Wedding Serices--Any Deals?

Find someone who got married recently - believe me, they will have wedding magazines to get rid of. I have about 6 sitting underneath a side table in my apartment because I have nowhere else for them, and can't really ship them - they are RIDICULOUSLY heavy.

The best way to get deals on wedding services is to negotiate for them. What kind of wedding do they want? Are you going to have services in a church? Outside? Reception in your home?

When the couple has an idea of what they want to do, start checking out the wedding websites for suggestions, but believe me, all their suggestions are expensive. There is always theknot.com and weddingbee.com.

Ask if you have any questions - there are a few members here, including myself, that got married recently!

Check out the wedding aisle at your local Micheals, have the Bride decide what she wants and start purchasing with coupons. Great accessories, etc.

When one of my cousins got married, her mom bought all the red roses at Micheals after Valentine's Day sale (her color was red) and made up all the centerpieces. They were beautiful and she saved a lot of money.

Also sign up for Joann's mailer--extra coupons all the time, and you can buy a lot of accessories and tulle there....for DD's First Communion, the centerpieces where pansies in white containers layered in 3 colors of tulle. The pansies were from Home Depot, the white containers were folded down paper bags, and the tulle all came from J's. I really didn't spend much at all....and there were 10 tables. (80 guests)

Wedding Magazines should be avaliable at the library!

Congrats !

check with your local chamber of commerce,they can get you a local listing for venues and company's close to home and depending on the theme/date you could also check with the parks and rec in your area. theres always ebay I bought flowergirl dresses for 25.00 that I saw similiar at bridal stores for over 70.00 and the tiara/veils are also cheaper.

Congrats!!!!!

we have a site I have been using to help a friend of mine plan, and it looks like there is one for the Columbus area http://www.mycolumbuswedding.com/ it has A TON of links to help with the planning... maybe you will be able to find good deals... If not, it is a good source of info instead of trying to find things from different sources!!! HTH

Find someone who got married recently - believe me, they will have wedding magazines to get rid of. I have about 6 sitting underneath a side table in my apartment because I have nowhere else for them, and can't really ship them - they are RIDICULOUSLY heavy.

The best way to get deals on wedding services is to negotiate for them. What kind of wedding do they want? Are you going to have services in a church? Outside? Reception in your home?

When the couple has an idea of what they want to do, start checking out the wedding websites for suggestions, but believe me, all their suggestions are expensive. There is always theknot.com and weddingbee.com.

Ask if you have any questions - there are a few members here, including myself, that got married recently!

what about a flat rate box from the USPS? I believe the rectangular ones are $10-$11 to ship, flat rate, no matter what is in the box. I dont think it goes by weight either.

congrats!

Maybe you would want to ask them WHEN they are wanting to get married. having a wedding in June will cost a lot more $$$ than say a wedding in March.

I believe i read somewhere that weddings in June and October are the more expensive to have, costing up to THOUSANDS more than any other months.

So that's why I got married in June, I always have the expensive taste:)

I would also check out local bridal shows, I know ours we could get free admission if we registered ahead of time. There they have show specials, and you can also win free stuff.

what about a flat rate box from the USPS? I believe the rectangular ones are $10-$11 to ship, flat rate, no matter what is in the box. I dont think it goes by weight either.

I hate lugging them around too. :tongue1: I have a friend getting married in May, but she didn't want them. I might need to craigslist them.

I believe i read somewhere that weddings in June and October are the more expensive to have, costing up to THOUSANDS more than any other months.

Pretty much April - September is high season. Some places will give you a discount in October. If you consider a Friday night or Sunday wedding, the price does go down quite a bit, especially if you do not have to get married in a church.

When I was in college majoring in photography we had people call up to hire us as photographers. I would call around to some nearby colleges and talk to the photography instructors. They will be able to tell you if they have any students that they think will be able to do it. They may not have a huge wedding portfolio to show you but they will definitely have other work so you can get a feel for them. I know the wedding I shot in college turned out great and I only charged $100 or so. You may also see if they have a graphic design department with any students interested in designing invitations, announcements, programs or anything like that. I know I did a lot of that stuff in college to build my portfolio. HTH!