad thing is that they didn't even go in and change the price on the website. You can still order them for a penny. I guess he just plans on sending everyone that trys to order that same email forever.

You actually thought that you would get ALL 1300 at 1 cent each! A loss like that alone would put a/the company out business for good.

If the price difference was a couple of bucks, I could see of having a 'rant'. But with that large of a cost difference, I don't see where you have the 'right' to rant about it.

I'd be concerned about it maybe being a scam website and them having my cc info:eek: Especially since they still have them listed for that price but never honor it when an order is placed. You know, make the prices so low people will order, put in their cc #, and then tell them the price isn't right. Just a thought...

You should have just ordered a few. The amount put up a red flag to the company.

I was annoyed at the game store when the price under game said $29.99 and then when they rang it up it was over $60. I mentioned it and they said they had not got around to changing the prices on the display stands behind the counter.

I was annoyed but the people working there are your typical high school minimum wage employees who just don't care. Besides I have complained to corporate before about other things and they don't care. District manager cursing at employees while I was in the store for example. No shocker the company filed for BK a while back and I doubt it will be in business by the end of 09'.

You actually thought that you would get ALL 1300 at 1 cent each! A loss like that alone would put a/the company out business for good.

If the price difference was a couple of bucks, I could see of having a 'rant'. But with that large of a cost difference, I don't see where you have the 'right' to rant about it.

:eyepoppin 1300? wow, I was thinking the same thing......

I don't think a store has to honor the wrong price if the mistake is more than 50% of the actual price. That's the rule we used when I worked at a grocery store anyway. I would think even 20 items would be enough to raise a red flag. I imagine this business doesn't do much more than a few items per order when dealing with individuals. Was your credit card charged?